Recipe: Vegetable sticks
Craving for some Vegetable Sticks? Let us show you how to make it at home.
- 2 large carrots
- 1 pouch French beans
- A pinch of mixed herbs for seasoning
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
Here’s a video that teaches you how to make Vegetable sticks at home:
- Wash and peel the carrot, cut into two to get similar length as the French beans
- Cut into strips or sticks
- Pluck off/ cut the head and tail ends of the French beans
- Wash both carrot and beans thoroughly
- Put in slightly salted boiling water, for exactly 5 minutes
- Strain of the water and blanch in cold water to maintain colour and crunchiness.
- Add a tablespoon of butter/margarine and allow to melt and mix well on the vegie stick
- Pour into serving bowl, and season with a pinch of mixed herbs.