Amputee league logo
The media launch for the maiden Ghana Amputee Football league has taken place at the Accra Sports Stadium, where stakeholders were taken through rules of the game.
The league would be played in four regions, with eight teams to participating.
The Greater Accra, Ashanti Region, Eastern Region and Central Region were the selected regions for the league.
Daniel Nii Mensah President of the GAFLB, gave a keynote address to all the stakeholders before unveiling the logo for the league.
He said a marketing team has been put together to come out with a business plan and a blueprint for the sport to be run as a full fledge self-sufficient business, whilst taking the deprived off the streets.
According to the GAFLB, the Accra Sports Stadium, Baba Yara Sports Stadium, El Wak Stadium, Koforidua Sports Stadium as well as Lizzy Sports Complex would be host venues for the league.
Mr Mensah expressed gratitude to all sponsors who have supported Amputee football in the past.
He said organization like National Petroleum Authority, Access Bank Ghana, Tullow Ghana Ltd, Glico Group Ltd, MTN Ghana Foundation, GNPC, BOST, Zenith Bank Ghana, Amazing Catering Services and as well as the enormous efforts and contributions from individuals and other corporate organizations.
The second stanza of the programme saw an overview of the rules of the game by the general secretary of the league board, Phillip Richester.
Ali Jarah, who doubles as coach and technical director of league, took all the representative from the various teams and football coaches through the technicalities and techniques of amputee football.
The event was capped with a seven aside match between a selected side from the Northern teams and a selected side from the South.
Below is the logo of the league:
Winners of the competition will take home a trophy and a cash of $20,000 while 2nd and 3rd place teams will pocket $15,000 and $10000 respectively.
The league is due to commence on May 5, 2018.
This article has 0 comment(s), give your comment
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Once upon a time... preserving folk tales in Benin
- South Africa inquiry into top-level state graft opens
- 'Blast fishing' thrives in Libya's chaos
- Cairo looks to curb street sheep slaughter for Eid holiday
- Politics: Two people have died after another strong earthquake ripped through the Indonesian island of Lombok
- Politics: Photos show the destruction from flooding in the Indian state of Kerala, killing at least 350 people
- Politician Attacked By Thugs, Left With Broken Head (Photos)
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- 5 Ways To Know If You Are Dehydrated
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- University Of Education Winneba To Admit More FREE SHS Beneficiaries In 2020
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, August 20, 2018
- Re: Mahama's boys bought V8, Built Mansions In 4 Years--Bagbin
- Bagbin Claims Mahama Boys Bought V8 And Built Mansions
- Christian Council Is Much Too Vocal For The Good Of Its Established Reputation
- Re-certification Of Customised Number Plates Set To Begin On 1st October
- Free SHS, Double-Track Are Boldest Initiatives Ever
- Ghana Government Likely To Ban Plastic Items
- Passion Air Ready For Domestic Flight Operations
- Police Critical For Successful Implementation Of ECOWAS Brown Card Scheme
- COPEC calls for national dialogue on 'sustained' fuel price increases
- Over a dozen banks yet to meet GHC400m minimum capital
- Passion Air joins domestic aviation industry
- Weekend Wrap: Review of big matches played in Europe over the weekend
- Music: Bulldog rates Iwan as best reggae/dancehall artiste in Ghana
- Sermon: Worship God, not your pastors – Otabil to ICGC members
- Profile: Jorginho, Chelsea's new midfield maestro
- Politics: Shots were reportedly fired at the US embassy in Turkey
- Poor Governance: Mahama’s boys grabbed V8, mansions in 4 years – Alban Bagbin
- Trolls: The look on Man United’s Vice-Chairman, Ed Woodward's face during their humiliating defeat to Brighton
- #MourinhoOut: Man United fan starts GoFundMe to raise £12 million for Jose Mourinho sacking
- Nursing Mother, Baby Drown As Lagos Officials Chase Residents
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Kwankwaso Not Welcome In Kano - Governor Ganduje
- Dancing Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Saraki Fires Back: Buhari Presidency Lacks Foresight, Too Slow