Paris Saint-Germain chairman and CEO Nasser Al-Khelaifi has admitted that he is “disappointed” after the French capital outfit were soundly beaten 3-1 by Bayern Munich in their Champions League group-stage finale on Tuesday.
The Ligue 1 leaders still finished top of Group B but speaking with BeIn Sports France after the final whistle at Allianz Arena, Al-Khelaifi was left with a sense of dissatisfaction.
“It is true that we did not play during the first half,” said Al-Khelaifi. “We were not on the pitch. It is also true that I am disappointed by the result and the low quality of our performance — especially during the first 45 minutes.
“We were better in the second half but it was not enough to win or even get a draw.
“We really have a great team, some top players and our objective here was to win. We lost 3-1 and I hope that this defeat will ultimately help us in the Champions League because it is very important to us.”
Al-Khelaifi does not feel that all is lost, though, and hopes that a 2-1 loss away at Strasbourg in Ligue 1 coupled with the Bayern defeat will rouse coach Unai Emery and his players.
“If we wake up now, it is not too late,” the PSG boss said. “We finished first in the group but our aim was not to lose 3-1 to Bayern.
“I am very optimistic looking ahead. For me, we did not give everything we possibly could to win this match.”
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- What To Do If You're A Child of God & You Feel Stuck In Life
- Australia’s China Syndrome
- Macron backs Rwandan candidate for Francophonie group
- Arrest And Prosecute Foreigners Operating Banker-To-Banker-GNCLBBLOA Urges NLA, Police
- BREAKING NEWS: GFA Boss Kwesi Nyantakyi Granted Bail
- Lawyer Kweku Eyiah Named As Interim GFA Boss
- Posters naming DRC's Kabila as candidate appear in capital
- Nyantakyi’s Case ‘Will Be Very Bloody’
- MATCH REPORT: Berekum Chelsea 2-1 Medeama
- Match Report: Karela United 2-1 Aduana Stars
- Match Report: Asante Kotoko 2-0 Elmina Sharks
- Match Report: Dreams FC 1-0 Eleven Wonders
- MATCH REPORT: Ebusua Dwarfs 2-0 Ashgold
- Liquid Sports Ghana Releases Long List For 3rd Edition Of Awards
- Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Napoli Manager Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Tech: A submarine has discovered the 310-year-old 'holy grail' of shipwrecks, and it may carry $17 billion in treasure
- Strategy: We compared Meghan Markle's and Kate Middleton's fashion choices — and the winner is clear
- US rejects calls for UN support to Sahel force
- What Has Happened To The Precious Dignity Of A Woman?
- Dr Bernice Heloo salutes Deputy Special Prosecutor
- Majority Leader refutes perception that executive is controlling parliament
- We overlooked local players for technical reasons - Kwasi Appiah
- ZCPL results: Leaders suffer defeat as Kotoko cruise to comfortable victory
- Ghana to spend 1.22 billion dollars on national ID cards – NIA reveals
- Trending GH: Ghanaians commend Akufo-Addo for ordering arrest of Nyantakyi
- Nakpaa Naa family sad but accepts court ruling on Bimbilla skin
- Asantehene calls for increased investments in public universities
- Supreme Court delivers verdict in Bimbilla chieftaincy dispute
- MTN ‘4G Taking Over Promo’: Samuel Obeng Amoako wins two-bedroom house
- Cocoa Buyers Association fights back attempts by Joy News to air documentary
- Amewu initiates peace between feuding mining firms
- Jinapor is incompetent, ignorant and inexperienced - Lawyer
- NCCE completes ARAP at Gushegu
- Ethiopian wins 2018 Africa’s outstanding food Services award
- Improved RTI bill to be laid before parliament next week – Haruna Iddrisu
- New Music: Keeny Ice - Barcode
- Zylofon Cash Premier League: Kotoko coast past Elmina Sharks
- New Music: Strongman - Monster feat. B4Bonah (Prod. by TubhaniMuzik)
- Zylofon Cash Premier League: Results and scorers on match day 13
- Politics: Trump is reportedly considering a plan to slap tariffs on imported cars
- Christian Council and GCBC express concern over church abuses
- Panellists call for establishment of Media Fund