Business News of Monday, 18 December 2017
MTN says agents would be scrutinised and well observed to ensure the safety of customers
Mr. Eli Hini, the General Manager for Mobile Financial Services, MTN Ghana, has said their outfit is working with the police to thoroughly screen personnel who apply to become agents of mobile money.
Mr. Hini said the agents would be thoroughly scrutinised and well observed to ensure the safety of customers, agents and credibility of the service.
Mr. Hini announced this at He said this at the company’s maiden edition of mobile money agents awards night in Accra where over 120 Mobile Money Agents who have exhibited professionalism in discharging their duties to promote the mobile money business were celebrated
The MTN Mobile Money Agents Awards event was the first of its kind in the telecom industry in Ghana, and aimed at rewarding all Mobile Money Agents in the country.
Mr. Hini, noted that MTN instituted the awards event in order to reward and celebrate agents who have respected and discharged their duties in accordance to the rule and regulations governing Agent operations.
“Knowing how diligently you have worked as agents to ensure our customers have a good experience with Mobile Money services, we are celebrating you today for showing leadership and integrity in your day to day activities.
The first celebrations took place in Takoradi last week, it was awesome. It is the turn of Accra today and next week, we will be in Kumasi for the same purpose,” he noted.
According to him, the agents have responsibility to serve as ambassadors for the brand.
This he said, their actions and inactions impacts the image of MTN. Therefore we urge you to provide exceptional experience for our customers.
In all, Mr. Kwame Kwadon, of Notable E – Solutions emerged as the overall best Mobile Money Agent. He received a motorbike, certificate of honor and other valuable items.
Other prizes won by some agents include: Generator, mobile phones, solar lamps and others.
The event also saw a talented singer/ rapper; Kuami Eugene and the winner of MTN Hitmaker 4, Kidi passing through.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Five DR Congo reporters freed after being held by police
- Must Voting To Create New Regions In GhanaTake Place Nationwide?
- No Traces Of One District, One Factory In B/A – Agyenim Boateng
- Mother Nature In Tears…
- Greeners Foundation Outlines Step To Revitalize Agriculture Among The Youth In Ghana
- Ghana Pull Out Of Africa Inter Club Competition Next Year
- Hearts of Oak Contract Rebel Samudeen Ibrahim Still In Ghana
- Dan Quaye Call On Normalisation Committee To Come To The Aid Of GPL Players
- WBO Africa Junior Middleweight Champion Allotey Donates To Korokoo Project
- Ghana’s Rising Star Jonathan Euro To Fight In Hong Kong
- Asamoah Gyan Urges Boxing Fans To Comport Themselves At WBO African Lightweight Championship
- Welbeck Oliviera Ayeh Glad To Join Black Bombers ...Targets Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games
- Lifestyle: 10 foods you didn't realize were vegan
- Lifestyle: 10 differences between Halloween in the US and the UK
- Lifestyle: Meghan Markle's best outfits during her pregnancy so far
- Tech: Stephen Hawking warned that machines are getting smarter than ever, and dismissing it could be our worst mistake
- Lifestyle: 10 viral dog adoption stories that rocked the internet in 2018
- Lifestyle: Meghan Markle reportedly said her pregnancy feels like 'jet lag' and has her doing 4:30 a.m. yoga
- Lifestyle: A man was told he could only attend a wedding if he came as a drunk clown — and he delivered
- I feel sad for Nyantakyi- Asamoah Gyan
- Politics: A US aircraft carrier is in the frigid waters north of the Arctic Circle for the first time since the Soviet Union collapsed
- Politics: The life of Afghan Gen. Abdul Raziq, whose assassination Thursday was a huge Taliban victory
- Tech: Google will reportedly charge European phone makers as much as $40 to put apps like Gmail and Maps on their phones (GOOGL, GOOG)
- Strategy: An Arkansas court quietly ruled that truck drivers need to be paid minimum wage even when they're not driving on the job — here's what it means for drivers around the US
- Did Mahama Really Admit He Cannot Fix A Broken Economy In 30 Months?
- Tsatsu Tsikata Is as Guilty as Rawlings and Cousin Kojo Tsikata in the Murder of the Judges
- The Literary World Of Ama Atta Aidoo
- 36 pupils pregnant , 31 between the ages of nine and 19 living with HIV
- Inequality gap widens in Ghana - GIDRN
- Assemblies must prioritise local tourism to stimulate growth
- Gushegu officers trained on GESI
- Seven in Court for alleged unlawful destruction of Stadium plastic chairs
- NGO aids girl rescued from child marriage to become a dressmaker
- Education remains inevitable weapon for economic transformation - UW Minister
- Thomas Partey Rubbishes Atletico Madrid Exit Report
- Mubarak Wakaso Cameos As Alaves Jump To Top Of La Liga With Celta Vigo Win
- Emmanuel Boateng & Raphael Dwamena Named In Levante Squad For Real Madrid Clash
- Former Hasmal Defender Alex Amuzu Switches To Bahir Dar Kenema In Ethiopia
- Thomas Partey Named In Atletico Madrid Squad To Face Villareal Amid Transfer Reports
- Tech: OnePlus rescheduled its upcoming smartphone event because Apple just recently announced its own event on the same day (AAPL)
- Tech: Twitter is shutting down bot accounts posting pro-Saudi tweets about missing dissident Khashoggi (TWTR)
- Politics: Trump's handling of Saudi Arabia and the Khashoggi case is alienating him from his biggest allies in Congress