Three police officers stationed at the Weija District Police Command have been arrested by the Anti Robbery Squad for allegedly hiring out their assigned AK47 rifles to armed robbers.
A source close to the police said two of the police officers stationed at Kokrobite and another stationed at the Weija District Police Command allegedly hired the guns to the robbers over the weekend.
According to the source, after the officers handed over the guns to the robbers, who had planned to go for an operation on Saturday evening, they were involved in an accident.
An ex-police officer who did not know the accident victims were robbers took them to the hospital for treatment. On the way to the hospital, he overheard the armed robbers saying they had left their guns behind.
The armed robbers were scared the police officers who allegedly hired them the guns will be in trouble. This prompted the ex-police officer to alert the police command to look into the issue.
The police questioned the armed robbers who disclosed that indeed some officers had given out the guns for their operations.
The source claims the police officers were asked and they confirmed that the guns in question were theirs.
The full names of the suspects have not been made public but the source said two of them are referred to as Biggie and Stanley.
Weija District Police Commander, DSP Joseph Afuakpah told Adom News’ Kofi Adjei that the incident was a big blow to them but said he wasn’t in the position to further speak on the matter.
He said the case is being handled by the Anti-Robbery Unit of the Ghana Police Service.
DSP Joseph Afuakpah added that the three police officers have been handed over to the Regional Police Command for further investigations.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Eyeing the White House: The Democratic Field
- NDC presidential election slated for 23rd February 2019
- National Cathedral: Public Concerns Will Be Address – Duncan Williams
- Gov't Has The Power To Confiscate Assets Of Menzgold - Ato Forson
- Two Ghanaians Wants Injunction Placed On Referendum For New Regions
- Electoral Commission Sets January 31, 2019 For Ayawaso West Wuogon Bye-Election
- Ghana Revenue Authority To Auction Forfeited Cars And Goods Dec 27 To Mop-Up Revenue
- Stephen Appiah Gets Special Birthday Message From Juventus
- Mistletoe is actually a tree-killing parasite — here's how it became a Christmas icon
- Signs of better and brighter tomorrow very clear- Akufo-Addo says in Christmas message
- ‘I invest Ghc760,000 all lock inside, if President Akufo-Addo no speak we go die’ – Menzgold customer
- Implement UN conventions on refugee status - Sam George
- Christian Atsu is weakest link in Newcastle United shirt - Fans rating
- Why red and green are the colors of Christmas
- EC sets Januay 31, 2019 for Ayawaso West by-election
- Christmas Greetings To You All
- Obasanjo: It's Our Responsibility To Work For Peace In Nigeria
- Shock As Nigerian Man Dies 3 Weeks To His Wedding
- Musician Continue To Play His Guitar As Doctors Operate On His Brain (Photo)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- We Need Money To Celebrate Christmas - Lagos Bank Robbers
- Late Alex Badeh's Killers Release His Kidnapped Friend
- Powerful trio cast a shadow over Congo poll
- BRING IT ON!: Kotoko-Sharks Proves Ghanaians Are Ready For Regular Football
- Stephen Appiah Receives Condolence From Fenerbahce After Losing Mum
- Christmas: Let us pay attention to the next good – Rev Opuni-Frimpong
- Christians celebrate Christmas today
- Ghanaians ‘have everything to celebrate’ this Christmas – NPP
- Akwa Ibom Finally Approve Big Stadium For Buhari
- Robbers Kill OAU Student For Refusing To Surrender iPhone
- President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians
- Drunk BRT Driver Flees After Knocking Down Naval Officer’s Wife In Lagos
- Nigeria resolves $8 bln row with MTN
- All Set For Cabic Christmas Eve Fight Night Boxing at Bukom Boxing Arena
- Jessie Lartey Commends Boxing Ghana
- Thomas Partey denies being unhappy at Atletico Madrid
- Be careful corruption doesn't ‘kill’ your Government – IMANI warns Akufo-Addo
- Summer Hills Estates: Where we call home
- LIVESTREAMING: Badwam on Adom TV
- EC sets date for Ayawaso West-Wuogon by-election
- CBN, MTN resolve forex repatriation issue as MTN agrees to pay $52.6 million
- 5 things to remove from your wedding budget in 2018