A 27-year-old man has been arrested by the Sogakofe police for allegedly robbing three ladies and raping one of them in the night of Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
The suspected robber, who has been identified as William Tovor, a native of Nugblevi, a suburb of Akatsi, was arrested at Kudzekope, near Sogakofe, after a hefty scuffle with the police.
The South Tongu Divisional Commander, Chief Superintendent Dennis Fiakpui, who confirmed the incident, narrated that the victims were attacked on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at about 10:30 pm.
He said the three victims – Esther Mawusi Afaglo, a nurse; Miss Adabla, an Immigration Officer and Emma Tengey, a trader – all residents of Kudzekope, were robbed in their individual rooms at gun point.
William Tovor, who was reportedly wielding a locally manufactured pistol, allegedly broke into the rooms of two of the victims with the aid of concrete blocks. The nurse, who was reportedly attacked first, was shot in the right arm before being robbed of her mobile phone.
The robber then allegedly went to the room of the immigration officer. On reaching the door, he shot through it and hit her abdomen in the process.
After attacking the third victim, William Tovor purportedly dragged her out of her room into a nearby bush and forcibly had sex with her. Fortunately, the police acted swiftly after they had been alerted. Chief Supt. Fiakpui said with the support of the community, they mounted a manhunt which led to the subsequent arrest of the suspect.
A search of his hideout revealed items such as mobile phone belonging to the nurse, a pistol and AAA cartridges, seven live and three used empty cartridges.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Once upon a time... preserving folk tales in Benin
- South Africa inquiry into top-level state graft opens
- 'Blast fishing' thrives in Libya's chaos
- Cairo looks to curb street sheep slaughter for Eid holiday
- Politics: Two people have died after another strong earthquake ripped through the Indonesian island of Lombok
- Politics: Photos show the destruction from flooding in the Indian state of Kerala, killing at least 350 people
- Politician Attacked By Thugs, Left With Broken Head (Photos)
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- 5 Ways To Know If You Are Dehydrated
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- University Of Education Winneba To Admit More FREE SHS Beneficiaries In 2020
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, August 20, 2018
- Re: Mahama's boys bought V8, Built Mansions In 4 Years--Bagbin
- Bagbin Claims Mahama Boys Bought V8 And Built Mansions
- Christian Council Is Much Too Vocal For The Good Of Its Established Reputation
- Re-certification Of Customised Number Plates Set To Begin On 1st October
- Free SHS, Double-Track Are Boldest Initiatives Ever
- Ghana Government Likely To Ban Plastic Items
- Passion Air Ready For Domestic Flight Operations
- Police Critical For Successful Implementation Of ECOWAS Brown Card Scheme
- COPEC calls for national dialogue on 'sustained' fuel price increases
- Over a dozen banks yet to meet GHC400m minimum capital
- Weekend Wrap: Review of big matches played in Europe over the weekend
- Music: Bulldog rates Iwan as best reggae/dancehall artiste in Ghana
- Sermon: Worship God, not your pastors – Otabil to ICGC members
- Profile: Jorginho, Chelsea's new midfield maestro
- Politics: Shots were reportedly fired at the US embassy in Turkey
- Poor Governance: Mahama’s boys grabbed V8, mansions in 4 years – Alban Bagbin
- Trolls: The look on Man United’s Vice-Chairman, Ed Woodward's face during their humiliating defeat to Brighton
- #MourinhoOut: Man United fan starts GoFundMe to raise £12 million for Jose Mourinho sacking
- Nursing Mother, Baby Drown As Lagos Officials Chase Residents
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Kwankwaso Not Welcome In Kano - Governor Ganduje
- Dancing Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Saraki Fires Back: Buhari Presidency Lacks Foresight, Too Slow
- Wife Stabs Husband To Death Over 'Another Woman' In Delta