General News of Thursday, 7 December 2017
The Federation of Muslim Councils (FMC) says it is in no doubt, that homos-xuality and same-s-x marriage remain an abominable subject (haram).
It is, therefore, calling on Parliament to enact a law to make it an offence punishable by law in Ghana, whether practised publicly or privately.
The FMC noted that even though currently there is no law against the act, the practice of homos-xuality is “filthy, indecent, immoral and unhealthy in the minds of respectable Ghanaians and well-mannered children of God.”
The call was made by Executives of the FMC last Friday, when the National Chief Imam, Sheikh Usman Nuhu Sharubutu paid a courtesy call on the National Coordinator of FMC, Abdullah S. Williams in Accra.
In a statement signed by the General Secretary, Muhammad Kpakpo Addo, the FMC emphasized it is solidly behind an earlier call by the National Chief Imam on all moral-minded Ghanaians, faith-based organisations and political parties to support and sustain the crusade to wean our society off all morally abominable practices.
It reminded Ghanaians that homos-xuality, same-s-x marriage and transgender activities are an affront to God and history is replete with how God destroyed similar way-ward societies in the past such as the infamous Sodom and Gomorrah community in ancient times.
It warned that, the Qur’an cites the story of the “people of Lot” (Qur’an Chapter 26 verses 160-174) and how they were destroyed by the wrath of God, because they indulged in lustful unnatural carnal acts among men.
According to FMC, homos-xuality is opposed to God’s plan and can lead to an extinction of humanity.
It pointed out that Allah in his wisdom created not Adam and Hussein but Adam and Hawa to reproduce, procreate and fill the earth and, therefore anything that opposes Allah’s order stands the risk of attracting His wrath and annihilation.
The FMC charged Ghanaian Muslims to be vigilant against any pressures, overt or covert, to coerce them into condoning homos-xuality or same-s-x marriage, and be guided by Allah’s dictum in Qur’an Chapter 3 verse 110 thus:
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Rubber Bullets Were Used On Adentan Protesters--Police
- "Fix Our Streetlights"
- KNUST Primary Teachers Back Their Counterparts To Strike
- Kenpong; A Treasure Worth Celebrating - Charles Taylor
- Go Back To School--Minister Charges Striking Teachers Of Colleges Of Education
- Teshie-Aglizaa Road Will Be Fixed--MP Okoe Boye Assures
- Nana Addo Has No Interest In Oti Region Creation
- Tema Port Expansion Project: Cranes Set To Sail To Ghana
- Analysis: Why Ghana Needs A National Airline
- Doctors Surgically Remove Toy Stuck In Boy's Throat (Pics)
- Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts for Fear of Buhari?
- Story Of Lady Who Fell From The Sky After Getting Sucked Out Of A Plane (Photos)
- Angola bets on largest-ever offshore oil investment
- Fighting wars and disease, smartphones on the frontlines
- Libya warlord casts shadow over Italy's bid to solve crisis
- Africa Investment Forum Exceeds Expectations
- 3 civilians killed in attack on UN contractor in Mali
- Chiefs Want Schools Under Trees Replaced
- Media Coalition Accuses MPs Of Being Disinterested In RTI
- Upper West residents welcome Wa UDS autonomy announcement
- GRA arrests four persons for diverting Free Zone Enclave goods
- Ghana servicing interest on debt with its internal revenue
- AAU reiterates commitment to attainment of AU’s vision 2063
- Professor Yankah calls for harmonisation of African universities
- Moshake advises NDC to ‘cure administrative ignorance’
- Parents urged to protect the interest of their children
- New price for sachet water rejected by sellers
- Huudu Yahaya not stepping down from chairmanship race - Campaign team
- Ghana Rugby: Herbert Mensah praises Interplast and other sponsors
- My office ‘almost hopeless’ to fight corruption – Martin Amidu laments
- 4 amazing health benefits of salmon
- Politics: Trump has reportedly decided to fire Homeland Security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen — and it could come as soon as this week
- Lifestyle: Police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, are responding to reports of a shooting
- Tinunu's Wealth Questionable? EFCC Boss Asks Journalist To Write Petition
- Obasanjo Speaks: Govs Against LG Autonomy Are Enemies Of Nigerians
- Millionaire Chief Bademosi's "Killer" Arraigned, Sent To Prison
- Hoodlums vandalise 18 vehicles, rob traders openly in Lagos
- Nigerian Prince Who Scammed People In US Appears In Court, Begs To Go Home (Photos)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Nana Addo Deceiving Ghanaians With Incorruptible Clean Appointees Claim--NDC
- 'We Do Not Invite Players Base On Public Influence' - Richard Kingson Slams Critics
- LIVESTREAMING: Badwam on Adom TV