The Ghana Football Association has been given the clearance to continue with the Premier League during the 2018 FIFA World Cup finals in Russia.
A directive from FIFA that all leagues must end before the commencement of World Cup on June 14 meant the Ghanaian topflight which made a late start would be suspended.
However, FIFA have granted the GFA a special dispensation to continue with its domestic programme during the global showpiece in order to be able to meet the Confederation of African Football’s (CAF) deadline for the registration of clubs and players who will qualify and take part in the 2019 CAF inter-club competitions.
The publication from the FIFA website read: ‘World soccer-governing body, FIFA has granted Ghana a special dispensation to continue with the Ghana Premier League and the Division One League during the Russia 2018 World Cup, which kicks off in June.
”Following the late kick off of the league, which has left the GFA far behind its calendar, the GFA requested FIFA to grant it a special dispensation to continue with it’s domestic programme during the world cup in order to be able to meet the Confederation of African Football’s (CAF) deadline for the registration of clubs and players who will qualify and take part in the 2019 CAF inter-club competitions.
”FIFA has no issue with the Ghanaian leagues continuing to play as long as players selected on the release lists of Participating Member Associations taking part in the 2018 FIFA World Cup are released to their federations as of 21 May 2018”, stated the FIFA letter which was signed by Deputy Secretary-General, Zvonimir Boban.
Ghana failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 2006.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Eyeing the White House: The Democratic Field
- NDC presidential election slated for 23rd February 2019
- National Cathedral: Public Concerns Will Be Address – Duncan Williams
- Mistletoe is actually a tree-killing parasite — here's how it became a Christmas icon
- ‘I invest Ghc760,000 all lock inside, if President Akufo-Addo no speak we go die’ – Menzgold customer
- Implement UN conventions on refugee status - Sam George
- Christian Atsu is weakest link in Newcastle United shirt - Fans rating
- Why red and green are the colors of Christmas
- EC sets Januay 31, 2019 for Ayawaso West by-election
- Christmas Greetings To You All
- Obasanjo: It's Our Responsibility To Work For Peace In Nigeria
- Shock As Nigerian Man Dies 3 Weeks To His Wedding
- Musician Continue To Play His Guitar As Doctors Operate On His Brain (Photo)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- We Need Money To Celebrate Christmas - Lagos Bank Robbers
- Late Alex Badeh's Killers Release His Kidnapped Friend
- Powerful trio cast a shadow over Congo poll
- BRING IT ON!: Kotoko-Sharks Proves Ghanaians Are Ready For Regular Football
- Stephen Appiah Receives Condolence From Fenerbahce After Losing Mum
- Christmas: Let us pay attention to the next good – Rev Opuni-Frimpong
- Christians celebrate Christmas today
- Ghanaians ‘have everything to celebrate’ this Christmas – NPP
- Akwa Ibom Finally Approve Big Stadium For Buhari
- Robbers Kill OAU Student For Refusing To Surrender iPhone
- President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians
- Drunk BRT Driver Flees After Knocking Down Naval Officer’s Wife In Lagos
- Nigeria resolves $8 bln row with MTN
- All Set For Cabic Christmas Eve Fight Night Boxing at Bukom Boxing Arena
- Jessie Lartey Commends Boxing Ghana
- Thomas Partey denies being unhappy at Atletico Madrid
- Be careful corruption doesn't ‘kill’ your Government – IMANI warns Akufo-Addo
- Summer Hills Estates: Where we call home
- LIVESTREAMING: Badwam on Adom TV
- EC sets date for Ayawaso West-Wuogon by-election
- CBN, MTN resolve forex repatriation issue as MTN agrees to pay $52.6 million
- 5 things to remove from your wedding budget in 2018
- 4 signs of a bad girlfriend
- 4 signs your girlfriend is a marriage material
- Ghana Revenue Authority to auction forfeited cars and goods on Dec 27
- Former Black Stars captain, Stephen Appiah, writes an emotional tribute to late mother
- Oti Referendum: Police intercept guns, ammunition
- 'Live a Live That Reflects Christ Nature' - Church of Pentecost