Film and Television
Expectation [Film, 1998]
Love and Politics [Film]
Obra [TV series]
Veteran Actress, Business woman, Musician, Radio and TV Hostess and Politician, Madam Grace Omaboe popularly known as Maame Dokono has resurfaced after a long break from the public eye.
Maame Dokono was spotted over the weekend at the launch of "Aging Musicians Welfare Fund" a MUSIGA initiative at Golden Tulip Hotel in Accra. The 64 year old versatile Entertainer and Humanitarian looked beautiful after some hard political times and long legal battle.
She commended MUSIGA President; Obour for introducing a fund to take care of aging Musicians when she spoke to Peacefmonline.com. Maame Dokono hinted a strong come back into show business and the political scene.
According Maame Dokono her passion to help poor and vulnerable people has always been her motivation to enter politics and though she failed on two attempts, she has not given up politics yet.
Odokono as her friends call her have been on the quiet after spending some quality time and relaxing with her children abroad. She confessed that the political campaign and court routine really drained her health, so she had to go off for some time but she has promised a rather stronger comeback.
Like her or hate her, Grace Omaboe’s contribution to the entertainment industry in Ghana is immeasurable. Everyone has a way of describing and remembering her. Some might recognize her through the Obra group in Akan Drama on GTV (Then GBC TV), by the fire side, old movies and present ones including a talk show “Odo ne asomdwie” on Choice FM and later on the Metro TV. She is also a Human Right Advocate. Call her Ghana’s answer to Oprah Winfrey and you definitely not far from the truth.
Grace Omaboe burst onto the acting stage when she first featured in the well acclaimed Television drama series, “Keteke” on GTV. Playing the role of a Kenkey seller at a Railway Station with David Dontoh as “Ghana man”, she developed into a versatile playwright from there.
At a point when the issues portrayed in “Keteke” outgrew the boundaries of the Railway Station, Maame Dokono moved on to form the “Obra” Theatre group whose “Obra” Series on GTV did tremendously well, focusing on a wider aspect of societal issues than Keteke, which it replaced.
Maame Dokono has also featured in countless Akan and English Ghanaian movies. She has six children- one is a Medical Doctor in the U.S and another also based in the US, two live in Holland and the rest in Ghana.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- No Regrets Serving Nigeria Under Jonathan - Ex VP Sambo
- What Saraki, Dogara Have Done To NASS - Senator Ndume
- South African villagers tap into trend for 'superfood' baobab
- We're Happy Osun Election Was Declared Inconclusive - APC
- See What A Wicked Uncle Did To 11-Year-Old Girl In Lagos
- INEC: Only votes of Osun people will determine next governor
- Suspected iPhone Thief Caught and Disgraced In Oshodi, Lagos
- PDP Rejects Inconclusive Election; INEC Accused of Bias, Fraud
- Ambode Gives N500 Million To 275 CDAs In Lagos (Photos)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Osun Election: Saraki Faults INEC Verdict, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm
- Sacked Lagos Houseboy Mobilizes Soldiers To Beat Up Boss
- LIVESTREAMING: Badwam on Adom TV
- Education: ‘Double track’ teacher applicants to write aptitude test
- Shoddy Work: China-built Cape Coast stadium described as a ‘disaster in waiting’
- Husband Stabs Neighbour Who Tried To Settle Him & His Wife
- Billionaire Tax Debtors: FIRS Recovers Over N12bn
- Oshiomhole’s Former Spokesman Decamps To PDP
- Pregnant Woman, Husband Dies After Eating Poisoned Food... rats also eat the food and die
- Osun Rerun Election: PDP To Join Forces With Omisore, Others
- Senate, House of Reps Will No Longer Resume This Month
- Ambode to Exit APC? Ward Chairmen Have Endorsed Sanwo-Olu
- Three Friends Arrested For Robbery & R*ping A Young Lady
- Miner Barrick buys Randgold to create $18bn gold giant
- We Are The Cathedral God Desires…,
- Vetting Of NDC Aspirants For National Executive Positions Ends
- Parents Should Help Curb Immorality (Marriage)
- I Shall Not Die (4)
- Is It The Final Countdown To #endTB?
- Double-Track System Of Senior High Schools By Ghana Education Service (G.E.S) With Human Resource Management And Human Capital Development Issues: Good For Ghana’s Future Or Bad?
- Omanjor Pupils Take Chairs To School As Others Study On The Floor
- Abura Dunkwa: Police Investigates Killing Of Security Guard
- DTT Deal: Media Foundation For West Africa Urges Communications Ministry To Be Transparent
- Ghana Youngster Thomas Agyepong Happy To Be Playing And Enjoying His Football At Hibernian
- Ghanaian Midfielder Manuel Eli Keke Named Best Player At Icelandic Side Vikingur Olafsvik
- Ghana To Play At 2018 World Chess Olympiad
- Malian scrap dealers flee Abura Dunkwa as irate youth seek revenge
- Tanker drivers strike
- Parliament begins 5-day emergency sitting today
- Emmanuel Lomotey returns from injury to help Villareal beat Ejea
- Ghana's Yiadom registers goal and assist as Reading beat Hull
- Ashgold beat Asante Kotoko in 'Golden Clash' return leg