Amputee league logo
The media launch for the maiden Ghana Amputee Football league has taken place at the Accra Sports Stadium, where stakeholders were taken through rules of the game.
The league would be played in four regions, with eight teams to participating.
The Greater Accra, Ashanti Region, Eastern Region and Central Region were the selected regions for the league.
Daniel Nii Mensah President of the GAFLB, gave a keynote address to all the stakeholders before unveiling the logo for the league.
He said a marketing team has been put together to come out with a business plan and a blueprint for the sport to be run as a full fledge self-sufficient business, whilst taking the deprived off the streets.
According to the GAFLB, the Accra Sports Stadium, Baba Yara Sports Stadium, El Wak Stadium, Koforidua Sports Stadium as well as Lizzy Sports Complex would be host venues for the league.
Mr Mensah expressed gratitude to all sponsors who have supported Amputee football in the past.
He said organization like National Petroleum Authority, Access Bank Ghana, Tullow Ghana Ltd, Glico Group Ltd, MTN Ghana Foundation, GNPC, BOST, Zenith Bank Ghana, Amazing Catering Services and as well as the enormous efforts and contributions from individuals and other corporate organizations.
The second stanza of the programme saw an overview of the rules of the game by the general secretary of the league board, Phillip Richester.
Ali Jarah, who doubles as coach and technical director of league, took all the representative from the various teams and football coaches through the technicalities and techniques of amputee football.
The event was capped with a seven aside match between a selected side from the Northern teams and a selected side from the South.
Below is the logo of the league:
Winners of the competition will take home a trophy and a cash of $20,000 while 2nd and 3rd place teams will pocket $15,000 and $10000 respectively.
The league is due to commence on May 5, 2018.
This article has 0 comment(s), give your comment
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- Chief Imam In London
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- Ghana needs professional Police to ensure peace - Mrs Sackey
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary
- TNMA marks Independence Day celebration with grand parade
- Kasena-Nankana West District Assembly to prosecute households without toilet facilities
- Statement Of Appreciation From NPP BA Regional Youth
- Omni, Sahel Sahara banks merger completed