With 20 albums under his belt, Daddy Lumba's albums have yielded more number one and top ten hits than any other Ghanaian musician in our time. Coining so many phrases with his lyrics, Lumba has been responsible for some of the lingo used in everyday language.
Going to a social function without hearing at least one of his songs is like going to Chicago without seeing the Sears Tower silhouetting the skyline.
Born Charles Kojo Fosu, Daddy Lumba started his music career as one of the duo in the group Lumba Brothers, when he collaborated with his partner Nana Acheampong and released their first album entitled 'Yereye Aka Akwantuo Mu'. This song depicted the number of Ghanaian immigrants that originally leave the country to seek better fortunes abroad but make those temporary homes permanent due to financial, emotional or other unforeseen hardships. The album was produced by Lumba's wife.
After Lumba Brothers, Lumba's first solo album became an instant hit catapulting him straight into superstar status and making him a household name and a national treasure. Since then, he has averaged an album a year and has collaborated with other top musicians such as A. B. Crentsil, Selina, Felix Owusu, Yaw Micah, Borax and lately with Pat Thomas another iconic figure in the Ghanaian music industry.
On his first solo album, the song 'Theresa' quickly became a hit as he crooned about a lover and how no other woman is comparable. His delivery was unique, his style was impeccable. His ability to coin and mince ordinary sounding words and turning them into indecipherable incoherent phrases put his vocal technique unlike any other Ghanaian musician before him. His up tempo beats were undeniably high heat.
On the title track 'Obi ato me so boo', the steady thumping drums and the consistent groovy bass line along with the sharp piercing lead guitar licks sent chills through one's spine. On the song, his simultaneous craving and praising a new found lover while chiding and humiliating a former lover puts one in a bi-polar mood swing. However his uncanny ability to drag people along this sing-along melodic joy ride depending on whether you are praising a lover or dishing out insults to a former leave listeners to conjecture where they stand.
His second album 'Sika Asem' wasted no time in climbing up the charts thus squashing the 'sophomore syndrome', a situation whereby most musicians' second album fail to meet the standards or exceed their first ones. This album established him as a gifted musician who would be around for a long time.
Year after year he released one hit album after the another including, 'Ohia Asem', 'Playboy', 'Seese Wo Se', 'Odo Foforo', Biribi Gye Gye Wo' and 'Back for Good'. Then just like so many pop musicians before him had done, he found a new life in gospel music and released 'Mesom Jesus' and 'Woana Na Otene'. Praising and singing about Jesus had become a passion and he reached out to the many fans who had previously not listened to his secular music.
After taking some time off from the pop scene, Lumba reverted to the genre and released 'Aben Wo Ha' an album that took the country and his fans by storm. His finesse with words was up to the summit, his beat had become even more vibrant and the consistency of his tempo had precise and recognizable overtones of his familiar and unique style. The master had coined yet another phrase for the country.
After having collaborated previously with other stars, Lumba in 1999 paired up with a rising star Ofori Amponsah to release 'Woho Kyere'. That album produced five hits and thrust Amposah into the national spotlight. Reenergized, Lumba followed up with 'Adepa Hye Adepa', 'Poison', 'Papa Samo', 'Ofie Banbofo', 'Asee Ho', Odo Bewu Dee Eno Nwu' and the latest, collaboration with Pat Thomas entitled 'Ahenfo Kyinie'.
- So Hilarious: Crazy S*x Video of a Young Couple Surfaces on Social (WATCH)
- Big and Fresh Boobs: Beautiful Ghanaian Girl Wrecks Internet with Private Photos
- Rashida Black Beauty Takes Home The Prize For Viral Video Of The Year – ALL The Winners From The Jigwe Awards 2016 HERE
- VIDEO: Hot Girl Shows Off Her S*xy Body by Twerking Seductively on Tape
- Furious A Plus Tears Into Kwahu NPP Victory Jam Ft Shatta Wale And Other Artists – People Voted For Jobs, Not Jams! (WATCH VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Gambia’s President-elect Adama Barrow Has Been Killed
- Meet the Beautiful Ghanaian Thief: How Martha Amakye-A Stanbic Bank Award Winning Female Employee Swindled Customers Out of Large Amounts of Cash
- Learn How To Seduce Your Man – With Bibi Bright And Akumaa Mama Zimbi (VIDEO)
- OMG! Hot Girls Attract Attention By Twerking Sexily While Washing Car (Video)
- WATCH: Christabel Ekeh Wows Fans As She Uploads Twerking VIDEO In Very SKIMPY Skirt
- Ghanaians Are Hypocrites For Hailing Rashida The Black Beauty – Afia Schwarzenegger Claims, Proving Her Massive Hypocrisy
- Help! Who Can Pull Off My Cloths and Bath Me - Cossy Orjiakor Says She's Dirty & Horny (Video)
- Married Afia Schwarzenegger Goes Topless. AGAIN!
- Married Woman In S*x Scandal
- World's Most Identical Twins Sisters Who Share a Boyfriend Now Set To Marry Him (Photos)
- Prostitute Fights for Her Life After Glass Table She was Having S*x on Broke Leaving Her Badly Cut (PHOTOS)
- Rumoured Tyga And Kylie Jenner S*x Tape Hits The Internet (AGAIN)
- PHOTOS: Kenpong Survives Ghastly Accident Which Mangles His $50,000 BMW
- Here Are The 26 Owusu Bempah Prophecies That Have Got Ghanaians Fuming With Anger
- BUSTED! Adulterous Kenyan Couple Gets Stuck During S*x (VIDEO)
- Supreme Court is Considering Suits Brought Before It to Re-arrest ‘Montie 3’
- Rex Omar Has Just Said Something About Akufo-Addo And It's Not Nice
- Curvy Video Vixen Goes 'N*ked' to Promote Herself on Social Media (Photos)
- 24 Amazing Photos Of Asantehemaa’s Funeral That Show The Rich Ashanti Culture
- LOL! Couple Releases Crazily S*xy Pre-Wedding Pictures
- Lord Paper At It Again! – See N*de PHOTO of Himself and a Girl Lying in Bed
- NPP Drags Mahama To Court For Appointing CHRAJ And NCCE Bosses With Less Than Three Weeks Left In Office
- 11 Quotes From President Nana Akufo-Addo’s Inaugural Speech That Will Make You Believe In Ghana Again
- AFCON 2017: Bootilicious Socialite Flaunts Massive Backside in Support of Ivory Coast (PHOTOS)
- AUDIO: How Martha Amakye Scammed Me Out of 10,000 GHS I Invested Into A Stanbic Bank’s Investment Package - A Victim Tells Her Heartbreaking Story
- VIDEO: Check Out Akrobeto And Funny Face Reading Out The News On UTV
- Gospel Musician, Bro. Sammy Threatened to Kill My Baby After Impregnating Me – UK-Based Ghanaian Singer Alleges
- Katelyn Nicole Davis suicide video is going viral - and cops are powerless to stop it
- ‘I’m Here To F*ck Sh*t Up, Not To Be A Role Model’ – Princess Shyngle Speaks Her Mind And Here Are 5 Photos To Prove Her Point
- Online Trolls Once Dissed This Girl For Dating A ‘Black Beauty’ – But She Continues To Defy Them By Posting Loved Up Pics
- ‘Your Wife Wants To F*ck M3nsa’ – Wanlov Lays Out D-Black’s Dirty Laundry In Diss Track ‘Ah Well’ – LISTEN HERE
- VIDEO: DKB Reacts to Fake “Plastic Cindy Rice” Video Online
- Lordina Mahama Fingered In Corrupt COCOBOD Scheme By Assin Central MP Kennedy Agyepong
- Fetty Wap Sex Tape With Ex-Girlfriend Gets Leaked (Video 18+)
- Daasebre’s Family Claimed I Killed Him for Rituals - Kennedy Agyepong
- 6 Most Evil People To Ever Live On Earth
- OMG! Efya Kisses Kojo Antwi On Stage+ MORE