As part of efforts aimed at improving the quality education in her constituency, the Member of Parliament (MP) for Prestea Huni-valley, Hon. Lawyer Barbara Oteng-Gyasi, on Friday April 13 presented set of furniture to the Prestea Huni-valley Municipal Education Service at a short ceremony at the Municipal Assembly in Bogoso.
The desks would be distributed to various schools in the Municipality.
The furniture comprised 300 mono desks, 500 dual desks, 400 Hexagonal tables as well as 1,200 chairs.
Presenting the desks, Hon. Lawyer Mrs Barbara Oteng Gyasi said she was supported by the Minerals Development Fund, She said she had decided to commit a greater percentage of her share of the MDF to the provision of educational facilities for schools in the constituency because of the importance of education to society
She promised to add 500 more furniture to the already presented, this she said will limit the inadequate furniture in schools in the municipality.
She advised the Heads of the schools to practise good maintenance culture on the furniture in order to prolong their lifespan, he also promised to raise the necessary resources for electricity to be extended to the schools so that the pupils would have access to the use of computers to help raise the standard of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in the area. I will appeal to parents and guardians to send their children who are of school-going age to school, to enable them become useful citizens in future, she added.
Receiving the desks on behalf of the Municipal Education Service and the schools, chief of Petepom Nana Kwaku Appiah III, thanked the MP for her interest in the development of education in the constituency.
He called on other citizens of the area to also give their support in whatever way possible for the standard of education in the Municipal to be improved
The Municipal Director of Education’s representative commended the MP for her numerous assistance package in support of educational pursuit in the municipal and assured her that the items would be distrubuted evenly and be put into good use so as to justify why they have been presented to them.
He said the only way they could show appreciation to the MP for her good works is to ensure that the people send their children to school.
Img 20180413 132448
Img 20180413 131942
Img 20180413 131337
Img 20180413 131259
Img 20180413 130527
Img 20180413 131142
Img 20180413 130517
Img 20180413 130331
Img 20180413 130310
Img 20180413 130253
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Game Of Marriage 2
- Faye Mpaebo 3
- Tech: A bullet in a shoe and people trampling over each other: Witnesses to the shooting at YouTube recall moments of panic (GOOG, GOOGL)
- Latest Updates & Breaking News of Ghana | News Ghana
- Politics: Russia is using Twitter to crowdsource ways to respond to the US expulsion of its diplomats
- Real Madrid dispatch Kwadwo Asamoah's Juventus 3-0
- Tech: Read the e-mail Google CEO Sundar Pichai sent employees about the YouTube shooting
- Business College International Launches 15th Anniversary Celebrations
- Finance: An Air Canada jet was forced to make an emergency landing after pilots reported smoke in the cockpit
- BCI launches 15th anniversary celebrations
- NDC’s secret deal with US military out
- Opuni, Agongo plead not guilty
- Tony Elumelu Foundation selects 1,000 entrepreneurs for 2018 programme
- David Oscar: "Talent got Stonebwoy the BET award, not riches" - singer fires at Shatta Wale
- Tech: The #DeleteFacebook movement is a strong reminder that none of these so-called 'free' services are truly free (FB)
- Finance: Dow Jones soars as much as 500 points as trade-war fears subside
- Strategy: Chicago's attempt to impress Amazon backfired after it destroyed a 'priceless' graffiti artwork in HQ2 bid clean-up
- Tech: Alphabet's chairman and a Google distinguished engineer won a prestigious $1 million prize
- RTI will be law by end of 2018 – Hamid
- 'If you can't call him 'mi wura', 'nts3', my lord, don't marry him' – Duncan-Williams
- Opuni, Agongo granted GH¢600,000 bail
- State parades 9 Lawyers for Opuni’s trial
- One of Africa’s most promising cities has a trash problem
- Tech: 12 fitness 'truths' that are doing more harm than good
- Tech: The incredible story of the 'Virtual Boy' — Nintendo's VR headset from 1995 that failed spectacularly
- Politics: Kim Jong Un reportedly makes history with first-ever visit to China as head of state
- Diamond Pub & Grill: Has Shatta Michy's pub business collapsed?
- Tech: New FCC order will accelerate 5G rollouts
- Finance: Facebook is officially in a bear market as the FTC confirms a probe into the Cambridge Analytica data scandal (FB)
- Finance: Facebook enters a bear market as the FTC confirms a probe into the Cambridge Analytica data scandal (FB)
- Politics: A doctored photo showing a prominent Parkland shooting survivor ripping up the Constitution went viral on right-wing social media
- Travel Trivia: Male shoppers scoop all prizes in malls' holiday travel trivia final
- Pulse Food: How to make creamy coconut porridge
- Ghana’s Young Swimming Team Buoyant For GC 2018
- Azumah Nelson Fight Night Series Comes To An End
- Opuni faces 25 years jail term - Gloria Akuffo
- NDC buses supporters to court over Opuni trial
- Ghana named amongst top ranked investment destinations in Africa for 2017
- Construction begins for Koforidua Youth and Sports Center
- Sierra Leone court lifts order halting presidential election
- Cavani Scores As Uruguay Beat Wales To Win China Cup