New Patriotic Party (NPP) Boys and Girls have launched a scathing attack at the former Minister of Trade and Industry, Dr Ekwow Spio-Garbrah, following what they described as “unguided and unfortunate statement” made by the latter against the Akufo-Addo-led administration over the operation of the Komenda Sugar Factory in the Central Region.
A strong-worded statement on Saturday, November 17, 2017, by the NPP group, coped to Today, noted that the NPP Boys and Girls through their competence have put the necessary measures in place to the start full-scale operations of the Komenda Sugar Factory for commercial purposes.
That achievement, according to the statement, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Team B failed completely to achieve under Dr Spio-Garbrah’s supervision as the substantive Trade and Industry Minister at the time.
The statement, which was signed by the President of the pro- NPP pressure group, Concerned Voters Movement (CVM), Mr Razak Kojo Opoku, on behalf of the NPP Boys and Girls, stressed that the Team B Men and Women of NDC could not produce a single cube of sugar at the Komenda Sugar Factory during the eight-year regime of the Mahama-led administration. “In fact, the Komenda Sugar Factory under the Team B Trade and Industry Minister, Dr Ekwow Spio-Garbrah, was just like a hencoop without birds.
“Even a commercialized ignorant person will never inaugurate a company on May 30, 2016, and shut it down on June 24, 2016, under the pretense of routine maintenance,” the statement stated. It went on to assert that “Spio-Garbrah, honestly, we don’t know how to describe the level of your failed leadership.
Why must you mislead former President John Dramani Mahama to inaugurate the Komenda Sugar Factory and shut it down less than one month after its inauguration?” It asked that how come from June 24, 2016, to January 6, 2017, Dr Spio-Garbrah could not finish his routine maintenance at the Komenda Sugar Factory?
To this end, the pro-NPP group charged Dr Spio-Garbrah to tell Ghanaians how much money was spent on the failed routine maintenance at the Komenda Sugar Factory. “Indeed the late former President, Prof John Evans Fiifi Atta Mills, was right in his decision for not appointing Dr Spio-Garbrah to serve in his government.
You should be grateful to your former President John Dramani Mahama who gave you the opportunity to serve in his government,” it said. The statement opined that the NDC delegates even doubt Dr Spio-Garbrah competence to lead them as their presidential candidate. That is why “you are always struggling to even garner 5% of the NDC delegates votes.”
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Tech: Facebook just launched a standalone video app called Lasso and it's basically the exact same thing as TikTok (FB)
- Tech: California's devastating wildfires are part of an alarming trend — here's why they've gotten so much worse
- Tech: Amazon and Microsoft are fighting for a $10 billion Pentagon contract — and HQ2 in Virginia could be Jeff Bezos' boss move (AMZN, MSFT)
- Driver who killed WASS student on Adenta highway arrested
- I never said Mahama led corrupt regime – Rawlings
- Boateng made me mature - Mellissa Satta
- Ghana defender Daniel Opare makes Sergio Ramos confession
- Kwesi Appiah has 'lost it' after Benjamin Tetteh snub - Dreams FC administrative chief
- Ghana police congratulate themselves on handling of Adentan riots
- Blame Adenta accidents on ‘decade of neglect’ - Nana Addo
- Otabil’s Central University reportedly on the verge of collapse
- You’ll die! - Ras Mubarak goes mad on Tamale radio, curses host
- Renovation on Accra, Cape Coast Stadiums: Don't rush in doing a shoddy work - Alex Agyekum
- NAPO is being dictatorial, he must engage trainee teachers – NDC MP
- Madina-Adentan road death ‘an unnecessary loss’ – Nana Addo
- Tech: Apple announces hardware issues with its iPhone X and 13-inch MacBook Pro
- Politics: The US and Japan finished their 'largest and most complex' military exercise, amid rising tensions with China
- Tech: CEO Jeff Lawson says Twilio is committing $1M to homelessness programs after Prop C passed: 'Let's get it done' (TWLO)
- Politics: While he was Jeff Sessions' top aide, Matthew Whitaker reportedly advised Trump on how he could force the DOJ to cave to his demands
- Tech: Malibu is in flames as two wildfires spread through southern California — here's what it looks like on the ground
- Strategy: Photos show the rise and fall of Black Friday
- Anas’ Number 12 video fake – Nyaho-Tamakloe
- Kotoko to face Cameroonian FA Cup champions in Confederation Cup preliminary round
- NPP gov’t didn’t prioritize completion of Adenta footbridges – Inusah Fuseini
- 'We would give Hearts of Oak a good fight' - Willie Klutse
- Finance Ministry to write off $141milion GRIDCo debt
- Hansa Rostock continues to sweat over fitness of injury-prone Phil Ofosu- Ayeh
- ‘No national service, no employment’ – Napo warns trainee teachers
- Demonstration looms on Tema motorway over deadly potholes
- Oshiomhole Battle: Buhari, Tinubu, Others Meet To Decide
- Woman R*ped By Notorious Boys In Presence Of Boyfriend
- VP Osinbajo Replies House Of Reps
- 12 Illegally Imported Exotic Cars Seized By Customs
- Six Reasons Why Oshiomhole Is In Trouble
- Son Of Ex-governor Chime Set To Wed, Releases Pre-Wedding Photos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Free Train Rides From Aladja-Warri To Itakpe-Abuja
- Dino Melaye and Senator Adeleke All Smiles In The Senate
- Some Give Testimony in Church After Asking Babies from Devil – Mike Bamiloye
- Libyan players set for Italy summit in fresh bid to solve crisis
- GOIL, GLICO, Teachers Fund in race for new flag-carrier
- Government secures US$250m agricultural machinery