A Ghanaian asylum seeker accused of raping a German woman while forcing her boyfriend to watch has been branded a danger to society by a psychiatric expert in Bonn, Germany.
The man - only identified as Eric X - is accused of raping a 23-year-old woman after spotting the couple camping in a nature reserve near Bonn, West Germany in April.
Speaking during the trial in a Bonn district court, the psychiatrist who interviewed Eric X, 32, said he completely lacks empathy and is highly likely to re-offend.
The attack took place on April 2, shortly after midnight. The couple were already asleep when Eric X allegedly cut through the tarpaulin, threatened them with a tree saw and ordered them to hand over their valuables - six euros (£5.35) and a music box.
After robbing them he is said to have dragged the 23-year-old woman outside, where he raped her and forced her boyfriend, 26, to watch.
German media have reported that the boyfriend's call to police was initially considered a joke.
The suspect was arrested soon after in nearby Siegburg after a man recognised him from a composite picture of the sex attacker.
Yesterday, psychiatric expert Dr Wolfgang Schwachula testified in court and shared his observations about the failed Ghanaian asylum seeker he examined before the start of the trial and observed throughout the court case.
Dr Schwachula said that Eric X. is fully criminally liable despite a combined personal disorder of emotional instability and narcissism.
According to the psychiatric expert, the Ghanaian migrant is not capable of empathy and abuses others for his purposes.
Dr Schwachula said this makes Eric X 'highly dangerous to society', putting his risk of re-offending at between 40 to 60 per cent.
Eric X., who has appeared in court with both his hands and feet chained due to his extremely aggressive behaviour, has made several accusations against the victim and the prosecution.
When a DNA analyst explained to the court that the saliva sample taken from Eric X. matched with the sperm found in the genital area of the victim, the accused dismissed the evidence.
Eric X. said: 'That cannot be, how does my DNA come to the woman?'
On a separate occasion during the trial, he said out loud in court: 'If the girl claims she has been raped, she must be a prostitute.
'All who help her in the lie are filthy people.'
Lawyer Gudrun Roth, who represents the 23-year-old student, said that it is 'always a slap in the face, if someone who has experienced such a thing is mocked even further.'
Both of the victims, from Stuttgart, south-west Germany are currently undergoing psychological care as according to local media they are still heavily traumatised.
Following his arrest it emerged that the man had been served notice by the German authorities ten days before the attack, informing him he would face deportation to Italy as his asylum application had been rejected.
He arrived in Italy in January and his asylum application was immediately rejected but by then he had made the journey to Kassel in Germany.
The suspect lived for a time in asylum seeker housing accommodation in the town of Sankt Augustin, near Bonn.
But local media have questioned why he was not immediately deported.
Eric X. has been charged with aggravated rape and predatory blackmail.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Tithe Paying is Certainly a Sin
- Simple Ways To Pass US Embassy Interview & Get Your Visa
- Cristiano Ronaldo vs Lionel Messi: The individual awards
- Kumawood Goes Black at One Week Commemoration of Nana Ama McBrown’s ‘Mum’ (PHOTOS)
- Five-year-old 'marries love of her life' before surgery
- Russian powerlifter unveils photos of her physique
- The best exercises and nutrition to tone your tummy
- Top 7 Foods That Will Keep You Looking Younger
- Curiosity: This Babysitter Inserted a 14-month-old Baby into Her V@gina and is Now Admitted to the Hospital
- Female Student Stabbed In The Face By Her Hostel Mate
- Strategy: 10 'bad' habits that are actually signs you're smarter than you think
- Relationships and Sex: The only 3 reasons you should ever get back together with an ex
- How TB Joshua Took Advantage Of Me – Jim Iyke
- Trudy Ewurama — Nurse Fired For Facebook Live Loses All She Owns As Fire Guts Her House
- Woman wins £574,278.41 from £1 football accumulator bet
- Secret passageway found under 1,000-year-old Mayan temple
- Story of A World Cup Winner & Madrid Player Who Ended Up Cleaning Boots
- 11 childhood photos of your favourite stars that will melt your hearts
- Tracy Is 3 Months Pregnant For Rapper Sarkodie
- Neymar enjoys reunion with Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez
- SAD NEWS... Former Black Stars Striker Junior Agogo Suffers Stroke, Struggles To Speak
- WhatsApp finally lets users UNSEND embarrassing messages
- Video: Man Catches Teenager Banging His 13 Year Old Daughter And Beats The S*** Out Of Him
- Watch A Nigerian Lady And Her White Lover Stealing Meat At A Party - Video
- How Strange Sickness Paralysed Pretty Actress Lydia Forson
- 16 pastors who could make a perfect government
- WNBA star Elena Delle Donne marries Amanda Clifton
- Journalists Behind My Arrest - Akua Donkor
- Man Kills Himself Because His Parents Refused Him To Marry His Babymama
- Sad News: This is what killed Soulama Abdoulaye
- Tech: Elon Musk is lovesick and lonely after Amber Heard breakup, and doesn't know who to date next
- My Rent Is Due In February But I Don’t Have Money To Pay — Bukom Banku
- Black Stars: Prophet Mensah Otabil accuses Samuel Inkoom of using Juju to destroy teammates
- Nivea Could Not Deal With Your “Nkurasesem” That Is Why They Pulled Down The Billboard And Replaced It — Diamond Appiah
- Video: Bastie Samie knocks out Bukom Banku
- Watch Video: Obinim burns ladies panties, brassieres as direction from God
- New Music: Deon Boakye & KinG Prinz – Babiaa Awu
- Toddlers joined at skull are separated after surgery
- Three men that are richer than half the US population
- Videos: Ghanaian Actress Strips Down in Tiny Thong
- Tips for Pregnant Women & Women Seeking to Get Pregnant
- OAU Female Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades