Ghanaian music star Edem has urged his colleague musicians to place more priority on developing their talents rather than focusing on awards.
Edem, who made an appearance on the After Hours show on TV3, argued that, “Awards are man-made, but the talent is God-given and so awards don’t have to be the standard for where you have to go with your talent.”
“I have over 19 award plaques in my home but if I don’t do a relevant song tomorrow it doesn’t matter.
“So, you have to stay with your vision and stay game plan,” he said. “When they award you, appreciate it but awards shouldn’t derail you or demoralize from being an artiste.”
“Go where you want to go with your talent. When people recognize you for it, appreciate it and keep it moving because nobody in this room could tell me who had the Song of the Year four years ago. Nobody remembers,” Edem stated.
Commenting on the recently held VGMA, Edem stated that he believed King Promise and Patapaa deserved awards but insisted that those who won equally deserved the awards.
“This year, I felt King Promise should have won award but I feel that once you are in a category, there is the tendency somebody is going to win,” he told host Mikki Osei Berko.
The ‘Nyedzilo’ hitmaker recently released a new single ‘Fiefour’ which has taken over the airwaves in Ghana.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Eyeing the White House: The Democratic Field
- NDC presidential election slated for 23rd February 2019
- Premium Passport Application Center Set Up To Enable Ghanaians Acquire Passports In A Short Period
- Check history..stop talk (Shatta Wale) Don't study English and History. Study what makes money.
- Christmas Celebration In Ethiopia
- Why Claw Back NAM1 Personal Assets- Gained From Investors Deposits?
- South African Doctor To Build Hospital For Her Rural Folks
- ALJA National President Honored In US
- Breast Care International fetes Kumasi Children’s Home
- The Race To Represent NPP In Parliament: Who Is Who In The Tolon Constituency?
- Sudan president vows reform after deadly protests
- President Akufo-Addo says he's looking forward to 2019 with a "sense of hope and optimism"
- Nigerian billionaire, Femi Otedola, joins Dangote in the refining business
- National Cathedral: Public Concerns Will Be Address – Duncan Williams
- Gov't Has The Power To Confiscate Assets Of Menzgold - Ato Forson
- Two Ghanaians Wants Injunction Placed On Referendum For New Regions
- Electoral Commission Sets January 31, 2019 For Ayawaso West Wuogon Bye-Election
- Ghana Revenue Authority To Auction Forfeited Cars And Goods Dec 27 To Mop-Up Revenue
- Don't study English and History. Study what makes money. That's why Nkrumah's dream is not reality
- Stephen Appiah Gets Special Birthday Message From Juventus
- Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey clarifies 'unhappy' comments
- Mistletoe is actually a tree-killing parasite — here's how it became a Christmas icon
- Signs of better and brighter tomorrow very clear- Akufo-Addo says in Christmas message
- ‘I invest Ghc760,000 all lock inside, if President Akufo-Addo no speak we go die’ – Menzgold customer
- Implement UN conventions on refugee status - Sam George
- Christian Atsu is weakest link in Newcastle United shirt - Fans rating
- Why red and green are the colors of Christmas
- EC sets Januay 31, 2019 for Ayawaso West by-election
- Christmas Greetings To You All
- Obasanjo: It's Our Responsibility To Work For Peace In Nigeria
- Shock As Nigerian Man Dies 3 Weeks To His Wedding
- Musician Continue To Play His Guitar As Doctors Operate On His Brain (Photo)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- We Need Money To Celebrate Christmas - Lagos Bank Robbers
- Late Alex Badeh's Killers Release His Kidnapped Friend
- Powerful trio cast a shadow over Congo poll
- BRING IT ON!: Kotoko-Sharks Proves Ghanaians Are Ready For Regular Football
- Stephen Appiah Receives Condolence From Fenerbahce After Losing Mum
- Christmas: Let us pay attention to the next good – Rev Opuni-Frimpong
- Christians celebrate Christmas today
- Ghanaians ‘have everything to celebrate’ this Christmas – NPP
- Akwa Ibom Finally Approve Big Stadium For Buhari