Recipe: How To Prepare ‘Sweet Bad’
Craving for some Sweet Bad This Afternoon? Let us show you how to make it at home.
- 3 Tablespoon Plain flour
- 3 Tablespoon Self-rising flour
- 1/3 Fresh milk/ (evaporated milk with water in 1:1 ratio)
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 2 Tablespoon
Here’s a video that teaches you how to make Sweet Bad at home:
- Pour your flour mixture into your mixing bowl.
- Add the nutmeg.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add a tablespoon scoop of margarine.
- Add the sugar.
- Use your finger to mix them together into a sandy texture.
- Crack your egg into a separate bowl and add vanilla essence, and the milk. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl of flour and mix together into a dough, slightly firm, but sticky in nature.
- Heat the oil for deep frying, allowing the oil to be moderately hot.
- With your fingers take small – medium size of the dough, without any particular shape.
- Deep fry, turning them occasionally till golden brown.
- Remove from the hub and allow any excess oil to drain off
- Serve as starters or snack, or with tea.NB if the dough is too sticky, add a bit of the self-rising flour, and if too firm, a bit of the milk.