New Patriotic Party (NPP) Boys and Girls have launched a scathing attack at the former Minister of Trade and Industry, Dr Ekwow Spio-Garbrah, following what they described as “unguided and unfortunate statement” made by the latter against the Akufo-Addo-led administration over the operation of the Komenda Sugar Factory in the Central Region.
A strong-worded statement on Saturday, November 17, 2017, by the NPP group, coped to Today, noted that the NPP Boys and Girls through their competence have put the necessary measures in place to the start full-scale operations of the Komenda Sugar Factory for commercial purposes.
That achievement, according to the statement, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Team B failed completely to achieve under Dr Spio-Garbrah’s supervision as the substantive Trade and Industry Minister at the time.
The statement, which was signed by the President of the pro- NPP pressure group, Concerned Voters Movement (CVM), Mr Razak Kojo Opoku, on behalf of the NPP Boys and Girls, stressed that the Team B Men and Women of NDC could not produce a single cube of sugar at the Komenda Sugar Factory during the eight-year regime of the Mahama-led administration. “In fact, the Komenda Sugar Factory under the Team B Trade and Industry Minister, Dr Ekwow Spio-Garbrah, was just like a hencoop without birds.
“Even a commercialized ignorant person will never inaugurate a company on May 30, 2016, and shut it down on June 24, 2016, under the pretense of routine maintenance,” the statement stated. It went on to assert that “Spio-Garbrah, honestly, we don’t know how to describe the level of your failed leadership.
Why must you mislead former President John Dramani Mahama to inaugurate the Komenda Sugar Factory and shut it down less than one month after its inauguration?” It asked that how come from June 24, 2016, to January 6, 2017, Dr Spio-Garbrah could not finish his routine maintenance at the Komenda Sugar Factory?
To this end, the pro-NPP group charged Dr Spio-Garbrah to tell Ghanaians how much money was spent on the failed routine maintenance at the Komenda Sugar Factory. “Indeed the late former President, Prof John Evans Fiifi Atta Mills, was right in his decision for not appointing Dr Spio-Garbrah to serve in his government.
You should be grateful to your former President John Dramani Mahama who gave you the opportunity to serve in his government,” it said. The statement opined that the NDC delegates even doubt Dr Spio-Garbrah competence to lead them as their presidential candidate. That is why “you are always struggling to even garner 5% of the NDC delegates votes.”
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Tech: Elon Musk is lovesick and lonely after Amber Heard breakup, and doesn't know who to date next
- Secret passageway found under 1,000-year-old Mayan temple
- The rise and rise of China's 'groundscraper' hotel
- KABA´s days at Techiman Senior High School
- Military Coup: Robert Mugabe UNDER SIEGE
- Cristiano Ronaldo secretly calls Messi over Ballon D'Or
- Hilarious online gallery compiles worst car modifications
- New Music: E.L - Nina (Prod. by E.L)
- Celebrity Breakup: Ekow Smith and I were not compatible - Nikki Samonas
- Otiko Djaba’s cleavage causes stir in Parliament
- Quiz that’ll help you win every row with your other half
- I never attended secondary school – Obaapa Christy
- Doomsday warning to humanity signed by 15,000 scientists
- Mercy Johnson & Husband Shares Workout Photos
- DVD market is dead, you’re lucky if you sell 1000 - Shirley Frimpong-Manso
- 8 Major Things To Happen In 2018 Predicted
- Catholic priest mediates Mugabe's 'honourable exit'
- Jay Z, Kim Kardashian attend Serena Williams' wedding
- Mother's unique punishment to son goes viral
- FBI are investigating the judge that jailed Meek Mill
- KABA’s students recall fond memories of his days as a teacher
- Chelsea Clinton wears ladylike dress to Glamour event
- Watch: Wizkid drops music video for ‘Manya’, gives props to VIP
- Lifestyle: 5 adorable Ghanaian celebrity couples we hope never, ever break up
- Green tea supplements warning after teen's organ damage
- Students of Parkoso SHS study on bare floor
- Kwabena Kwabena not my lover – Frema
- Full story: How KABA died!
- Strategy: 5 books that can help you have a happier marriage
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants 7 Ballon d'Ors and 7 children
- Tech: A 20-year-old YouTube star just bought a $6.9 million mansion — take a look inside
- Video: Afia Schwarzenegger kisses Y FM’s presenter at DJ Mensah's All-White party
- Strategy: 9 ways to seem more attractive to everyone you meet
- Mugabe Agrees To Step Down, Negotiates For Wife To Leave
- I am not a Hearts of Oak supporter- Otumfuo
- Hollywood blockbusters are subtly fuelling sexism
- Yvonne Nelson’s baby ‘daddy’ shares new photo
- Sandra Achums Welcomes Baby Boy In Germany (Photos)
- Tiwa Savage beats Yemi Alade, wins best female West African act at AFRIMA
- Lilwin electrifies Kumkum Bhagya stage with crazy dance moves
- Comic Relief For The Complex Shatta Wale-Wizkid Math Question And Solution
- ISIS beheads fifteen of its own in Afghanistan infighting