What power voltage is used in Ghana ?
Wtype of plugs are used in Ghana? Are the plugs 2 pin or 3 pin?
<LI>Official range: 220-240 at 50 Hz.
Any electrical equipment that has 220-240VAC 50Hz input capability will work in Ghana. A considerable proportion of electrical equipment sold in the USA are exclusively 60Hz and you will have problems with speed and electrical interruptions etc. So the watch word is not only voltage but frequency of electrical impulses.
If you get a machine with switchable voltage which says 110-120VAC/220-240 VAC 50/60Hz either at the back or in the manual ( which means you can have it opened and appropriate voltage selected), you are on the hOme stretch then buy DEFINITELY else forget it and buy one from Europe or from a specialist export electrical goods shop.
However the lines deliver usually less, and of course in some cases overshoots.
1. Where ever possible one should use a GOOD SURGE SUPPRESSOR, whether yuou use atransformer or not.
2. For those in the USA, get a suitable Transformer. Connect your Surge Suppressor to the Transformer, and then connect your US machines to the S/Suppressor.
3. There is on the market an Uninterruptible Power Supply or voltage Regulator on the market for about $100. I'll recommend it instead of an expensive (def. as more than $6) Surge Suppressor, because everytime the lights go out and come on again, you will experience such a power surge that could damage some ICs or circuits. in fact EOS, Electrical Overstress, is one of the most common failure symptons on ICs, even in the USA. How much more in areas where there is a power cut off anytime it rains.
4. Single Phase vs 3 Phase:
In Ghana, in areas where there are single phase lines, you expereince a really poor power delivery. The dimming light may have only about 160 Volts instead of 220/240V. If you intend to use much power equipment, I suggest you contact the local Electrician there. They'll get you a 3Phase line for a small fee. From that time, you'll get better power deleivery. sometimes it's so bad you rtefrigerator won' t be powered up.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- So Hilarious: Crazy S*x Video of a Young Couple Surfaces on Social (WATCH)
- Big and Fresh Boobs: Beautiful Ghanaian Girl Wrecks Internet with Private Photos
- Rashida Black Beauty Takes Home The Prize For Viral Video Of The Year – ALL The Winners From The Jigwe Awards 2016 HERE
- Furious A Plus Tears Into Kwahu NPP Victory Jam Ft Shatta Wale And Other Artists – People Voted For Jobs, Not Jams! (WATCH VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Hot Girl Shows Off Her S*xy Body by Twerking Seductively on Tape
- “Go and Buy From Mahama” – Read REPORT Of How An East Legon Filling Station Refused To Sell Fuel To Actor John Dumelo
- Meet the Beautiful Ghanaian Thief: How Martha Amakye-A Stanbic Bank Award Winning Female Employee Swindled Customers Out of Large Amounts of Cash
- BREAKING: Gambia’s President-elect Adama Barrow Has Been Killed
- Learn How To Seduce Your Man – With Bibi Bright And Akumaa Mama Zimbi (VIDEO)
- OMG! Hot Girls Attract Attention By Twerking Sexily While Washing Car (Video)
- WATCH: Christabel Ekeh Wows Fans As She Uploads Twerking VIDEO In Very SKIMPY Skirt
- Ghanaians Are Hypocrites For Hailing Rashida The Black Beauty – Afia Schwarzenegger Claims, Proving Her Massive Hypocrisy
- VIDEO: Rashida Black Beauty Gives All The Background To Her Doomed Relationship With Kushman In This Interview
- Help! Who Can Pull Off My Cloths and Bath Me - Cossy Orjiakor Says She's Dirty & Horny (Video)
- Married Afia Schwarzenegger Goes Topless. AGAIN!
- World's Most Identical Twins Sisters Who Share a Boyfriend Now Set To Marry Him (Photos)
- PHOTOS: Kenpong Survives Ghastly Accident Which Mangles His $50,000 BMW
- Prostitute Fights for Her Life After Glass Table She was Having S*x on Broke Leaving Her Badly Cut (PHOTOS)
- Rumoured Tyga And Kylie Jenner S*x Tape Hits The Internet (AGAIN)
- Here Are The 26 Owusu Bempah Prophecies That Have Got Ghanaians Fuming With Anger
- Married Woman In S*x Scandal
- Rex Omar Has Just Said Something About Akufo-Addo And It's Not Nice
- Supreme Court is Considering Suits Brought Before It to Re-arrest ‘Montie 3’
- Curvy Video Vixen Goes 'N*ked' to Promote Herself on Social Media (Photos)
- LOL! Couple Releases Crazily S*xy Pre-Wedding Pictures
- NPP Drags Mahama To Court For Appointing CHRAJ And NCCE Bosses With Less Than Three Weeks Left In Office
- WATCH VIDEO: Turkish Police Officer Assassinates Russian Ambassador
- AUDIO: How Martha Amakye Scammed Me Out of 10,000 GHS I Invested Into A Stanbic Bank’s Investment Package - A Victim Tells Her Heartbreaking Story
- 11 Quotes From President Nana Akufo-Addo’s Inaugural Speech That Will Make You Believe In Ghana Again
- VIDEO: Check Out Akrobeto And Funny Face Reading Out The News On UTV
- VIDEO: Check Out President Mahama’s Scintillating Dance Moves On Display At Ovation’s Carol Service In Nigeria
- BUSTED! Adulterous Kenyan Couple Gets Stuck During S*x (VIDEO)
- Katelyn Nicole Davis suicide video is going viral - and cops are powerless to stop it
- Online Trolls Once Dissed This Girl For Dating A ‘Black Beauty’ – But She Continues To Defy Them By Posting Loved Up Pics
- Diamond Appiah Piles More Misery On Mzbel – Mocks Her On Social Media For Crying
- Gospel Musician, Bro. Sammy Threatened to Kill My Baby After Impregnating Me – UK-Based Ghanaian Singer Alleges
- ‘Your Wife Wants To F*ck M3nsa’ – Wanlov Lays Out D-Black’s Dirty Laundry In Diss Track ‘Ah Well’ – LISTEN HERE
- VIDEO: DKB Reacts to Fake “Plastic Cindy Rice” Video Online
- 17 Lovely Photos Of President Mahama Taking Nana Addo On Flagstaff House Tour
- Lordina Mahama Fingered In Corrupt COCOBOD Scheme By Assin Central MP Kennedy Agyepong
- After Performance At NDC’s Pre-Election Rally – Shatta Wale Tapped To Perform At NPP Victory Carnival And He Explains Why HERE
- “This Story Should Never Have Been Published In Its Original Form” – CNN Finally Apologises For Ghana Election Coverage Fiasco