Recipe: Spicy Cocktail Prawns
Craving for some Spicy Cocktail Prawns This Evening? Let us show you how to make it at home.
- A pack of king prawns
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 medium size egg
- Baking powder
- 1 glove of garlic (grated)
- Powdered chilli pepper
- Black pepper
- Chinese five spice
- Aromat all-purpose seasoning
- Chicken frying coating
- Sunflower oil for deep frying
Here’s a video that teaches you how to make Spicy Cocktail Prawns at home:
- Remove the prawns from the packaging into a bowl
- Sprinkle the lemon juice on the prawns
- Grate the garlic unto the prawns
- Season the prawns with the seasons of choice (Chinese five spice, black pepper, aromat seasoning , chilli powder)
- Pour about a teaspoon of the oil unto the prawns and mix all the seasons in well on the prawns. Allow it to marinade.
- Now crack the egg into a separate bowl, season with the black pepper and the aromat seasoning. Beat well till well mixed.
- Pour about 3 table spoon of the chicken coating into a different bowl, add a bit of baking powder to it and mix well ( baking powder will enable the coating to be very crispy when fried)
- Put the oil on fire for deep frying.
- Now take the prawns one at a time, completely dip in the egg, and then pass them through the chicken coating.
- Put the prawns now into the heated oil and deep fry them.
- Keep turning for even cooking, when its well-cooked (golden brown) take it out of the oil and allow excess oil to drain off in a strainer.
- Arrange neatly on the serving plate, and garnish with a slice of lemon.
- Can be eaten as a starter with pepper sauce, barbeque sauce etc.