* 2 fingers of plantain
* 1-teaspoon ground ginger
* 1-teaspoon ground chilli
* 1-teaspoon ground or grated ginger
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
1. Wash plantain, cut ends and peel
2. Cut peeled plantain in half, lengthwise and slice, about half an inch
3. Marinate with chilli and ginger, and salt to taste.
4. Deep fry in hot oil at 160 C until golden brown
5. Serve hot. Can be served with roasted peanuts and finger food or
black-eye beans stem.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Yields 2-3 servings