Agent Oliver Arthur has offered to bear the cost of the maiden Sly Tetteh Legacy Lectures as a token to the late football administrator and agent who inspired him.
CAF president Dr Ahmad and other staunch football administrators on the continent and in the country will converge at the plush Tang Palace in Accra on Friday, 22 January, for the one-day programme.
''He [Sly Tetteh] was a motivation for me and always aspired to reach his heights in the Football Business,'' said Arthur who is agent for Afriyie Acqua (Torino), Richmond Boakye (Red Star Belgrade), Godfred Donsah (Bologna) just to mention a few.
''He was a big brother, a friend and a playmate. Even though, I didn't get the opportunity to work directly with him, his success in the business really gave me the strength to work harder in been the best in what I do.
''His Legacy indeed need to be celebrated, and this is my little contribution to say thanks for the good work you did and the inspiration it gives some of us to want to push to the highest level.''
Alhaji Ibrahim Tetteh, co-founder of Ghana Premier League side Liberty Professionals, died on 3 September 2011 while playing football with friends in Cape Coast.
He was one of the country's finest talent-spotter and sold players like Michael Essien, Asamoah Gyan, Sulley Muntari, Derek Boateng, John Paintsil just to mention a few.
Alhaji had set up academies in Togo and Kenya as he toured the contingent to scout for talents.
The Sly Tetteh Legacy Lectures is being organized by SportsLife, an amalgamated group of stakeholders in Ghana sports, who have expressed gratitude to the Ghana Football Association for their massive support.
Asamoah Gyan's events company Jetlink and Continental Paints are supporting the programme.
For more Ghana football news visit www.ghanasoccernet.com
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- KABA´s days at Techiman Senior High School
- New Music: E.L - Nina (Prod. by E.L)
- I never attended secondary school – Obaapa Christy
- Mother's unique punishment to son goes viral
- KABA’s students recall fond memories of his days as a teacher
- Watch: Wizkid drops music video for ‘Manya’, gives props to VIP
- Students of Parkoso SHS study on bare floor
- Full story: How KABA died!
- Strategy: 5 books that can help you have a happier marriage
- Yvonne Nelson’s baby ‘daddy’ shares new photo
- Lilwin electrifies Kumkum Bhagya stage with crazy dance moves
- ISIS beheads fifteen of its own in Afghanistan infighting
- Insanity: “it is better for a girl to be broken in by her father rather than a stranger,” - father tells daughter after abuse
- Strategy: 9 words and phrases that make you look less smart, less competent, and less accomplished than you really are
- First two-drug HIV treatment regimen gets US FDA approval
- This is how Multimedia Group announced the death of KABA to Staff
- Beyonce in talks with Gareth Bale to sing at wedding
- Russell Simmons accused of assaulting model in New York
- New Juaben: Used-clothing sellers protest relocation exersise
- Riches to Rags: These African players went broke after retirement
- Mugabe’s successor back from exile
- Finance: Bitcoin just hit an all-time high — here's how you buy and sell it
- Ghana, Journalism have lost a great talent – Kufuor
- Charlie Rose committed array of s-xual offenses
- White House personnel investigated for behavior in Asia
- Cristiano Ronaldo given brand new luxury Audi sports car
- Ivanka Trump's Thanksgiving clam mocked in hilarious memes
- Take a look at these 10 Ghanaian footballers as they are in 'FIFA 18'
- Politics: 8 countries took part in Israel's largest-ever air drill — here are the impressive photos
- TROUBLE: Ghanaian Midfielder Amidu Salifu Arrested In Italy With Fake Document
- Samini doesn’t even have money for ‘koko’ – Shatta Wale
- KABA was frustrated, hated at multimedia over good relationship with NDC - DJ Oxy
- RIP: Check out throwback photo of KABA from his secondary school days
- Captain Planet performs ‘Obi Agyi Obi Girl’ at 4Syte TV Music Video Awards
- Ghana can have bullet trains by 2021 – Ghanaian inventor
- RIP: Akufo-Addo expresses shock over KABA's death
- Robert Mugabe resigns
- Black Stars Coach Kwasi Appiah to establish €14.5m solar factory
- Strategy: 9 ways millennials are approaching marriage differently from their parents
- Ibrahimovic, Pogba and Rojo in Man United travelling party
- 2018 will be a difficult year for Ghanaians – Badu Kobi
- I rejected $35,000 to shoot porn – Video director