Emmanuel Samini Aka Batman who hails from Wa in the upper West Region was born in 1981 to Mr G.A Samini and Theresa Nusala.
He had his basic and primary education at Holy Family Basic School and then continued at St Magaraet Mary Sec school, Dansoman for his secondary education.
He has lived in Dansoman since he was 9 years and that was when he realised the singing potential in himself. And now with just 2 years in the Music industry in Ghana he won the admiration of most music critics in Ghana.
With just one album to his credit, the name “Batman” is one of the commonest keyword on the lips of many music fans in Ghana. His songs are sung by almost every Ghanaian regardless of their position in society.
He has featured close to 50 tracks with other musicians (both released and unreleased).Batman has performed outside Ghana in countries like canada, UK, Holland and Italy. He performed with a live band and he has since being rated one of the best young Ghanaian musician. He just hosted the finals of the Nescafe African Revelations in Ghana.
He has a whole “signature tune” to himself “KPOOI”. Asked what the meaning of 'Kpooi' is, Batman says its a gunshot sound and that is his signal. It comes with every composition that he does. The gunshot is meant for all the back bitters. “We kill them dead”. Batman who keeps dread locks says he just wants to portray the African in him.” Before the white man brought a comb, there was dread. Africa has gone through a lot of changes and it has become very difficult for us to portray the real African in us.”, He says.
Recording his tracks, Batman does most of his tracks at Ashanti International Studios i.e. with Nana King and Kwame 'G'. He also works with Roland of Best Brain Digital studios.
His debut album, Linda, was an instant success. It won him two Ghana Music Awards for Hiplife Artist of the Year and New Hiplife Artist of the Year. In 2006, he followed suit with his sophomore album, Samini, which can boast of smash hits like Odo. The self-titled album was to set the stage for his gradual emergence as Samini, an identity that would portray him as an authentic African artist.
On December 22nd, 2006 (his 25th Birthday), Batman officially changed his name to Samini. Today, Samini can pride himself as a consummate musician with several Ghana Music Awards including Best Artiste of 2007, and a Music of Black Origin (MOBO) Award. He also won the 2008 Hiphop World Award for Best African Artist in Nigeria.
He has performed Canada, UK, Holland and Italy, Nigeria. He has shared the stage with artists like shaggy and Ja Rule; and he has collaborated with artists from all over Africa. He has featured close to 50 tracks with other musicians (both released and unreleased).He is the face of MTN in Ghana, and his ringtone/ caller tune can be heard on MTN across Africa.
Some of his hits include Odo, Samini Music, Linda, Gyae shee.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Tech: Elon Musk is lovesick and lonely after Amber Heard breakup, and doesn't know who to date next
- KABA´s days at Techiman Senior High School
- Cristiano Ronaldo secretly calls Messi over Ballon D'Or
- New Music: E.L - Nina (Prod. by E.L)
- Otiko Djaba’s cleavage causes stir in Parliament
- Quiz that’ll help you win every row with your other half
- I never attended secondary school – Obaapa Christy
- DVD market is dead, you’re lucky if you sell 1000 - Shirley Frimpong-Manso
- Catholic priest mediates Mugabe's 'honourable exit'
- Jay Z, Kim Kardashian attend Serena Williams' wedding
- Mother's unique punishment to son goes viral
- KABA’s students recall fond memories of his days as a teacher
- Watch: Wizkid drops music video for ‘Manya’, gives props to VIP
- Green tea supplements warning after teen's organ damage
- Students of Parkoso SHS study on bare floor
- Kwabena Kwabena not my lover – Frema
- Full story: How KABA died!
- Strategy: 5 books that can help you have a happier marriage
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants 7 Ballon d'Ors and 7 children
- I am not a Hearts of Oak supporter- Otumfuo
- Yvonne Nelson’s baby ‘daddy’ shares new photo
- Lilwin electrifies Kumkum Bhagya stage with crazy dance moves
- Comic Relief For The Complex Shatta Wale-Wizkid Math Question And Solution
- ISIS beheads fifteen of its own in Afghanistan infighting
- Insanity: “it is better for a girl to be broken in by her father rather than a stranger,” - father tells daughter after abuse
- Stuttgart 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Aubameyang banned by club
- Mugabe 'falls ASLEEP' in public appearance
- Strategy: 9 words and phrases that make you look less smart, less competent, and less accomplished than you really are
- First two-drug HIV treatment regimen gets US FDA approval
- This is how Multimedia Group announced the death of KABA to Staff
- Beyonce in talks with Gareth Bale to sing at wedding
- Russell Simmons accused of assaulting model in New York
- New Juaben: Used-clothing sellers protest relocation exersise
- Riches to Rags: These African players went broke after retirement
- Mugabe’s successor back from exile
- Al Franken pitched SNL skit about raping Leslie Stahl
- Serena Williams reveals dress after post-wedding party
- Married Ohio rep steps down due to 'inappropriate behavior'
- Finance: Bitcoin just hit an all-time high — here's how you buy and sell it
- Ghana, Journalism have lost a great talent – Kufuor
- Charlie Rose committed array of sexual offenses
- White House personnel investigated for behavior in Asia