Amputee league logo
The media launch for the maiden Ghana Amputee Football league has taken place at the Accra Sports Stadium, where stakeholders were taken through rules of the game.
The league would be played in four regions, with eight teams to participating.
The Greater Accra, Ashanti Region, Eastern Region and Central Region were the selected regions for the league.
Daniel Nii Mensah President of the GAFLB, gave a keynote address to all the stakeholders before unveiling the logo for the league.
He said a marketing team has been put together to come out with a business plan and a blueprint for the sport to be run as a full fledge self-sufficient business, whilst taking the deprived off the streets.
According to the GAFLB, the Accra Sports Stadium, Baba Yara Sports Stadium, El Wak Stadium, Koforidua Sports Stadium as well as Lizzy Sports Complex would be host venues for the league.
Mr Mensah expressed gratitude to all sponsors who have supported Amputee football in the past.
He said organization like National Petroleum Authority, Access Bank Ghana, Tullow Ghana Ltd, Glico Group Ltd, MTN Ghana Foundation, GNPC, BOST, Zenith Bank Ghana, Amazing Catering Services and as well as the enormous efforts and contributions from individuals and other corporate organizations.
The second stanza of the programme saw an overview of the rules of the game by the general secretary of the league board, Phillip Richester.
Ali Jarah, who doubles as coach and technical director of league, took all the representative from the various teams and football coaches through the technicalities and techniques of amputee football.
The event was capped with a seven aside match between a selected side from the Northern teams and a selected side from the South.
Below is the logo of the league:
Winners of the competition will take home a trophy and a cash of $20,000 while 2nd and 3rd place teams will pocket $15,000 and $10000 respectively.
The league is due to commence on May 5, 2018.
This article has 0 comment(s), give your comment
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Ghana not dealing with sexual abuse correctly - Group
- Criminal Who Made Over N50m From Kidnapping Nabbed
- How To Travel On A Budget and Still Have Fun
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- S.Africa's black majority battles apartheid urban planning
- DR Congo's mining industry hobbled by poor infrastructure, tax hike
- Hopes of a mining revival in oil-addicted Nigeria
- NDC Party: 'Unity Walk' was a thorn in the flesh of NPP gov't- Kojo Bonsu
- Number 12: PPP blasts gov't for dissolving GFA without consulting clubs
- Fight Among APC Leaders, Governors Over National Convention
- Kidnappers Who Disguised As SARS Operatives Nabbed In Lagos
- NewPDP Faces Tension Over Moves To Dump APC
- Peace Corps To Buhari: Order IGP To Unseal Our Office
- Customs Bust Top Smugglers, Seize N1.3bn Rice, Vehicles
- Spiritual Values Should Be Respected To Reduce Moral Decadence
- GEPA Supports Capacity Building Of Weavers
- Prisons Bus Seized Following 435k Judgment Debt
- International Cocoa Initiative Sets The Tone For Greater Heights
- Direct-Relief Supports Ghanaian Hospitals
- Opinion: Great Leaders Walk Off The Stage When Applause Is Loudest
- Bagbin Says Ghanaian Muslims Are World Best Ambassadors
- Government Should Broaden Dialogue Over Ghana Card--Tema Mantse
- Truck Speeding Up Kills Pregnant Woman At Food Joint
- Africans Challenged To Invest Financially In Children's Development
- 'We’ll upgrade Colleges of Education to a university status by September' – Akufo-Addo
- No Minority MP has Ghana card – NIA
- AGI pledges support for NABCO programme
- MiDA plans to build capacity of 300 female engineering students
- NDC Party: Anita De-Sosoo is a "crook"- Rawlings booms
- This Liposuction Madness Needs To Stop
- Scotland: Petroleum Commission Tours Forth Ports Of Dundee
- Bolga Workshop Outlined Concerns Over RTI
- Embers and Death at the Victoria Park Hotel: The Anguish for Lost Buildings
- NCCE Makes Strong Case For The Protection Of The Environment
- Ghana To Understudy Decommissioning From Scottish Forth Ports
- Ghana Card: Minority Running From Clean, Accurate Data Gathering
- NDC Set To Hold Constituency Elections
- NPP Polls: Ashanti Region deserves more than a Deputy National position - Group
- Virtues Of Tolerance And Inclusiveness Critical To Development
- C.K. Akonnor wants ex-players involved in new GFA
- Government must implement 'Ghana Beyond Aid' soon – UK High Commissioner
- British High Commissioner, Iain Walker, on ’21 minutes with KKB’