Paris Saint-Germain chairman and CEO Nasser Al-Khelaifi has admitted that he is “disappointed” after the French capital outfit were soundly beaten 3-1 by Bayern Munich in their Champions League group-stage finale on Tuesday.
The Ligue 1 leaders still finished top of Group B but speaking with BeIn Sports France after the final whistle at Allianz Arena, Al-Khelaifi was left with a sense of dissatisfaction.
“It is true that we did not play during the first half,” said Al-Khelaifi. “We were not on the pitch. It is also true that I am disappointed by the result and the low quality of our performance — especially during the first 45 minutes.
“We were better in the second half but it was not enough to win or even get a draw.
“We really have a great team, some top players and our objective here was to win. We lost 3-1 and I hope that this defeat will ultimately help us in the Champions League because it is very important to us.”
Al-Khelaifi does not feel that all is lost, though, and hopes that a 2-1 loss away at Strasbourg in Ligue 1 coupled with the Bayern defeat will rouse coach Unai Emery and his players.
“If we wake up now, it is not too late,” the PSG boss said. “We finished first in the group but our aim was not to lose 3-1 to Bayern.
“I am very optimistic looking ahead. For me, we did not give everything we possibly could to win this match.”
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- BREAKING: CBN Revokes Skye Bank’s License
- Two Men Fight Over Who'll Sit At Front Seat Of A Bus In Lagos
- How People React To Adebayo Shittu Skipping NYSC
- Why PDP Lost In 2015 But Will Win In 2019 – Kwankwaso
- Notorious Car Snatcher Arrested During Failed Operation
- Man Surprises Wife With New Car On Their Wedding Day (Photos)
- Power-Drunk Lagos DPO Leads Team To Raid Mosque, Others... 'we paid N30,000 for bail'
- Wicked Couple Killed Their Pregnant Housemaid Over Money
- 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men's Suit
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NGO Cite MOFA Staff In Fertilizer Smuggling
- 20% Of Ghana’s Budget Lost Through Corruption Annually
- Collapse Of Sovereign Bank: BOST Board Chairman Resigns
- Green Corporate Star Award Launched To Promote Leadership In Green Business
- 'Among Them, He Stands Tall' - 94 MPs Reaffirm Support For Mahama
- Coalition Against Galamsey Demands Clarity On Roadmap To Lift Small-Scale Mining Ban
- Teachers Licensing Exams Immaterial Now
- UAE Will Create Businesses Opportunities For Ghanaian Enterprises - Ambassador
- Spio-Garbrah Outlines 'Pillars' To Strengthen NDC, Return Party To Power
- Panic Withdrawals Hit Some Savings And Loans Companies
- Hearts of Oak-Asante Kotoko Permitted To Use Guest Players In 'Double Super Clash' Friendlies
- Asamoah Gyan Is Still My Captain - Kwesi Appiah
- Fixtures: Preview of the top 5 matches in Europe this weekend
- Ranking: Did you know Aubameyang is the fastest Arsenal player?
- Ibrahim Tanko: Black Stars assistant coach explains absence of Gyan and Ayew brothers
- Politics: Justin Trudeau says he is continuing to 'engage diplomatically' with Saudi Arabia but remains 'concerned' over the impending execution of a Saudi activist
- These Samira Bawumia’s BEAUTIFUL Hajj photos WITHOUT make-up stuns the internet
- You look like 43yr old born 5- Kumawood’s 19 yr old Maame Serwaa trolled
- General Mosquito ‘begging’ for my contact- Atinka TV Di-Asa Finalist reveals
- [Cartoon] Ba-Ba-Ba-Bagbin, apologise or else!
- Archipalago to beat any Ghanaian lady who marries a Nigerian after Becca’s
- Robbery Suspects In Army Uniform Escape From Police Custody
- Fatal Accident On Lokoja Highway, 3 Persons Burnt To Death
- Big Ship Heading To Nigeria With Illegal Ammunitions Held In SA
- You Will Return To Your Village In 2019 - PDP Replies Buhari
- Ajimobi Meets Yinka Ayefele Over Demolition Of His Building
- We're Doing Our Best, I Know Nigerians Are Happy - Buhari
- Zimbabwe court to rule on bid to annul election result
- AUDIO: Asamoah Gyan Is Likely To Retire After AFCON 2019 - Anim Addo
- FOUR Key Points That Distinguished Isaac Cofie's Fantastic Debut With Sporting Gijon
- Ghana-target Derrick Luckassen set to join German side Hertha BSC
- Deputy Attorney General Joseph Kpemka explains new decision on GFA