New Patriotic Party (NPP) Boys and Girls have launched a scathing attack at the former Minister of Trade and Industry, Dr Ekwow Spio-Garbrah, following what they described as “unguided and unfortunate statement” made by the latter against the Akufo-Addo-led administration over the operation of the Komenda Sugar Factory in the Central Region.
A strong-worded statement on Saturday, November 17, 2017, by the NPP group, coped to Today, noted that the NPP Boys and Girls through their competence have put the necessary measures in place to the start full-scale operations of the Komenda Sugar Factory for commercial purposes.
That achievement, according to the statement, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Team B failed completely to achieve under Dr Spio-Garbrah’s supervision as the substantive Trade and Industry Minister at the time.
The statement, which was signed by the President of the pro- NPP pressure group, Concerned Voters Movement (CVM), Mr Razak Kojo Opoku, on behalf of the NPP Boys and Girls, stressed that the Team B Men and Women of NDC could not produce a single cube of sugar at the Komenda Sugar Factory during the eight-year regime of the Mahama-led administration. “In fact, the Komenda Sugar Factory under the Team B Trade and Industry Minister, Dr Ekwow Spio-Garbrah, was just like a hencoop without birds.
“Even a commercialized ignorant person will never inaugurate a company on May 30, 2016, and shut it down on June 24, 2016, under the pretense of routine maintenance,” the statement stated. It went on to assert that “Spio-Garbrah, honestly, we don’t know how to describe the level of your failed leadership.
Why must you mislead former President John Dramani Mahama to inaugurate the Komenda Sugar Factory and shut it down less than one month after its inauguration?” It asked that how come from June 24, 2016, to January 6, 2017, Dr Spio-Garbrah could not finish his routine maintenance at the Komenda Sugar Factory?
To this end, the pro-NPP group charged Dr Spio-Garbrah to tell Ghanaians how much money was spent on the failed routine maintenance at the Komenda Sugar Factory. “Indeed the late former President, Prof John Evans Fiifi Atta Mills, was right in his decision for not appointing Dr Spio-Garbrah to serve in his government.
You should be grateful to your former President John Dramani Mahama who gave you the opportunity to serve in his government,” it said. The statement opined that the NDC delegates even doubt Dr Spio-Garbrah competence to lead them as their presidential candidate. That is why “you are always struggling to even garner 5% of the NDC delegates votes.”
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- BREAKING: CBN Revokes Skye Bank’s License
- Two Men Fight Over Who'll Sit At Front Seat Of A Bus In Lagos
- How People React To Adebayo Shittu Skipping NYSC
- Why PDP Lost In 2015 But Will Win In 2019 – Kwankwaso
- Lifestyle: This Taiwanese tea is so popular in London that it's only sold twice a day and is limited to 1 per person
- Strategy: The surprising story of how the former president of Mexico helped make Coca-Cola such a huge part of Mexican life that it's used in religious ceremonies and as medicine
- BoG liquidity support breached banking regulations - Ace Ankomah
- Hardworking staffs of Dalex Finance rewarded with a trip abroad
- Rehabilitation of Ghana's railways to 'create 750 jobs', says Minister
- 112 new Engineers inducted into Ghana Institution of Engineering
- Tech: Gamers from across the eSports industry are paying tribute to the victims of the Madden shooting in Jacksonville
- Kenya reject chance to host 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations after Ghana axing
- Ghana stripped of hosting rights for 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations
- Dogboe dares fellow champions to a showdown
- Akufo-Addo to construct 20 TVET schools across Ghana
- Yacouba hits brace as Kotoko beat Hearts in friendly
- ECOWAS Brown Card training intensifies; reaches National Bureau Secretariat
- Politics: Police have identified the suspect in the deadly shooting in Jacksonville — here's what we know about him
- Bawumia lauds Isaac Dogboe; says he is great
- Politics: The White House was going to issue a statement praising John McCain — until Trump reportedly nixed it
- Deadly Kidnappers Kill Businessman, Abduct His Girlfriend
- "PDP Presidential Ticket Shouldn’t Be For A Man With Big Pocket"
- Bridge Linking Gombe, Adamawa, Borno Gets Completely Cut Off
- Leave Us Alone, We're Not Answerable To You - Wike government in "fraud" battle with EFCC
- Here Are Essentials That Students Need as They Prepare to Return to School
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Olubadan Celebrates 90th Birthday, Ibadan Obas Absent (Photos)
- PDP Challenges Buhari To Debate On Good Governance
- Win Or Bust For Goal-shy Sundowns In CAF Champions League
- Over 400 Former Beige Bank Staff Sacked
- Lakeside Business Centre Backs Stronger National Banks
- Ace Ankomah Shreds Menzgold
- ECOWAS Brown Card Training Intensifies; Reaches National Bureau Secretariat
- Rehabilitation Of Ghana's Railways To 'Create 750 Jobs'
- 112 New Engineers Inducted Into Ghana Institution Of Engineering
- Newspaper Headlines: Monday, August 27, 2018
- Kofi Adams, Why Won’t Discerning Ghanaians Panic Over Mahama’s Comeback?
- Re- Okoampah’s Insults On Kufuor, Agyarko
- Freight forwarders strike over Cargo Tracking Notes
- CAF seeking new hosts for 2018 AWCON after dumping Ghana
- Waasland-Beveren star Nana Ampomah fires in brace in win at Genk
- Ghana to miss out of 2019 Women's World Cup, AWCON axing affects Black Queens