The Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) is calling for a total halt of any kind of s-xually related social activity in the country.
The GTA says it will invoke the Tourism Act 2011, Act 817, that established it to, among other things, investigate and take measures to eliminate illegal, dishonorable, unsound and improper activities in relation to any activity regulated under the Act.
“The Authority wishes to remind all stakeholders and the public that it will not hesitate to invoke the relevant sections of its establishment Act on Advertisement and Promotion to bring all illegal acts and any perpetrator to book.”
This comes in the wake of the increasing spate of advertising of s-x parties and other s-x-related activities by tourism establishments including hotels, nightclubs, movie houses, and pubs.
Last weekend, the Authority together with the Ghana Police Service and the National Security stormed the premises of the Potomac Hotel in Gbawe, Accra to stop the organization of an advertised s-x party.
A statement issued by the Authority on Monday says it “will continue to work with the Police Service and other Security Agencies to close down and prosecute tourism enterprises and event organizers involved in these acts that cast a slur on the image of Ghana”.
“The Authority will stop at nothing to sanitize the industry towards promotion and marketing Ghana as a safe and sustainable tourism destination.”
The Ghana Tourism Anthority has called for the support of Ghanaians in order to make Ghana a leading tourism destination in West Africa.
Source: Eugene Osafo-Nkansah
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Here are the capitals of the newly created regions
- Ahmed Suale Came To My House Jittering—Nyantakyi
- National Folklore Board Signs Contract To Protect Folklore
- "It's a joy to see my two sons playing for Bayern and Barcelona"- KP Boateng' father
- 'I condemn Nana B for slapping Sammy Gyamfi' - Failed NPP Youth Organizer
- You Have Surprised Me, Ex-President Mahama!
- Menaye shades Asamoah Gyan with photo of Muntari and son plus 'DNA' caption
- Date For 2019 BECE Revised
- Manasseh Azure Awuni exposes corrupt female appointee at Jubilee House
- Police Administration reshuffles senior officers
- Why There Will Not Be Another Biafra
- This is how angry man punished rat for chewing his phone charger
- Step mum who left boy’s hand to rot after cutting it sentenced
- Asamoah Gyan is a disgrace; must be ashamed of himself now – Ghanaians
- FLASHBACK: I'll die for NAM 1 because of his money - Willi Roi
- VIDEO: Anokye Supremo’s body finally arrives in Ghana
- Shatta Wale and Andy Dosty go on a twitter war - both threaten each other for digging their own graves
- I did not justify 'bloody widow' placards – Sam George sets record straight
- Takoradi: Audio Tape Exposes Arrested Kidnapper
- The Oracle Played A Game Of Chess In Dagbon With The Rise Of Naa Abubakari Mahama (Naa Gariba II)
- Hear Ye the Truth, the Family of the Late Tiger Eye PI Journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- 3 reasons why a first degree is not valued in Ghana anymore
- Nkoranza NPP youth defect to NDC over Techiman capital
- Huge Crowd At Agyarko’s Funeral
- Bawumia Attends World Economic Forum
- Police Make Headway In Anas Boy’s Murder
- Concerned Police Officer Writes To The President
- Asabke Breaks Down In Court, Afoko Expresses Outrage
- LIVE UPDATES: Ghana vs Mali (U-20 AFCON)
- FLASHBACK: Jesus' second coming may never happen – Willi Roi
- I exchanged phones with Okyeame Kwame for a week – wife reveals
- Ahead Of 2020 Elections: NPP Activist Dares Mahama To Put His Family At The Battlefront
- GES Directive For WR School Heads
- Chantelle Asante rocks her baby bump on Instagram!
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Dies In Car Crash Few Days To Her Wedding
- Public Workers To Enjoy Digitised Payments From July
- Significance of Nana Addo’s yellow smock at Yaa-Naa’s investiture explained
- Volta Region Erupts For John Mahama
- Kotoko Shops For Holding Midfielder
- Ghana Post MD, New Board Members Meet Asantehene Otumfuo
- Corporal Punishment: Compliance On Ban Needs More Than ‘Threat’ Of Sanction
- Body of football player Emliano Sala found in plane wreckage