Ghanaian music star Edem has urged his colleague musicians to place more priority on developing their talents rather than focusing on awards.
Edem, who made an appearance on the After Hours show on TV3, argued that, “Awards are man-made, but the talent is God-given and so awards don’t have to be the standard for where you have to go with your talent.”
“I have over 19 award plaques in my home but if I don’t do a relevant song tomorrow it doesn’t matter.
“So, you have to stay with your vision and stay game plan,” he said. “When they award you, appreciate it but awards shouldn’t derail you or demoralize from being an artiste.”
“Go where you want to go with your talent. When people recognize you for it, appreciate it and keep it moving because nobody in this room could tell me who had the Song of the Year four years ago. Nobody remembers,” Edem stated.
Commenting on the recently held VGMA, Edem stated that he believed King Promise and Patapaa deserved awards but insisted that those who won equally deserved the awards.
“This year, I felt King Promise should have won award but I feel that once you are in a category, there is the tendency somebody is going to win,” he told host Mikki Osei Berko.
The ‘Nyedzilo’ hitmaker recently released a new single ‘Fiefour’ which has taken over the airwaves in Ghana.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Protest In Senate Over Buhari’s Withdrawal of $496m Without Approval
- 26 Pharmacy Students Of KNUST For FAMU 2018 In Florida
- Multimedia Intensifies Justice Campaign For Latif Iddrisu
- Proposal To Elect MMDCEs Was Not Well Thought Out
- Weija Leprosarium Receives Support From GCB Staff
- Ghana's Debt Reported To Hit Distressed Levels 3 Years Running
- Journalist Assaulted At NPP Greater Accra Elections Fights Back
- Finance: 'There is no time to lose:' Deutsche Bank is embarking on a major overhaul — and it will lead to big job losses
- Opposition Party: NDC accused of printing NPP T-Shirts for propaganda
- TRAGIC! Man Who Survived Helicopter Crash Gets Sliced To Death During Rescue By Another Chopper
- Dear Buhari, what if the youths are lazy and entitled?
- Subsidy increasing as rising oil price pushes petrol landing cost higher
- Prisoner Or Patient? The Fate Of Ghana’s Mentally Ill Offender
- Bugri Naabu In Critical Condition After An Accident, Airlifted To Accra For Medical Treatment
- Mr. President, Why This Unfair Treatment?
- BOG’s Bitter Yet Necessary Pills
- My Birthday Wishes And Prayers As A Police Officer
- Woman Kills Daughter At Korle-Gonno
- 8th Pre-Harvest Agribusiness Conference And Exhibition Launched
- 2 Nigerien Robbers Arrested At Weija
- Murder Of Journalist Couple In Bangladesh!
- Peace Council Indicts NDC
- Former Asante Kotoko PRO Taunts Hearts of Oak Ahead Of Sunday's Super Clash
- BREAKING NEWS... George Afriyie To Lose Position At CAF
- Zylofon Media Sponsorship Deal Will Benefit All Ghanaian Football Fan - Sannie Daara
- Hearts of Oak Supporters Chief In Ashanti Region Assures Team Of Safety Ahead Of Kotoko Clash
- At Argentina Football Club, Maradona Is God, Messi Is Adam
- Kasapreko, Two Others To Sponsor Beach Soccer Unity Cup
- Ashie's Opponent, Arrives For WBO Africa Clash On Friday
- Kofi Boakye Declares Interest In Contesting Cycling Presidency
- Sports Ministry To Take On Some Of YEA Sports Programme Recruits
- World Cup Boost For Egypt And Mohamed Elneny
- We have not sponsored anyone - Dan Botwe
- No turning back on banking reforms – Central Bank
- Businesses must realign to changing payment landscape – GhIPSS
- Jordan Ayew enjoying life at Swansea after Aston Villa nightmare
- Wake up – Rawlings tells African leaders
- Cargill sees balanced cocoa market, growth in local processing
- Kumi Guitar: Highlife singer hospitalised
- Ghanaian Players Abroad: Patrick Twumasi bags brace for Astana
- Ekow Blankson: Ace actor apologise for calling new crop of actors as bunch of jokers
- Politics: Women have shared 8 ways they got over the insecurity of being cheated on — and some of the answers make a lot of sense