General News of Thursday, 7 December 2017
The Federation of Muslim Councils (FMC) says it is in no doubt, that homos-xuality and same-s-x marriage remain an abominable subject (haram).
It is, therefore, calling on Parliament to enact a law to make it an offence punishable by law in Ghana, whether practised publicly or privately.
The FMC noted that even though currently there is no law against the act, the practice of homos-xuality is “filthy, indecent, immoral and unhealthy in the minds of respectable Ghanaians and well-mannered children of God.”
The call was made by Executives of the FMC last Friday, when the National Chief Imam, Sheikh Usman Nuhu Sharubutu paid a courtesy call on the National Coordinator of FMC, Abdullah S. Williams in Accra.
In a statement signed by the General Secretary, Muhammad Kpakpo Addo, the FMC emphasized it is solidly behind an earlier call by the National Chief Imam on all moral-minded Ghanaians, faith-based organisations and political parties to support and sustain the crusade to wean our society off all morally abominable practices.
It reminded Ghanaians that homos-xuality, same-s-x marriage and transgender activities are an affront to God and history is replete with how God destroyed similar way-ward societies in the past such as the infamous Sodom and Gomorrah community in ancient times.
It warned that, the Qur’an cites the story of the “people of Lot” (Qur’an Chapter 26 verses 160-174) and how they were destroyed by the wrath of God, because they indulged in lustful unnatural carnal acts among men.
According to FMC, homos-xuality is opposed to God’s plan and can lead to an extinction of humanity.
It pointed out that Allah in his wisdom created not Adam and Hussein but Adam and Hawa to reproduce, procreate and fill the earth and, therefore anything that opposes Allah’s order stands the risk of attracting His wrath and annihilation.
The FMC charged Ghanaian Muslims to be vigilant against any pressures, overt or covert, to coerce them into condoning homos-xuality or same-s-x marriage, and be guided by Allah’s dictum in Qur’an Chapter 3 verse 110 thus:
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- What To Do If You're A Child of God & You Feel Stuck In Life
- Australia’s China Syndrome
- Macron backs Rwandan candidate for Francophonie group
- Arrest And Prosecute Foreigners Operating Banker-To-Banker-GNCLBBLOA Urges NLA, Police
- Corruption's Large Shadow
- BREAKING NEWS: GFA Boss Kwesi Nyantakyi Granted Bail
- Lawyer Kweku Eyiah Named As Interim GFA Boss
- Posters naming DRC's Kabila as candidate appear in capital
- Nyantakyi’s Case ‘Will Be Very Bloody’
- MATCH REPORT: Berekum Chelsea 2-1 Medeama
- Match Report: Karela United 2-1 Aduana Stars
- Match Report: Asante Kotoko 2-0 Elmina Sharks
- Match Report: Dreams FC 1-0 Eleven Wonders
- MATCH REPORT: Ebusua Dwarfs 2-0 Ashgold
- Liquid Sports Ghana Releases Long List For 3rd Edition Of Awards
- Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Napoli Manager Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Tech: A submarine has discovered the 310-year-old 'holy grail' of shipwrecks, and it may carry $17 billion in treasure
- Strategy: We compared Meghan Markle's and Kate Middleton's fashion choices — and the winner is clear
- US rejects calls for UN support to Sahel force
- What Has Happened To The Precious Dignity Of A Woman?
- Dr Bernice Heloo salutes Deputy Special Prosecutor
- Majority Leader refutes perception that executive is controlling parliament
- We overlooked local players for technical reasons - Kwasi Appiah
- ZCPL results: Leaders suffer defeat as Kotoko cruise to comfortable victory
- Ghana to spend 1.22 billion dollars on national ID cards – NIA reveals
- Trending GH: Ghanaians commend Akufo-Addo for ordering arrest of Nyantakyi
- Nakpaa Naa family sad but accepts court ruling on Bimbilla skin
- Asantehene calls for increased investments in public universities
- Supreme Court delivers verdict in Bimbilla chieftaincy dispute
- MTN ‘4G Taking Over Promo’: Samuel Obeng Amoako wins two-bedroom house
- Cocoa Buyers Association fights back attempts by Joy News to air documentary
- Amewu initiates peace between feuding mining firms
- Jinapor is incompetent, ignorant and inexperienced - Lawyer
- NCCE completes ARAP at Gushegu
- Ethiopian wins 2018 Africa’s outstanding food Services award
- Improved RTI bill to be laid before parliament next week – Haruna Iddrisu
- New Music: Keeny Ice - Barcode
- Zylofon Cash Premier League: Kotoko coast past Elmina Sharks
- New Music: Strongman - Monster feat. B4Bonah (Prod. by TubhaniMuzik)
- Zylofon Cash Premier League: Results and scorers on match day 13
- Politics: Trump is reportedly considering a plan to slap tariffs on imported cars
- Christian Council and GCBC express concern over church abuses