Film and Television
Expectation [Film, 1998]
Love and Politics [Film]
Obra [TV series]
Veteran Actress, Business woman, Musician, Radio and TV Hostess and Politician, Madam Grace Omaboe popularly known as Maame Dokono has resurfaced after a long break from the public eye.
Maame Dokono was spotted over the weekend at the launch of "Aging Musicians Welfare Fund" a MUSIGA initiative at Golden Tulip Hotel in Accra. The 64 year old versatile Entertainer and Humanitarian looked beautiful after some hard political times and long legal battle.
She commended MUSIGA President; Obour for introducing a fund to take care of aging Musicians when she spoke to Peacefmonline.com. Maame Dokono hinted a strong come back into show business and the political scene.
According Maame Dokono her passion to help poor and vulnerable people has always been her motivation to enter politics and though she failed on two attempts, she has not given up politics yet.
Odokono as her friends call her have been on the quiet after spending some quality time and relaxing with her children abroad. She confessed that the political campaign and court routine really drained her health, so she had to go off for some time but she has promised a rather stronger comeback.
Like her or hate her, Grace Omaboe’s contribution to the entertainment industry in Ghana is immeasurable. Everyone has a way of describing and remembering her. Some might recognize her through the Obra group in Akan Drama on GTV (Then GBC TV), by the fire side, old movies and present ones including a talk show “Odo ne asomdwie” on Choice FM and later on the Metro TV. She is also a Human Right Advocate. Call her Ghana’s answer to Oprah Winfrey and you definitely not far from the truth.
Grace Omaboe burst onto the acting stage when she first featured in the well acclaimed Television drama series, “Keteke” on GTV. Playing the role of a Kenkey seller at a Railway Station with David Dontoh as “Ghana man”, she developed into a versatile playwright from there.
At a point when the issues portrayed in “Keteke” outgrew the boundaries of the Railway Station, Maame Dokono moved on to form the “Obra” Theatre group whose “Obra” Series on GTV did tremendously well, focusing on a wider aspect of societal issues than Keteke, which it replaced.
Maame Dokono has also featured in countless Akan and English Ghanaian movies. She has six children- one is a Medical Doctor in the U.S and another also based in the US, two live in Holland and the rest in Ghana.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Chief Imam In London
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Ghana needs professional Police to ensure peace - Mrs Sackey
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Kasena-Nankana West District Assembly to prosecute households without toilet facilities
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary
- Statement Of Appreciation From NPP BA Regional Youth
- TNMA marks Independence Day celebration with grand parade
- Omni, Sahel Sahara banks merger completed