The host of My Health My Life on UTV, Abigail N.M Ashley, has launched her charity project dubbed ‘Behind My Smile Project’ to support patients with kidney problems.
Abigail Ashley, a survivor of chronic kidney disease Stage 5 (CKD ST5), explained at that the project is a nationwide kidney education programme which seeks to promote healthy kidney education among the Ghanaian populace, especially the youth, in all the ten regions.
Ms Ashley also stated that the project would engage kidney specialists, doctors, dietitians and exercise therapists to sensitise the youth on the importance of the kidneys and staying healthy during their tour in some of the major junior and senior high schools.
She, however, promised that her outfit would ensure healthy kidney education is made available to all.
According to her, “The burden of kidney disease is huge and the cases in the country keeps moving up the ladder and it will take some of us, who are already facing it to educate the populace. For every 10 admissions to a hospital emergency ward in Ghana, four admissions have kidney-related conditions. Hence, ‘The Behind My Smiles Project’ is here to spread and make the education of kidney health simple, especially among the youth across the country.”
Ms Ashley, therefore, advised the general public to be health conscious, exercise regularly, drink more water and reduce the intake of salt.
After the launch of the project, a free health screening for more than 500 people was held at the premises of UTV to commemorate this year’s World Kidney Day.
“The screening will aid in the prevention and early diagnosis of kidney failure through blood pressure and blood sugar screenings, urine RE, BUE, as well as body mass index (BMI) screenings,” she added.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Kayes century sets up easy Bangladesh cricket win
- Crowds protest latest deadly rebel raid in DR Congo
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Powerful Forces Want Me Out Of APC
- Meet Janet A. Owusu: Ghana’s Young Female Graphic Designer
- Pan Africanism: A Desire For Power Or A Desire For Equality?
- B/A: Bra Dea Foundation Gives Mathematical Sets To 5,000 JHS Students
- The Divisive Nature Of Politics In Ghana
- Karpowership Grabs Best Quality Independent Power Plant Of The Year Award
- There is hope for Ghana: But not in what you think
- Dr. Mahamudu Bawumias Twenty Months In Office, And The True State Of Affairs In The Walewale Constituency
- Assemblyman Elect For Korletsom Electoral Area Support His Community With Two(2) Trips Of Sand, Football And A Set Of Jersey
- The Love Of God Constraintineth Us
- How to Make 300,000 lives wretched
- Emmanuel Game Boy Tagoe Wins WBO Africa Lightweight Belt
- Bukom Fist of Fury Boxbiz Hits Bukom With Bukom Banku Leading The Show
- Raphael Dwamena Meets Legendary Real Madrid Striker Raul Gonzalez
- Jeffery Schlupp Plays Full Throttle As Crystal Palace Suffer Defeat To Everton
- AWCON 2018: Adjoa Bayor And Memunatu Sulemana To Assist In Sunday’s Draw
- AMAA 2018: I've done well and hoping to win - Seun Ajayi
- AMAA nomination tells how relevant I am - Gideon Okeke
- Lifestyle: Prince Harry rehearsed an important speech in front of only Meghan Markle, and fans are loving the candid photo
- Live updates from AMAA 2018 in Kigali
- Take a look at the 1st photos from AMAA 2018
- AMAA honour late Chris Ekejimbe at 14th edition in Kigali
- Sports: Titans fail to score on game-winning two-point conversion twice to lose heartbreaker to the Chargers in London
- Lifestyle: Hailey Baldwin is trying to trademark the name 'Hailey Bieber' weeks after she and Justin Bieber were reportedly spotted getting a marriage license
- Tech: 3 reasons you should buy the iPhone XS Max instead of the standard iPhone XS (AAPL)
- Tech: It’s time for tech giants to retire the ‘keynote’ — Apple, Google, and others are all making the same mistake with their product launches
- Barcelona have failed to beat Madrid without Messi since 2004
- Tech: A woman spotted her relatives' call for 'HELP' in photos NOAA took of Hurricane Michael's aftermath, and the program could revolutionize the way people are rescued after disasters
- Lifestyle: I traveled the world for 6 months, and here's the single best piece of advice I can give you for any trip you take
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana In Group A Alongside Algeria, Cameroon And Mali
- Emmanuel Boateng Hails Levante’s ‘Big’ Win Over Real Madrid On Saturday
- Mario Icardi Scores A Stunning Header As Kwadwo Asamoah's Inter Wins Milan Derby [VIDEO]
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana To Play Algeria In Tournament Opener
- Tunisia Sack Head Coach Faouzi Benzarti Just Days After Afcon Qualification
- Boakye-Yiadom Scores A Twice In Red Star Belgrade’s 3-1 Win Over Rad Beograd [VIDEO]
- 2018 Women's AFCON: Ghana to play Algeria in tournament opener
- 2018 Women's AFCON: Ghana handed tricky draw
- Kim Kardashian's latest NSFW photo is almost too hot for Instagram
- Sports: Eagles blow big 4th quarter lead to the Panthers after getting caught celebrating prematurely
- Politics: 9 maps show how different LGBTQ rights are around the world