As part of efforts aimed at improving the quality education in her constituency, the Member of Parliament (MP) for Prestea Huni-valley, Hon. Lawyer Barbara Oteng-Gyasi, on Friday April 13 presented set of furniture to the Prestea Huni-valley Municipal Education Service at a short ceremony at the Municipal Assembly in Bogoso.
The desks would be distributed to various schools in the Municipality.
The furniture comprised 300 mono desks, 500 dual desks, 400 Hexagonal tables as well as 1,200 chairs.
Presenting the desks, Hon. Lawyer Mrs Barbara Oteng Gyasi said she was supported by the Minerals Development Fund, She said she had decided to commit a greater percentage of her share of the MDF to the provision of educational facilities for schools in the constituency because of the importance of education to society
She promised to add 500 more furniture to the already presented, this she said will limit the inadequate furniture in schools in the municipality.
She advised the Heads of the schools to practise good maintenance culture on the furniture in order to prolong their lifespan, he also promised to raise the necessary resources for electricity to be extended to the schools so that the pupils would have access to the use of computers to help raise the standard of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in the area. I will appeal to parents and guardians to send their children who are of school-going age to school, to enable them become useful citizens in future, she added.
Receiving the desks on behalf of the Municipal Education Service and the schools, chief of Petepom Nana Kwaku Appiah III, thanked the MP for her interest in the development of education in the constituency.
He called on other citizens of the area to also give their support in whatever way possible for the standard of education in the Municipal to be improved
The Municipal Director of Education’s representative commended the MP for her numerous assistance package in support of educational pursuit in the municipal and assured her that the items would be distrubuted evenly and be put into good use so as to justify why they have been presented to them.
He said the only way they could show appreciation to the MP for her good works is to ensure that the people send their children to school.
Img 20180413 132448
Img 20180413 131942
Img 20180413 131337
Img 20180413 131259
Img 20180413 130527
Img 20180413 131142
Img 20180413 130517
Img 20180413 130331
Img 20180413 130310
Img 20180413 130253
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Girl Smarts: Kate Hudson’s fabletics line looks like this in real life
- Guy Smarts: How many calories do you burn while you sleep?
- Odd Enough: Is it acceptable to shave on public transportation?
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Five killed in torrential Tunisia rains
- Eighteen dead in DR Congo rebel attack: army
- Prof. Joshua Alabi Rounds Up Upper East Regional Campaign
- World: FEMA Administrator must reimburse U.S. For misuse of agency vehicles
- World: Kavanaugh's accuser says she's willing to testify before judiciary committee
- World: Nominee's fate is pivotal point in U.S. Politics
- Opinion: Creating borders, for art or alligator skins
- Opinion: Is this man the antidote to Donald Trump?
- World: Health care ruling could be costly for government
- Saraki Calls Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- WHO Warns Against Air Pollution-related Deaths
- Committee Under Fire To Release Report On Asawase Police Killings
- Experts To Green Northern Ghana
- Bongo: Agriculture Activities Affected Due To Lack Of Good Bridges
- Blame NDC on DTV Migration Delay, Not NPP
- ‘Communications Ministry Always Disgracing Gov’t’
- LEAP Currently Serving Over 456,000 Households
- Kumbungu Youth Chief On Police Wanted List
- Habitat Fair Offers Great Deals
- This Is The Most Photographed House In Africa
- Ghanaian Striker Seth Painstil Scores Again As Admira Beat Wacker In Austria
- Cameroon Captain Benjamin Moukandjo Retires From International Football
- CAF Confederation Cup: Enyimba Clobber Rwandan Side Rayon Sports To Book Last Four Spot
- Lacazette And Aubameyang Earn Arsenal Win Over Everton
- Opinion: Welcome to college. Your parents are in the tents next door
- World: Armed with a laptop and a spreadsheet, he takes on the city's biggest landlords
- Politics: How 2 guys in a Connecticut jail cell helped change the way America does drugs
- Entertainment: Life is a cabaret (and Alan Cumming is tending bar)
- World: Hurricane Florence has gone, but challenges for the Carolinas have just begun
- Finance: Wall Street's convinced that Tesla will need to raise more cash — and has some theories about how and when that may happen (TSLA)
- World: Nigerian herders' biggest fear: Not lions, but farmers
- World: Talk of the 25th amendment underscores a volatile presidency
- World: Tentative deal reached for Aavanaugh accuser to testify on Thursday
- World: Japan vows to cut its nuclear hoard. Neighbors fear the opposite
- World: China demands US. Withdraw sanctions imposed over military purchases from Russia
- Sports: The Buffalo Bills are running up the score on the Vikings just a week after a loss so bad that a player retired at halftime
- Opinion: Always on the hunt for something cool
- Group To Validate OGP Commitments