The Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) is calling for a total halt of any kind of s-xually related social activity in the country.
The GTA says it will invoke the Tourism Act 2011, Act 817, that established it to, among other things, investigate and take measures to eliminate illegal, dishonorable, unsound and improper activities in relation to any activity regulated under the Act.
“The Authority wishes to remind all stakeholders and the public that it will not hesitate to invoke the relevant sections of its establishment Act on Advertisement and Promotion to bring all illegal acts and any perpetrator to book.”
This comes in the wake of the increasing spate of advertising of s-x parties and other s-x-related activities by tourism establishments including hotels, nightclubs, movie houses, and pubs.
Last weekend, the Authority together with the Ghana Police Service and the National Security stormed the premises of the Potomac Hotel in Gbawe, Accra to stop the organization of an advertised s-x party.
A statement issued by the Authority on Monday says it “will continue to work with the Police Service and other Security Agencies to close down and prosecute tourism enterprises and event organizers involved in these acts that cast a slur on the image of Ghana”.
“The Authority will stop at nothing to sanitize the industry towards promotion and marketing Ghana as a safe and sustainable tourism destination.”
The Ghana Tourism Anthority has called for the support of Ghanaians in order to make Ghana a leading tourism destination in West Africa.
Source: Eugene Osafo-Nkansah
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Jenna Jameson just revealed she's lost a total of 80 pounds on the keto diet
- How Florian Munteanu cut weight for 'Creed II'
- How to prepare egg salad
- Strategy: Amazon's 8-million-square foot HQ2 site in Long Island City will use land previously designated for affordable housing
- Lifestyle: 11 sneaky 'Harry Potter' references you may have missed in 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald'
- Tech: Google replaces Diane Greene as head of its cloud business (GOOGL)
- Sports: Syracuse had a rough night and their loss to UConn wasn't even the most embarrassing part
- Thirty-seven dead after C.Africa clashes: UN
- Salah snatches winner as Egypt edge Tunisia in Cup of Nations
- Ghanaian Among LinkedIn's 2018 Top Voices In Philanthropy And Global Development
- Barclays Partners Invest In Africa
- NCCE Decries Negative Attitudes Towards Sanitation
- Dagbon Receives Roadmap For Peace
- US gives Chad boats, trucks for fight against jihadists
- Ten police injured, 30 people arrested at Algerian top-flight match
- Film tribute to French photographer killed in C. Africa
- Nigerian court cuts jail terms for ex-state governors
- Zverev books spot in semis at ATP Finals
- Former 'Black Queens' Players Lead 2018 TOTAL AWCON Trophy Tour In Accra
- Asante Kotoko Policy Analyst Counts Benefits Of Soccerex Exhibition
- Kenya Loses CAS Appeal Over Women's Nations Cup Exclusion
- AWCON 2018: We won’t repeat past mistakes – Cameroon coach
- 'It will be an honour to qualify for France 2019 - Algeria coach
- Nestle calls for more youth leadership
- Women's AFCON: Queens are ready to re-write history by winning this tournament - Hayford
- Goldfields pay $16 million to government
- We are ready for Black Queens – Algeria skipper
- Over 90% of banking fraud comes from employees - BOG
- Ablekuma North NADMO sensitizes churches
- Israeli investors commended for investing outside Accra
- The Events Centre: Gbawe’s iconic face
- New regions debate: Minority walks out of Parliament
- Maintain neutrality at all times - President tells Police Service
- Lifestyle: We've seen the villain in 'Fantastic Beasts' before — here's everything you need to know about him for future movies
- Lifestyle: Your mom’s dating history can impact your own love life, for better or worse
- Lifestyle: 20 of the best Thanksgiving movies of all time, according to critics
- Tech: Leaked photos show Google could be working on a budget Pixel 3 with a headphone jack that costs $400 — and it could have the same amazing camera (GOOG, GOOGL)
- Lifestyle: 12 car brands that have the worst customer experience
- Lifestyle: White Dunkin' Donuts franchisee calls the cops on black woman for using the store's free Wi-Fi without ordering anything
- Lifestyle: The most successful GoFundMe campaigns of all time
- Lifestyle: This 140-day cruise for the '1% of the 1%' visits all 7 continents — here's a look inside the ship, where suites cost up to $240,000 per person
- Lifestyle: A new photo of Princess Eugenie's reception dress shows that it was designed to show off her back scar