A 27-year-old man has been arrested by the Sogakofe police for allegedly robbing three ladies and raping one of them in the night of Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
The suspected robber, who has been identified as William Tovor, a native of Nugblevi, a suburb of Akatsi, was arrested at Kudzekope, near Sogakofe, after a hefty scuffle with the police.
The South Tongu Divisional Commander, Chief Superintendent Dennis Fiakpui, who confirmed the incident, narrated that the victims were attacked on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at about 10:30 pm.
He said the three victims – Esther Mawusi Afaglo, a nurse; Miss Adabla, an Immigration Officer and Emma Tengey, a trader – all residents of Kudzekope, were robbed in their individual rooms at gun point.
William Tovor, who was reportedly wielding a locally manufactured pistol, allegedly broke into the rooms of two of the victims with the aid of concrete blocks. The nurse, who was reportedly attacked first, was shot in the right arm before being robbed of her mobile phone.
The robber then allegedly went to the room of the immigration officer. On reaching the door, he shot through it and hit her abdomen in the process.
After attacking the third victim, William Tovor purportedly dragged her out of her room into a nearby bush and forcibly had sex with her. Fortunately, the police acted swiftly after they had been alerted. Chief Supt. Fiakpui said with the support of the community, they mounted a manhunt which led to the subsequent arrest of the suspect.
A search of his hideout revealed items such as mobile phone belonging to the nurse, a pistol and AAA cartridges, seven live and three used empty cartridges.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- Chief Imam In London
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- Ghana needs professional Police to ensure peace - Mrs Sackey
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary
- TNMA marks Independence Day celebration with grand parade
- Kasena-Nankana West District Assembly to prosecute households without toilet facilities
- Statement Of Appreciation From NPP BA Regional Youth
- Omni, Sahel Sahara banks merger completed