CAF has announced that Mohamed Salah, Aubameyang and Sadio Mane are the final three to compete for the 2017 African Player of the Year Award, after having announced a 30-man shortlist earlier in the year.
Mohamed Salah, 25, scored five goals to help Egypt qualify for their first World Cup since 1990. That was after his two goals helped the Pharaohs to the final of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations, where they lost 2-1 to Cameroon. He is currently the top scorer in the English Premier League with 14 goals and has netted six times in the Champions League.
Sadio Mane may have failed to lead Senegal to African title in January but he was an instrumental figure in the Teranga Lions’ qualification to the World Cup for the first time in 16 years. At club level, Mane has netted 18 goals for Liverpool this year.
Aubameyang, meanwhile, has scored 45 goals this year and is now the African with the most goals scored in the Bundesliga.
The list was trimmed down following votes by Head Coaches/Technical Directors of the National Associations affiliated to CAF, members of the CAF Technical and Development Committee and a panel of Media Experts.
The overall winner will be announced at the Awards Gala on Thursday, 4 January 2018 in Accra, Ghana.
Nigerian energy giants, Aiteo, are the headline sponsors of next year’s edition that will see players, officials and administrators who distinguished themselves exemplary during the year under review being honoured for their efforts towards the development of the game on the continent.
African Player of the Year:
Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Dortmund)
Women’s Player of the Year:
Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Dalian Quanjian)
Chrestina Kgatlana (South Africa & UWC Ladies)
Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene(Cameroon & Rossyanka)
Women’s National Team of the Year:
Coach of the Year:
Gernot Rohr (Nigeria)
Hector Cuper (Egypt)
National Team of the Year:
Club of the Year:
Wydad Athletic Club
Youth Player of the Year:
Krepin Diatta (Senegal &Sarpsborg)
Patson Daka (Zambia & Liefering)
Salam Giddou (Mali & Guidars)
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Politician Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg
- We won’t accept less than N30,000 minimum wage - Labour
- Woman Steals Her Family Friend's Children... she's on the run
- Nude Bath Video of Osun Lawmaker: Update From The Court
- 17 Grabbed For Galamsey At Nzema East
- Storekeeper Who Stole Free School Uniforms Under Investigations
- Nana Addo Set To Graduate NABCO Recruits Today
- Oti Region Presents Its Presidential Candidate For NDC Leadership Race
- State-Owned Gold Refinery Project To Create Over 1,000 Jobs
- Nzema East MCE donates furniture, shoes to schools in Municipality
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Striker Bismarck Appiah Joins Ethiopian Champions Jimma Abba Jifar FC
- 2019 AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Beat Libya To Go Top Of Group E
- Kotoko Confirm Readiness To Re-Sign Midfielder Adjei
- Brazil Edge Past Argentina With Injury-Time Winner
- France Add To Germany's Woes As Griezmann Leads Comeback Win
- Kotoko To Engage Karela United In A Friendly
- 2019 AFCON Qualifier: Uganda Extend Group L Lead After Impressive Win Over Lesotho
- I Would Have Loved To Have Played For Kotoko – Dan Quaye
- Samudeen Ibrahim Arrives In Morocco For Raja Casablanca Switch
- 2019 AFCON Qualifier: Benin Blow Group D Wide Open With Shock Win Over Algeria
- APO: Rugby: Zambia face Algeria in the decider game to determine who qualifies to the Gold Cup 2019
- First photos of newly-built Kejetia market in Kumasi
- Tech: MTV is bringing back 'The Real World' for Facebook Watch, and will let the audience vote on the direction of the show
- APO: Get Into Rugby - Zambia : U12-14 Independence Tag Rugby Games 2018
- Politics: 'I don't think he has any money': Trump taunts Michael Avenatti after legal win and discounts his potential 2020 presidential bid
- Politics: 11 insults Trump has hurled at women
- Nigerian Actor Blossom's Wife Suffers Serious Burns After She Poured Hot Water On Her Body (Photos)
- APC, Police Colluding To Stop My Election Petition – Adeleke
- Nayorigo Primary School Lacks Furniture,Textbooks
- Father’s Scarecrow, My Sex Life And Millennials: Part I
- Gowon’s Injustice To Taiwo: Curse On Nigeria?
- Over 200 Global Food Movement Leaders and Organizations Reject "Gene Drives"
- Support Local Contractors - Alhaji PMC Urges Gov’t
- Namibian Delegation In Ghana To Strengthen Trade Relations
- Can A Fig Tree Produce Olives?
- Free SHS: Double Track To Run For 6 Years – MP
- Highlighting 1M Job Losses Without Corresponding Gains: An Illustrative Case Of Intellectual Dishonesty?
- Somalia Needs True Freedom, Peace And Progress
- Abdul Razak Feels Disappointed For Not Given The Opportunity To Coach A National Team
- SHOCKING: Black Stars Management Member Demanded 20,000 Euros From Elvis Manu To Help Him Get A Call-Up - Arhinful Reveals
- Ghana Hosts West African Zone One Triathlon Championship 11th November