Amputee league logo
The media launch for the maiden Ghana Amputee Football league has taken place at the Accra Sports Stadium, where stakeholders were taken through rules of the game.
The league would be played in four regions, with eight teams to participating.
The Greater Accra, Ashanti Region, Eastern Region and Central Region were the selected regions for the league.
Daniel Nii Mensah President of the GAFLB, gave a keynote address to all the stakeholders before unveiling the logo for the league.
He said a marketing team has been put together to come out with a business plan and a blueprint for the sport to be run as a full fledge self-sufficient business, whilst taking the deprived off the streets.
According to the GAFLB, the Accra Sports Stadium, Baba Yara Sports Stadium, El Wak Stadium, Koforidua Sports Stadium as well as Lizzy Sports Complex would be host venues for the league.
Mr Mensah expressed gratitude to all sponsors who have supported Amputee football in the past.
He said organization like National Petroleum Authority, Access Bank Ghana, Tullow Ghana Ltd, Glico Group Ltd, MTN Ghana Foundation, GNPC, BOST, Zenith Bank Ghana, Amazing Catering Services and as well as the enormous efforts and contributions from individuals and other corporate organizations.
The second stanza of the programme saw an overview of the rules of the game by the general secretary of the league board, Phillip Richester.
Ali Jarah, who doubles as coach and technical director of league, took all the representative from the various teams and football coaches through the technicalities and techniques of amputee football.
The event was capped with a seven aside match between a selected side from the Northern teams and a selected side from the South.
Below is the logo of the league:
Winners of the competition will take home a trophy and a cash of $20,000 while 2nd and 3rd place teams will pocket $15,000 and $10000 respectively.
The league is due to commence on May 5, 2018.
This article has 0 comment(s), give your comment
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- FG has not released cash for us to complete unemployment report; says NBS Boss
- Sports Tourism: Golf, More Than Just A Game
- Commemorating Alhaji Aliu Mahama: Six Years On
- NDC Congress: Vote For Women Candidates - WiLDAF Ghana To NDC Delegates
- The Disgruntled Former Prime Minister
- Kufuor Calls On Investors To Support Young Entrepreneurs
- Mark Of Excellence: NCC Chairman Congratulates Channel VAS Founder For Company’s Growth
- Mortuary Workers Call Off Strike
- NDC Polls: Ako Gunn kicks against NEC's decision of appointing communication officers from 2021
- NDC Polls: Action Youth for John Mahama descends heavily on Ofosu Ampofo
- Health Minister Cuts Sod For Construction Of Bogoso District Hospital
- Wayne Rooney To Be England Captain During Farewell Appearance
- 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: Black Stars Gears Up Ahead Of Ethiopia Clash [PICTURES]
- Manchester United Rekindle Interest In Jerome Boateng
- Ghanaian Midfielder Koby Arthur Scores Winner For Macclesfield FC In Checkatrade Trophy
- Joe Dodoo Bags Brace For Blackpool In Checkatrade Trophy Win Over Accrington Stanley
- Ghanaian Duo Asante, Awako To Work Under Rick Schantz At Phoenix Rising
- AshantiGold Widfielder James Akaminko Writes To Management To Cancel Contract - Report
- Nigeria Arrive In Ghana Ahead Of AWCON
- Awutu Senya East constituency gets projects under one million per constituency
- Black Stars hold first training session in Kenya
- Mukarama revels in Black Maidens’ 5-0 romp over Uruguay
- No tax increment at port – Sammy Awuku
- Ursula fights BoG over Kelni GVG deal
- Too many taxes crippling businesses – COPEC
- NDC elects new national executive this weekend; will it be Asiedu Nketia or Koku Anyidoho?
- 5 probe KNUST crisis
- LIVE UPDATES: Finance Minister presents 2019 Budget statement
- NDC Elections: Yammin fights Betty Mould-Iddrisu
- Patching of Tema Motorway begins
- Joe Dodoo bags brace for Blackpool
- Politics: Theresa May suffers more resignations as Esther McVey resigns over May's Brexit deal
- MTN Heroes of Change season 5 launched, winner takes home GHC 100k
- APO: Merck Foundation announces the winners for their “Merck Diabetes Award” to mark “World Diabetes Day 2018”
- Budget 2019: Prioritise job creation, poverty reduction – GN Research
- APO: Triple win for African rugby on the global stage
- Lifestyle: The 13 biggest mistakes you're making on dating apps — and how to stop
- Journalist interdicted for blackmailing ECG boss GH¢5m
- Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli arrives in Ghana
- 5 signs of a weak man in a relationship
- Yinka Ayefele's Music House Being Reconstructed By Govt.
- What The DSS Report Revealed About Oshiomhole