Sports News of Thursday, 7 December 2017
Hearts of Oak assistant coach Henry Wellington has expressed concerns about the attitude of players with regards to the team’s pre-season training.
According to the Wellington, only four first-team players have been training at the Legon Ajax park.
The Phobians went on a six-week holiday, a day after the MTN FA CUP finals, and reconvened on Monday to begin preparations for the new season.
Wellington has been leading the session in the absence of head coach Frank Nuttal, who is on holidays in his native country, Scotland, and expected in Ghana this weekend.
‘’So far just four players report for pre-season training. When they come they just jog and then go home”. Wellington said on Asempa FM.
‘’It worries me that the players have refused to report for training because the same thing happened and it affected us negatively.’’
Reports suggested that players were refusing to show up due to unpaid salaries but Wellington confirmed the players were paid before pre-season commenced.
Hearts are scheduled to battle Kotoko in the return encounter of the Ghana at 60 Cup on the 24th December 2017 at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- What To Do If You're A Child of God & You Feel Stuck In Life
- Australia’s China Syndrome
- Macron backs Rwandan candidate for Francophonie group
- BREAKING NEWS: GFA Boss Kwesi Nyantakyi Granted Bail
- Lawyer Kweku Eyiah Named As Interim GFA Boss
- Posters naming DRC's Kabila as candidate appear in capital
- Nyantakyi’s Case ‘Will Be Very Bloody’
- MATCH REPORT: Berekum Chelsea 2-1 Medeama
- Match Report: Karela United 2-1 Aduana Stars
- Match Report: Asante Kotoko 2-0 Elmina Sharks
- Match Report: Dreams FC 1-0 Eleven Wonders
- MATCH REPORT: Ebusua Dwarfs 2-0 Ashgold
- Liquid Sports Ghana Releases Long List For 3rd Edition Of Awards
- Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Napoli Manager Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Tech: A submarine has discovered the 310-year-old 'holy grail' of shipwrecks, and it may carry $17 billion in treasure
- Strategy: We compared Meghan Markle's and Kate Middleton's fashion choices — and the winner is clear
- US rejects calls for UN support to Sahel force
- What Has Happened To The Precious Dignity Of A Woman?
- Dr Bernice Heloo salutes Deputy Special Prosecutor
- Majority Leader refutes perception that executive is controlling parliament
- We overlooked local players for technical reasons - Kwasi Appiah
- ZCPL results: Leaders suffer defeat as Kotoko cruise to comfortable victory
- Ghana to spend 1.22 billion dollars on national ID cards – NIA reveals
- Trending GH: Ghanaians commend Akufo-Addo for ordering arrest of Nyantakyi
- Nakpaa Naa family sad but accepts court ruling on Bimbilla skin
- Asantehene calls for increased investments in public universities
- Supreme Court delivers verdict in Bimbilla chieftaincy dispute
- MTN ‘4G Taking Over Promo’: Samuel Obeng Amoako wins two-bedroom house
- Cocoa Buyers Association fights back attempts by Joy News to air documentary
- Amewu initiates peace between feuding mining firms
- Jinapor is incompetent, ignorant and inexperienced - Lawyer
- NCCE completes ARAP at Gushegu
- New Music: Keeny Ice - Barcode
- Zylofon Cash Premier League: Kotoko coast past Elmina Sharks
- New Music: Strongman - Monster feat. B4Bonah (Prod. by TubhaniMuzik)
- Zylofon Cash Premier League: Results and scorers on match day 13
- Politics: Trump is reportedly considering a plan to slap tariffs on imported cars
- Christian Council and GCBC express concern over church abuses
- Panellists call for establishment of Media Fund
- LGS signs Agreement to improve agriculture in Northern Ghana
- Christian Council and Catholic Bishops stand against homosexuality
- Science and mathematics teachers schooled in modern methods of teachings