Amputee league logo
The media launch for the maiden Ghana Amputee Football league has taken place at the Accra Sports Stadium, where stakeholders were taken through rules of the game.
The league would be played in four regions, with eight teams to participating.
The Greater Accra, Ashanti Region, Eastern Region and Central Region were the selected regions for the league.
Daniel Nii Mensah President of the GAFLB, gave a keynote address to all the stakeholders before unveiling the logo for the league.
He said a marketing team has been put together to come out with a business plan and a blueprint for the sport to be run as a full fledge self-sufficient business, whilst taking the deprived off the streets.
According to the GAFLB, the Accra Sports Stadium, Baba Yara Sports Stadium, El Wak Stadium, Koforidua Sports Stadium as well as Lizzy Sports Complex would be host venues for the league.
Mr Mensah expressed gratitude to all sponsors who have supported Amputee football in the past.
He said organization like National Petroleum Authority, Access Bank Ghana, Tullow Ghana Ltd, Glico Group Ltd, MTN Ghana Foundation, GNPC, BOST, Zenith Bank Ghana, Amazing Catering Services and as well as the enormous efforts and contributions from individuals and other corporate organizations.
The second stanza of the programme saw an overview of the rules of the game by the general secretary of the league board, Phillip Richester.
Ali Jarah, who doubles as coach and technical director of league, took all the representative from the various teams and football coaches through the technicalities and techniques of amputee football.
The event was capped with a seven aside match between a selected side from the Northern teams and a selected side from the South.
Below is the logo of the league:
Winners of the competition will take home a trophy and a cash of $20,000 while 2nd and 3rd place teams will pocket $15,000 and $10000 respectively.
The league is due to commence on May 5, 2018.
This article has 0 comment(s), give your comment
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Game Of Marriage 2
- Faye Mpaebo 3
- Tech: A bullet in a shoe and people trampling over each other: Witnesses to the shooting at YouTube recall moments of panic (GOOG, GOOGL)
- Latest Updates & Breaking News of Ghana | News Ghana
- Politics: Russia is using Twitter to crowdsource ways to respond to the US expulsion of its diplomats
- Real Madrid dispatch Kwadwo Asamoah's Juventus 3-0
- Tech: Read the e-mail Google CEO Sundar Pichai sent employees about the YouTube shooting
- Business College International Launches 15th Anniversary Celebrations
- Finance: An Air Canada jet was forced to make an emergency landing after pilots reported smoke in the cockpit
- BCI launches 15th anniversary celebrations
- NDC’s secret deal with US military out
- Opuni, Agongo plead not guilty
- Tony Elumelu Foundation selects 1,000 entrepreneurs for 2018 programme
- David Oscar: "Talent got Stonebwoy the BET award, not riches" - singer fires at Shatta Wale
- Tech: The #DeleteFacebook movement is a strong reminder that none of these so-called 'free' services are truly free (FB)
- Finance: Dow Jones soars as much as 500 points as trade-war fears subside
- Strategy: Chicago's attempt to impress Amazon backfired after it destroyed a 'priceless' graffiti artwork in HQ2 bid clean-up
- Tech: Alphabet's chairman and a Google distinguished engineer won a prestigious $1 million prize
- RTI will be law by end of 2018 – Hamid
- 'If you can't call him 'mi wura', 'nts3', my lord, don't marry him' – Duncan-Williams
- Opuni, Agongo granted GH¢600,000 bail
- State parades 9 Lawyers for Opuni’s trial
- One of Africa’s most promising cities has a trash problem
- Tech: 12 fitness 'truths' that are doing more harm than good
- Tech: The incredible story of the 'Virtual Boy' — Nintendo's VR headset from 1995 that failed spectacularly
- Politics: Kim Jong Un reportedly makes history with first-ever visit to China as head of state
- Diamond Pub & Grill: Has Shatta Michy's pub business collapsed?
- Tech: New FCC order will accelerate 5G rollouts
- Finance: Facebook is officially in a bear market as the FTC confirms a probe into the Cambridge Analytica data scandal (FB)
- Finance: Facebook enters a bear market as the FTC confirms a probe into the Cambridge Analytica data scandal (FB)
- Politics: A doctored photo showing a prominent Parkland shooting survivor ripping up the Constitution went viral on right-wing social media
- Travel Trivia: Male shoppers scoop all prizes in malls' holiday travel trivia final
- Pulse Food: How to make creamy coconut porridge
- Ghana’s Young Swimming Team Buoyant For GC 2018
- Azumah Nelson Fight Night Series Comes To An End
- Opuni faces 25 years jail term - Gloria Akuffo
- NDC buses supporters to court over Opuni trial
- Ghana named amongst top ranked investment destinations in Africa for 2017
- Construction begins for Koforidua Youth and Sports Center
- Sierra Leone court lifts order halting presidential election
- Cavani Scores As Uruguay Beat Wales To Win China Cup