General News of Friday, 8 December 2017
Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh, Education Minister
A Deputy General Secretary of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Koku Anyidoho is suggesting for the Education Minister, Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh, to be whipped for the ‘’failure’’ in the implementation of the free senior high school.
Speaking to Kwame Tutu on Frontline on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm he said, Napo as he is affectionately referred to, must be arrested and whipped for failure of free SHS. The Free SHS programme was launched by President Akufo-Addo on September 12 at the premises of the West Africa Senior High School in Adenta, Accra.
In this flagship programme, the government of Ghana foots all bills including feeding fees, tuition fees and any other accompanying charges.
Since its launch, there have been reports of various challenges facing the programme, including reports of infrastructural and feeding problems, due to the high number of nearly 400,000 students that enrolled.
Government has however pledged to manage the challenges. President Akufo-Addo has insisted that the policy will not fail as predicted by some doomsayers.
Commenting on what he termed as a failure, Koku Anyidoho said ‘’we hear it on the news every day the challenges facing the policy but when we talk; Napo with his usual arrogance, will insult people because he is a royal in Kumasi. If he is a royal in Kumasi, he is not a royal on all Ghanaians.’’
He further slammed the Minister for making a comment that students should use black polythene when they want to ease themselves at the meet the press organized a week ago. In his view, if this is a serious government, Napo should have been sacked.
He also admonished parents who have lost their wards in some of the schools including KUMACA to go and hang their deceased wards at the Education Ministry.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- What To Do If You're A Child of God & You Feel Stuck In Life
- Prestea Methodist Junior High School JHS Girl Hangs Herself
- KMA Ready To Deal With Encroachers – Kumasi Mayor
- Drug dealer jailed 10 years in Tarkwa
- NGO organises training for leaders in five communities
- Kelni GVG Technology Breaches Consumer Data, Privacy?
- Here Are Some Classic Anasisms
- Pekan Enclave East Legon Residents Seeking To Beef Up Security
- Akufo-Addo Should Come Clean On Corruption Against Government
- Opinion: Why Ghana’s Telco Revenue Assurance Isn’t Working
- Franklin Cudjoe's Life Is In Danger Over Crusade On GVG Deal
- Kwesi Nyantakyi Not Guilty Yet
- NDC MP Charges Nana Addo To Stay Off Investigation Against Nyantakyi
- Stay Away From Akua Blakofe For Resigning Amidst Massive Corruption Under NPP—Student Warns Gabby
- Madagascar ruling party says 'open to' talks to end crisis
- Tony Lokko Hails Medeama Coach Samuel Boadu
- Timothy Fosu-Mensah Thankful To Crystal Palace After Loan Spell
- Rafael Essel Mensah Part Ways With Ebusua Dwarfs
- Rawlings Pays Tribute To Coach E.K Afranie
- Chewing Palm-Kernels While Suffering From Tooth-Ache (2)
- Inbound PR: The New PR
- Harnessing Traditional Medicine Practice In Ghana •The Role Of CPMR
- Ghana’s Parliamentarians have cramps in their heads…
- Halitosis, How To Manage Bad Breath
- God’s Word You Have
- Most Wanted Bogoso Robber Gunned Down In Accra
- Police Set To Train Investigators
- Turkmenistan police inspect toilets for use of president's newspaper photos as toilet paper
- Tullow Gives Hope To 2018 BECE Candidates
- Tamale MCE ‘arrests’ under-aged children for unlawful roaming at night
- Police to train investigators to minimize failed prosecutions
- Old Vandals donate to Pantang Mental Hospital
- Unilever Ghana Ltd wins Manufacturing Company of the Year Award
- ‘To God be the glory’ – Songo responds to Nyantakyi investigations
- LIVE UPDATES: Real Madrid vs Liverpool (Champions League Final)
- Four-year presidential term not enough – Dr. Lawrence Tetteh
- $89.4m Kelni GVG deal: Independent enquiry needed – Baako
- Tech: Marketing expert charges African investors leverage on the benefits of digital strategy
- Strategy: Sachet water companies in Ghana with dangerous substances
- Strategy: Africa's efficiency in agriculture now worse than colonial era
- Of Ghana’s Sporting Heroes And Villains: The Silent Musing Of Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- NPP Urges African Leaders To Emulate Akufo-Addo’s Anti-corruption Strategy