Sports News of Thursday, 7 December 2017
Hearts of Oak assistant coach Henry Wellington has expressed concerns about the attitude of players with regards to the team’s pre-season training.
According to the Wellington, only four first-team players have been training at the Legon Ajax park.
The Phobians went on a six-week holiday, a day after the MTN FA CUP finals, and reconvened on Monday to begin preparations for the new season.
Wellington has been leading the session in the absence of head coach Frank Nuttal, who is on holidays in his native country, Scotland, and expected in Ghana this weekend.
‘’So far just four players report for pre-season training. When they come they just jog and then go home”. Wellington said on Asempa FM.
‘’It worries me that the players have refused to report for training because the same thing happened and it affected us negatively.’’
Reports suggested that players were refusing to show up due to unpaid salaries but Wellington confirmed the players were paid before pre-season commenced.
Hearts are scheduled to battle Kotoko in the return encounter of the Ghana at 60 Cup on the 24th December 2017 at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Rubber Bullets Were Used On Adentan Protesters--Police
- "Fix Our Streetlights"
- KNUST Primary Teachers Back Their Counterparts To Strike
- Kenpong; A Treasure Worth Celebrating - Charles Taylor
- Go Back To School--Minister Charges Striking Teachers Of Colleges Of Education
- Teshie-Aglizaa Road Will Be Fixed--MP Okoe Boye Assures
- Nana Addo Has No Interest In Oti Region Creation
- Tema Port Expansion Project: Cranes Set To Sail To Ghana
- Analysis: Why Ghana Needs A National Airline
- Former Olympics football gold medalists Cameroon among minnows
- Politics: Acting attorney general Matthew Whitaker will consult with DOJ ethics officials about whether he should recuse himself from the Russia probe
- Doctors Surgically Remove Toy Stuck In Boy's Throat (Pics)
- Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts for Fear of Buhari?
- Story Of Lady Who Fell From The Sky After Getting Sucked Out Of A Plane (Photos)
- Angola bets on largest-ever offshore oil investment
- Fighting wars and disease, smartphones on the frontlines
- Libya warlord casts shadow over Italy's bid to solve crisis
- Africa Investment Forum Exceeds Expectations
- 3 civilians killed in attack on UN contractor in Mali
- Chiefs Want Schools Under Trees Replaced
- Media Coalition Accuses MPs Of Being Disinterested In RTI
- Upper West residents welcome Wa UDS autonomy announcement
- GRA arrests four persons for diverting Free Zone Enclave goods
- Ghana servicing interest on debt with its internal revenue
- AAU reiterates commitment to attainment of AU’s vision 2063
- Professor Yankah calls for harmonisation of African universities
- Moshake advises NDC to ‘cure administrative ignorance’
- Parents urged to protect the interest of their children
- New price for sachet water rejected by sellers
- Huudu Yahaya not stepping down from chairmanship race - Campaign team
- Ghana Rugby: Herbert Mensah praises Interplast and other sponsors
- My office ‘almost hopeless’ to fight corruption – Martin Amidu laments
- CBG: GHC1.4 billion interbank investments locked up
- Compaines should align CSR to government’s policies - Business Dev’t Minister
- AFCON 2019 Qualifier: No replacement for Kwadwo Asamoah in Ghana squad for Ethiopia clash
- Ghana Free Zones Authority condemns diversion of goods by Comet Ghana Limited
- Asante Kotoko to exhibit at 2018 Soccerex USA in Miami
- 4 amazing health benefits of salmon
- Politics: Trump has reportedly decided to fire Homeland Security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen — and it could come as soon as this week
- Lifestyle: Police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, are responding to reports of a shooting
- Tinunu's Wealth Questionable? EFCC Boss Asks Journalist To Write Petition
- Obasanjo Speaks: Govs Against LG Autonomy Are Enemies Of Nigerians