A 27-year-old man has been arrested by the Sogakofe police for allegedly robbing three ladies and raping one of them in the night of Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
The suspected robber, who has been identified as William Tovor, a native of Nugblevi, a suburb of Akatsi, was arrested at Kudzekope, near Sogakofe, after a hefty scuffle with the police.
The South Tongu Divisional Commander, Chief Superintendent Dennis Fiakpui, who confirmed the incident, narrated that the victims were attacked on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at about 10:30 pm.
He said the three victims – Esther Mawusi Afaglo, a nurse; Miss Adabla, an Immigration Officer and Emma Tengey, a trader – all residents of Kudzekope, were robbed in their individual rooms at gun point.
William Tovor, who was reportedly wielding a locally manufactured pistol, allegedly broke into the rooms of two of the victims with the aid of concrete blocks. The nurse, who was reportedly attacked first, was shot in the right arm before being robbed of her mobile phone.
The robber then allegedly went to the room of the immigration officer. On reaching the door, he shot through it and hit her abdomen in the process.
After attacking the third victim, William Tovor purportedly dragged her out of her room into a nearby bush and forcibly had sex with her. Fortunately, the police acted swiftly after they had been alerted. Chief Supt. Fiakpui said with the support of the community, they mounted a manhunt which led to the subsequent arrest of the suspect.
A search of his hideout revealed items such as mobile phone belonging to the nurse, a pistol and AAA cartridges, seven live and three used empty cartridges.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Ghana not dealing with sexual abuse correctly - Group
- Criminal Who Made Over N50m From Kidnapping Nabbed
- How To Travel On A Budget and Still Have Fun
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- S.Africa's black majority battles apartheid urban planning
- DR Congo's mining industry hobbled by poor infrastructure, tax hike
- Hopes of a mining revival in oil-addicted Nigeria
- NDC Party: 'Unity Walk' was a thorn in the flesh of NPP gov't- Kojo Bonsu
- Number 12: PPP blasts gov't for dissolving GFA without consulting clubs
- Fight Among APC Leaders, Governors Over National Convention
- Kidnappers Who Disguised As SARS Operatives Nabbed In Lagos
- NewPDP Faces Tension Over Moves To Dump APC
- Peace Corps To Buhari: Order IGP To Unseal Our Office
- Customs Bust Top Smugglers, Seize N1.3bn Rice, Vehicles
- Spiritual Values Should Be Respected To Reduce Moral Decadence
- GEPA Supports Capacity Building Of Weavers
- Prisons Bus Seized Following 435k Judgment Debt
- International Cocoa Initiative Sets The Tone For Greater Heights
- Direct-Relief Supports Ghanaian Hospitals
- Opinion: Great Leaders Walk Off The Stage When Applause Is Loudest
- Bagbin Says Ghanaian Muslims Are World Best Ambassadors
- Government Should Broaden Dialogue Over Ghana Card--Tema Mantse
- Truck Speeding Up Kills Pregnant Woman At Food Joint
- Africans Challenged To Invest Financially In Children's Development
- 'We’ll upgrade Colleges of Education to a university status by September' – Akufo-Addo
- No Minority MP has Ghana card – NIA
- AGI pledges support for NABCO programme
- MiDA plans to build capacity of 300 female engineering students
- NDC Party: Anita De-Sosoo is a "crook"- Rawlings booms
- This Liposuction Madness Needs To Stop
- Scotland: Petroleum Commission Tours Forth Ports Of Dundee
- Bolga Workshop Outlined Concerns Over RTI
- Embers and Death at the Victoria Park Hotel: The Anguish for Lost Buildings
- NCCE Makes Strong Case For The Protection Of The Environment
- Ghana To Understudy Decommissioning From Scottish Forth Ports
- Ghana Card: Minority Running From Clean, Accurate Data Gathering
- NDC Set To Hold Constituency Elections
- NPP Polls: Ashanti Region deserves more than a Deputy National position - Group
- Virtues Of Tolerance And Inclusiveness Critical To Development
- C.K. Akonnor wants ex-players involved in new GFA
- Government must implement 'Ghana Beyond Aid' soon – UK High Commissioner
- British High Commissioner, Iain Walker, on ’21 minutes with KKB’