A decision by the Asokore Mampong Municipal Assembly in the Ashanti Region to use some of its money given to it by the District Assemblies Common Fund (DACF) for developmental projects to buy pump action guns, has irked the anger of the Auditor-General.
Part VI, Section 11 of the Financial Memoranda enjoins an officer responsible for a head of expenditure to vouch for payment by ensuring that expenditures in respect of services are included in the approved, supplementary or reallocated estimates.
Additionally, Part XII, Section 64 requires an Assembly to maintain a Register of Assets that it owns or leases.
But the Auditor-General does not understand why monies meant for developmental projects could be misapplied to procure guns for personal use by the Member of Parliament for Asawase, Mohammed Mubarak-Muntaka and the former Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) of the area, Mr. Nurudeen Hamidan.
A report of the Auditor-General on the Management and Utilization of District Assemblies’ Common Fund and other Statutory Funds for the year ended December 31, 2015, sighted by Kasapafmonline.com states the Asokore Mampong Municipal Assembly procured two pump action guns valued at GH₵9,100.00 from the main DACF and MP’s DACF accounts for the personal use and protection of the MCE and the honorable MP for Asawase constituency.
What is more worrying, the report noted, was the fact that the two pump action guns were registered in the names of Hon. Mubarak-Muntaka and Mr. Hamidan.
The Auditor-General concerned about this mishap has therefore directed the Assembly to immediately take steps to register the two pump action guns in the name in the name of the Assembly since they are now assets of the Assembly.
“In the absence of effective documentation, the guns might go missing without detection. We recommend that the weapons should be properly documented to establish ownership to the Assembly in compliance with the laws and also management should operate within budgets in order not to throw its budget into disarray,” the report noted.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Here are the capitals of the newly created regions
- Ahmed Suale Came To My House Jittering—Nyantakyi
- National Folklore Board Signs Contract To Protect Folklore
- "It's a joy to see my two sons playing for Bayern and Barcelona"- KP Boateng' father
- 'I condemn Nana B for slapping Sammy Gyamfi' - Failed NPP Youth Organizer
- You Have Surprised Me, Ex-President Mahama!
- Menaye shades Asamoah Gyan with photo of Muntari and son plus 'DNA' caption
- Date For 2019 BECE Revised
- Manasseh Azure Awuni exposes corrupt female appointee at Jubilee House
- Police Administration reshuffles senior officers
- Why There Will Not Be Another Biafra
- This is how angry man punished rat for chewing his phone charger
- Step mum who left boy’s hand to rot after cutting it sentenced
- Asamoah Gyan is a disgrace; must be ashamed of himself now – Ghanaians
- FLASHBACK: I'll die for NAM 1 because of his money - Willi Roi
- VIDEO: Anokye Supremo’s body finally arrives in Ghana
- Shatta Wale and Andy Dosty go on a twitter war - both threaten each other for digging their own graves
- I did not justify 'bloody widow' placards – Sam George sets record straight
- Takoradi: Audio Tape Exposes Arrested Kidnapper
- The Oracle Played A Game Of Chess In Dagbon With The Rise Of Naa Abubakari Mahama (Naa Gariba II)
- Hear Ye the Truth, the Family of the Late Tiger Eye PI Journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- 3 reasons why a first degree is not valued in Ghana anymore
- Nkoranza NPP youth defect to NDC over Techiman capital
- Huge Crowd At Agyarko’s Funeral
- Bawumia Attends World Economic Forum
- Police Make Headway In Anas Boy’s Murder
- Concerned Police Officer Writes To The President
- Asabke Breaks Down In Court, Afoko Expresses Outrage
- LIVE UPDATES: Ghana vs Mali (U-20 AFCON)
- FLASHBACK: Jesus' second coming may never happen – Willi Roi
- I exchanged phones with Okyeame Kwame for a week – wife reveals
- Ahead Of 2020 Elections: NPP Activist Dares Mahama To Put His Family At The Battlefront
- GES Directive For WR School Heads
- Chantelle Asante rocks her baby bump on Instagram!
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Dies In Car Crash Few Days To Her Wedding
- Public Workers To Enjoy Digitised Payments From July
- Significance of Nana Addo’s yellow smock at Yaa-Naa’s investiture explained
- Volta Region Erupts For John Mahama
- Kotoko Shops For Holding Midfielder
- Ghana Post MD, New Board Members Meet Asantehene Otumfuo
- Corporal Punishment: Compliance On Ban Needs More Than ‘Threat’ Of Sanction
- Body of football player Emliano Sala found in plane wreckage