New Patriotic Party (NPP) Boys and Girls have launched a scathing attack at the former Minister of Trade and Industry, Dr Ekwow Spio-Garbrah, following what they described as “unguided and unfortunate statement” made by the latter against the Akufo-Addo-led administration over the operation of the Komenda Sugar Factory in the Central Region.
A strong-worded statement on Saturday, November 17, 2017, by the NPP group, coped to Today, noted that the NPP Boys and Girls through their competence have put the necessary measures in place to the start full-scale operations of the Komenda Sugar Factory for commercial purposes.
That achievement, according to the statement, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Team B failed completely to achieve under Dr Spio-Garbrah’s supervision as the substantive Trade and Industry Minister at the time.
The statement, which was signed by the President of the pro- NPP pressure group, Concerned Voters Movement (CVM), Mr Razak Kojo Opoku, on behalf of the NPP Boys and Girls, stressed that the Team B Men and Women of NDC could not produce a single cube of sugar at the Komenda Sugar Factory during the eight-year regime of the Mahama-led administration. “In fact, the Komenda Sugar Factory under the Team B Trade and Industry Minister, Dr Ekwow Spio-Garbrah, was just like a hencoop without birds.
“Even a commercialized ignorant person will never inaugurate a company on May 30, 2016, and shut it down on June 24, 2016, under the pretense of routine maintenance,” the statement stated. It went on to assert that “Spio-Garbrah, honestly, we don’t know how to describe the level of your failed leadership.
Why must you mislead former President John Dramani Mahama to inaugurate the Komenda Sugar Factory and shut it down less than one month after its inauguration?” It asked that how come from June 24, 2016, to January 6, 2017, Dr Spio-Garbrah could not finish his routine maintenance at the Komenda Sugar Factory?
To this end, the pro-NPP group charged Dr Spio-Garbrah to tell Ghanaians how much money was spent on the failed routine maintenance at the Komenda Sugar Factory. “Indeed the late former President, Prof John Evans Fiifi Atta Mills, was right in his decision for not appointing Dr Spio-Garbrah to serve in his government.
You should be grateful to your former President John Dramani Mahama who gave you the opportunity to serve in his government,” it said. The statement opined that the NDC delegates even doubt Dr Spio-Garbrah competence to lead them as their presidential candidate. That is why “you are always struggling to even garner 5% of the NDC delegates votes.”
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- What To Do If You're A Child of God & You Feel Stuck In Life
- Posters naming DRC's Kabila as candidate appear in capital
- US rejects calls for UN support to Sahel force
- What Has Happened To The Precious Dignity Of A Woman?
- New Music: Keeny Ice - Barcode
- Zylofon Cash Premier League: Kotoko coast past Elmina Sharks
- New Music: Strongman - Monster feat. B4Bonah (Prod. by TubhaniMuzik)
- Zylofon Cash Premier League: Results and scorers on match day 13
- Politics: Trump is reportedly considering a plan to slap tariffs on imported cars
- Amnesty highlights sex-for-food claims in Boko Haram-hit NE Nigeria
- Putin, leader of war-torn C.Africa want better ties
- New Music: Strique Phame - So Me Mu (Prod. by Jerry K)
- StreetBeatz: Sarkodie's "Adonai" producer claims he's a good singer
- Christian Council and Catholic Bishops stand against homosexuality
- Majority Leader refutes perception that executive is controlling parliament
- Minority not involved in $89m Kelni GVG deal – Haruna Iddrisu
- Akufo-Addo action on Anas video a diversionary tactic
- Ghana legend Rev Osei Kofi threatens massive ‘demo’ against protecting 'corrupt' FA officials
- Tarkwa-Nsuaem NPP Secretary accuses MCE of assault
- Poisoned ex-spy's daughter says wants to return to Russia 'in future'
- Marine Drive Investment Project gathers steam
- BoG raises concern at rising NPLs
- Ghana’s foreign reserves hit new high
- I rejected a GHC 45000 bribe from Zoomlion boss – Abronye alleges
- Akufo-Addo’s bad governance making Mahama an angel – Bawa
- Guy Smarts: Sleeping in on the weekends could help you live longer
- Christian Council and GCBC express concern over church abuses
- LGS signs Agreement to improve agriculture in Northern Ghana
- Akufo-Addo action on Anas video a diversionary tactic - General Mosquito
- Rev Osei Kofi threatens massive ‘demo’ against protecting 'corrupt' FA officials
- Meet Airport Cleaner Who Returned $6,000 She Found In Toilet
- Notorious Robber Begs For His Life After Being Caught In Delta
- E-Money's 10 Luxury Vehicles Impounded Over N6M Import Duty
- Things You Should Know About Travelling Abroad
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Successful Operation Vanguard Activities Lead To Over 1,000 Arrests
- Ghanaians Should Appreciate Research Value For Quality Healthcare Delivery
- Journalism And Professionalism- Where Does Ghana Stand?
- Finance Minister To Chair World Bank/IMF Development Committee
- “Restructuring The Electricity Sector”
- Betrayal Is Always A Bad Thing!
- Debt-Burdened Malaysia, Autocracy, Corruption And The Future Of Bangladesh