when are the rainy season in ghana
The climate of Ghana is tropical, but temperatures vary with season and elevation. Except in the north two rainy seasons occur, from April to July and from September to November. In the north the rainy season begins in April and lasts until September. Annual rainfall ranges from about 1,100 mm (about 43 in) in the north to about 2,100 mm (about 83 in) in the southeast. The harmattan, a dry desert wind, blows from the northeast from December to March, lowering the humidity and creating hot days and cool nights in the north. In the south the effects of the harmattan are felt in January. In most areas the highest temperatures occur in March, the lowest in August.
The average annual temperature is about 26oC (about 79oF).
Annual Rainfall: 736.6mm / 29"
Temp January: 27 Sunny skys Feb 28 ---" - March 28 ---" --- April 28 light rains May 27 heavy rains June 26 " July 25 light rains August 24 Scattered showers September 25 " October 26 Sunny skies November 27 ---"--- December 28 Sunny skies (dry)
Weather Accra, Ghana
Weather can't be forecast more than a week or so in advance, but weather averages are good indicators of what to expect any month.
|Month||Average high||Average low||Warmest ever||Coldest ever||Average dew point||Average precipitation|
Latitude: 5 degrees, 36 minutes north Longitude: 0 degrees, 10 minutes east
Tropical and humid;
Whole country: average low: 20,5C (69F), average high 26C (79F).
Accra: average daily temperature is 30C (86F).
The coolest time of year is between June and September when the main rainfall occurs. Variations in temperature both annually and daily are quite small. The minimum teperature is around 23C (73F). warm and comparatively dry along southeast coast; hot and humid in southwest; hot and dry in north
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Abedi Pele attends PFAG dinner meetiing to discuss football matters
- The NBA Will Now Sponsor A Junior Basketball League In Nairobi
- What Is This Lady Wearing?
- Osofo Kyiriabosom agrees to destroy Nana Agradaa’s shrine
- 3 Times Boko Haram Has Been Mentioned In Hollywood Movies
- Ghana produces first batch of Plastic Surgery, Burns nurses
- Uber Kenya Increases Fare Prices After Driver Protests
- Ghanaians share their views on Mahama's comeback in 2020
- Two KNUST students dismissed for their role in UCC clash
- Apostle Suleman VS Stephanie: Why The Truth Matters
- 11 Quotes From Asiedu Nketia That Will Crack You Up
- 11 Things That Happen When You Are Addicted To A TV Series
- Amanda Seyfried threatens legal action over leaked photos
- I’m Lucky To Be Nominated Deputy Reg Minister – Elizabeth Agyemang
- Funeral held for EMT Yadira Arroyo killed by ambulance
- 10 Interesting Facts About Legendary Footballer Joe Kadenge
- This Ghanaian Woman Just Introduced “Sapor” To Americans And They Are Going Crazy Over It
- LOL! Who Or What Are They Selling?
- Father, 57, named as victim of Las Vegas Strip shooting
- Jonathan Mensah returns from ban as Columbus Crew host Portland Timbers
- Brutalised Lagos Woman: Army Detains Six Soldiers
- Florida man 'planned to kill mom on her birthday'
- Lagos IGR Now Higher Than 33 States Put Together
- Ivanka Trump AND Jared Kushner enjoy early morning date
- Mahama was misled – Kwabena Adjei
- GOC Elections: Only 25 Media House Accredited
- Don’t despise ethnic groups - Isaac Osei to Ghanaians
- Federal judge in Hawaii blocks Trump's revised travel ban
- Ghana Amateur Boxing Federation President Quartey Passes On
- Forestry Commission losing fight against deforestation
- Police, Road Safety abandon kids after mother dies in crash
- Kotoko coach Zdravko Lugarusic returns on Monday after short trip to Croatia
- Short dresses attract rape – Otiko cautions school girls
- Healthcare assistant, 29, told she has just days to live
- JFK's diary reveals his deep fascination for Adolf Hitler
- Trump slams Hawaii judge who blocked latest travel ban
- 12 English Words That Do Not Have A Past Tense
- 11 Most Interesting But Obscure Ghanaian Laws You Probably Don’t Know
- Marwako assault: Supervisor’s lawyers request documents from defense
- 22 students arrested after bloody clashes
- Public debt of GH122 billion for end of 2016 could still increase
- Singaporean teen blogger Amos Yee granted asylum in the US