Home | News | World News | Florida toddler's leg is amputated almost one month after she was badly burned by the contents of a pressure cooker

Florida toddler's leg is amputated almost one month after she was badly burned by the contents of a pressure cooker

  • Samantha Gonzalez's amputation reportedly took place Thursday
  • The 2-year-old girl had earlier been burned by a pressure cooker's contents, according to a GoFundMe page set up for her
  • Several fingers may be amputated as well  

By Zoe Szathmary For Dailymail.com

Published: 01:20 EST, 10 October 2015 | Updated: 01:20 EST, 10 October 2015

View
comments

A Florida toddler's left leg was reportedly amputated this week, almost one month following an incident involving a pressure cooker.

A GoFundMe page set up for 2-year-old Samantha Gonzalez said: 'On Monday, September 14, 2015 she was severely burned in a kitchen accident when the contents of a pressure cooker accidently spilled all over her body while taking a bath in the kitchen sink [sic].

'Since then, she's been fighting for her life.'

Scroll down for video

Recovery: 2-year-old Samantha Gonzalez's left leg was reportedly amputated this week, almost one month following an incident involving a pressure cooker

Recovery: 2-year-old Samantha Gonzalez's left leg was reportedly amputated this week, almost one month following an incident involving a pressure cooker

Wounds: 'She received 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 60% of her body!' a GoFundMe page set up for Samantha said.
Wounds: 'She received 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 60% of her body!' a GoFundMe page set up for Samantha said

Wounds: 'She received 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 60% of her body!' a GoFundMe page set up for Samantha said of the incident. Samantha is seen with her mother Tiana Gonzalez on the right 

Local10 reported on Samantha's Thursday amputation.

According to the television station, the September incident took place while her grandmother used the kitchen appliance to make food.

The woman had been washing her granddaughter, the television station reported.

'[Samantha] received 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 60% of her body!' the GoFundMe page said.

It also indicated that several fingers could be amputated.

Emotions: Speaking to Local 10, her mother Tiana Gonzalez said: 'I guess it was an accident. I felt really, really sad since she's my only baby girl'
Emotions: Speaking to Local 10, her mother Tiana Gonzalez said: 'I guess it was an accident. I felt really, really sad since she's my only baby girl'

Emotions: Speaking to Local 10, her mother Tiana Gonzalez said: 'I guess it was an accident. I felt really, really sad since she's my only baby girl'

The page said that 'her kidneys, liver and pancreas are all failing her.

'She has had several blood transfusions, and currently has to be undergoing dialysis.'

Samantha is a patient at Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital, the GoFundMe page said.

Speaking to Local 10, her mother Tiana Gonzalez said: 'I guess it was an accident.

'I felt really, really sad since she's my only baby girl.'

If you are interested in donating to help pay for Samantha's treatment, visit her GoFundMe page.

Samantha Gonzalez is a patient at Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital 

Samantha Gonzalez is a patient at Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital 

 

Read more:

MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS

MOST READ NEWS

Most Watched Videos

Most Read News

Best Of The Web

 Join The Ghana Social Network

More from World News

ENTERTAINMENT

Recent Comments

Most Popular Posts

USA News

UK News

News - Articles
Ghana Articles News
Go Up!