A 27-year-old man has been arrested by the Sogakofe police for allegedly robbing three ladies and raping one of them in the night of Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
The suspected robber, who has been identified as William Tovor, a native of Nugblevi, a suburb of Akatsi, was arrested at Kudzekope, near Sogakofe, after a hefty scuffle with the police.
The South Tongu Divisional Commander, Chief Superintendent Dennis Fiakpui, who confirmed the incident, narrated that the victims were attacked on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at about 10:30 pm.
He said the three victims – Esther Mawusi Afaglo, a nurse; Miss Adabla, an Immigration Officer and Emma Tengey, a trader – all residents of Kudzekope, were robbed in their individual rooms at gun point.
William Tovor, who was reportedly wielding a locally manufactured pistol, allegedly broke into the rooms of two of the victims with the aid of concrete blocks. The nurse, who was reportedly attacked first, was shot in the right arm before being robbed of her mobile phone.
The robber then allegedly went to the room of the immigration officer. On reaching the door, he shot through it and hit her abdomen in the process.
After attacking the third victim, William Tovor purportedly dragged her out of her room into a nearby bush and forcibly had sex with her. Fortunately, the police acted swiftly after they had been alerted. Chief Supt. Fiakpui said with the support of the community, they mounted a manhunt which led to the subsequent arrest of the suspect.
A search of his hideout revealed items such as mobile phone belonging to the nurse, a pistol and AAA cartridges, seven live and three used empty cartridges.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Sports Tourism: Golf, More Than Just A Game
- Commemorating Alhaji Aliu Mahama: Six Years On
- NDC Congress: Vote For Women Candidates - WiLDAF Ghana To NDC Delegates
- The Disgruntled Former Prime Minister
- Kufuor Calls On Investors To Support Young Entrepreneurs
- Mark Of Excellence: NCC Chairman Congratulates Channel VAS Founder For Company’s Growth
- Mortuary Workers Call Off Strike
- NDC Polls: Ako Gunn kicks against NEC's decision of appointing communication officers from 2021
- NDC Polls: Action Youth for John Mahama descends heavily on Ofosu Ampofo
- Health Minister Cuts Sod For Construction Of Bogoso District Hospital
- Wayne Rooney To Be England Captain During Farewell Appearance
- 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: Black Stars Gears Up Ahead Of Ethiopia Clash [PICTURES]
- Manchester United Rekindle Interest In Jerome Boateng
- Ghanaian Midfielder Koby Arthur Scores Winner For Macclesfield FC In Checkatrade Trophy
- Joe Dodoo bags brace for Blackpool
- Politics: Theresa May suffers more resignations as Esther McVey resigns over May's Brexit deal
- MTN Heroes of Change season 5 launched, winner takes home GHC 100k
- APO: Merck Foundation announces the winners for their “Merck Diabetes Award” to mark “World Diabetes Day 2018”
- Budget 2019: Prioritise job creation, poverty reduction – GN Research
- APO: Triple win for African rugby on the global stage
- Lifestyle: The 13 biggest mistakes you're making on dating apps — and how to stop
- Yinka Ayefele's Music House Being Reconstructed By Govt.
- What The DSS Report Revealed About Oshiomhole
- Comedienne Helen Paul Shows Her Beautiful Family
- Popular Channels TV Anchor, Maupe Ogun Gives Birth In US
- Married Man Taking Care Of Me Has Infected Me With HIV – Lagos Lady Cries Out
- 2019 Budget: Office Of Special Prosecutor Gets GHS180m
- Ghana Is Moving Forward Under This Gov’t – Ken Ofori Atta
- 92% Of DKM Claims Paid – Ofori Atta
- 2019 Budget: Ken Ofori Atta Admits Hardships In Ghana
- 2018 Golden Baobab Prize Judges Announced
- End of Eritrea sanctions no guarantee of reforms
- Concerns mount for French hostage as Mali peace deal under scrutiny
- Marie-Antoinette's jewels sell for 18 times estimated price
- High five: James rises on the all-time scoring list
- Expectations From Ghanaians On 2019 Budget
- 2019 CAF U23 Cup Of Nations Qualifiers: Kenya Win Big; Uganda Edge South Sudan
- Abdiqani Re-Elected Unpposed As Somalia FA Boss
- Swedish Side Falkenbergs FF Confirm Enock Kwakwa Departure
- Black Meteors-Togo Clash In CAF U23 Nations Cup Qualifiers Rescheduled To Dec 18
- FC Metz To Miss John Boye In French Cup Tie Against Sarreguemines On Sunday
- "Sensi Is The New Veratti"- Kevin Prince Boateng