Paris Saint-Germain chairman and CEO Nasser Al-Khelaifi has admitted that he is “disappointed” after the French capital outfit were soundly beaten 3-1 by Bayern Munich in their Champions League group-stage finale on Tuesday.
The Ligue 1 leaders still finished top of Group B but speaking with BeIn Sports France after the final whistle at Allianz Arena, Al-Khelaifi was left with a sense of dissatisfaction.
“It is true that we did not play during the first half,” said Al-Khelaifi. “We were not on the pitch. It is also true that I am disappointed by the result and the low quality of our performance — especially during the first 45 minutes.
“We were better in the second half but it was not enough to win or even get a draw.
“We really have a great team, some top players and our objective here was to win. We lost 3-1 and I hope that this defeat will ultimately help us in the Champions League because it is very important to us.”
Al-Khelaifi does not feel that all is lost, though, and hopes that a 2-1 loss away at Strasbourg in Ligue 1 coupled with the Bayern defeat will rouse coach Unai Emery and his players.
“If we wake up now, it is not too late,” the PSG boss said. “We finished first in the group but our aim was not to lose 3-1 to Bayern.
“I am very optimistic looking ahead. For me, we did not give everything we possibly could to win this match.”
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Rubber Bullets Were Used On Adentan Protesters--Police
- "Fix Our Streetlights"
- KNUST Primary Teachers Back Their Counterparts To Strike
- Kenpong; A Treasure Worth Celebrating - Charles Taylor
- Go Back To School--Minister Charges Striking Teachers Of Colleges Of Education
- Doctors Surgically Remove Toy Stuck In Boy's Throat (Pics)
- Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts for Fear of Buhari?
- Story Of Lady Who Fell From The Sky After Getting Sucked Out Of A Plane (Photos)
- Angola bets on largest-ever offshore oil investment
- Fighting wars and disease, smartphones on the frontlines
- Libya warlord casts shadow over Italy's bid to solve crisis
- Africa Investment Forum Exceeds Expectations
- 3 civilians killed in attack on UN contractor in Mali
- Chiefs Want Schools Under Trees Replaced
- Media Coalition Accuses MPs Of Being Disinterested In RTI
- Upper West residents welcome Wa UDS autonomy announcement
- GRA arrests four persons for diverting Free Zone Enclave goods
- Ghana servicing interest on debt with its internal revenue
- AAU reiterates commitment to attainment of AU’s vision 2063
- Professor Yankah calls for harmonisation of African universities
- Moshake advises NDC to ‘cure administrative ignorance’
- Parents urged to protect the interest of their children
- 4 amazing health benefits of salmon
- Politics: Trump has reportedly decided to fire Homeland Security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen — and it could come as soon as this week
- Lifestyle: Police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, are responding to reports of a shooting
- Tinunu's Wealth Questionable? EFCC Boss Asks Journalist To Write Petition
- Obasanjo Speaks: Govs Against LG Autonomy Are Enemies Of Nigerians
- Millionaire Chief Bademosi's "Killer" Arraigned, Sent To Prison
- Hoodlums vandalise 18 vehicles, rob traders openly in Lagos
- Nigerian Prince Who Scammed People In US Appears In Court, Begs To Go Home (Photos)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Nana Addo Deceiving Ghanaians With Incorruptible Clean Appointees Claim--NDC
- 'We Do Not Invite Players Base On Public Influence' - Richard Kingson Slams Critics
- LIVESTREAMING: Badwam on Adom TV
- Ghana needs GH¢3.3 billion to fund Free SHS fully – Prof Aryeetey
- Decision to make UDS-Wa campus autonomous sign of good leadership - Group
- We will regulate artisanal mining - Mahama
- 4 signs your relationship won’t see 2019
- Lifestyle: Man who ran down 6 pedestrians with a car in Australia has been found guilty of murder
- 5 ways to make your clothes smell good
- Strategy: Amazon reportedly plans to set up 2 different locations for its HQ2 — in New York and Virginia (AMZN)
- Buhari Shocks Presidency Staff: "Haven’t You Watched Videos Of Ganduje Stuffing Dollars Under His Agbada"