The Public relations officer for the National Health Insurance Scheme, Mr. Barima Sarpong has said on Neat FM today that the New Patriotic Party (NPP) government has cleared I billion Ghana cedis out of the 1.2 billion Ghana cedis debt left by the Mahama administration.
Speaking earlier this morning on the Neat FM morning show, he confirmed it Is true the government has helped them pay 1 billion Ghana cedis of the debt owed as the government stated.
Speaking on the program, the spokesperson for NHIS, explained the debt was left by the past government and since the current government assumed office last year January, they have been paying moneys to the health scheme in installment on monthly basis.
Mr. Sarpong further explained it is not only the NHIS debt that the government has helped with, but they have also since last year been making sure health service providers that have ties with NHIS get their payment.
“Due to this, most of NHIS health service providers have received payment for their services rendered covering up to last year November”.
He also confirms as at now government has paid health providers in the Ashanti Region up to August, health service providers in the Central Region are covered up t last year August, those in Greater Accra have been paid covering the month of November with those In Volta region having received payment up to last year October.
Still on the issue, the PRO added, It is a joy and encouraging to have a government who is willing to do what it promises.
We have confidence that government will clear the remaining of the debt in the coming months, he emphasized.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Protest In Senate Over Buhari’s Withdrawal of $496m Without Approval
- 26 Pharmacy Students Of KNUST For FAMU 2018 In Florida
- Multimedia Intensifies Justice Campaign For Latif Iddrisu
- Proposal To Elect MMDCEs Was Not Well Thought Out
- Weija Leprosarium Receives Support From GCB Staff
- Finance: 'There is no time to lose:' Deutsche Bank is embarking on a major overhaul — and it will lead to big job losses
- TRAGIC! Man Who Survived Helicopter Crash Gets Sliced To Death During Rescue By Another Chopper
- Dear Buhari, what if the youths are lazy and entitled?
- Subsidy increasing as rising oil price pushes petrol landing cost higher
- Prisoner Or Patient? The Fate Of Ghana’s Mentally Ill Offender
- Bugri Naabu In Critical Condition After An Accident, Airlifted To Accra For Medical Treatment
- Mr. President, Why This Unfair Treatment?
- BOG’s Bitter Yet Necessary Pills
- My Birthday Wishes And Prayers As A Police Officer
- Woman Kills Daughter At Korle-Gonno
- 8th Pre-Harvest Agribusiness Conference And Exhibition Launched
- 2 Nigerien Robbers Arrested At Weija
- Murder Of Journalist Couple In Bangladesh!
- Peace Council Indicts NDC
- Former Asante Kotoko PRO Taunts Hearts of Oak Ahead Of Sunday's Super Clash
- BREAKING NEWS... George Afriyie To Lose Position At CAF
- Zylofon Media Sponsorship Deal Will Benefit All Ghanaian Football Fan - Sannie Daara
- Hearts of Oak Supporters Chief In Ashanti Region Assures Team Of Safety Ahead Of Kotoko Clash
- At Argentina Football Club, Maradona Is God, Messi Is Adam
- Kasapreko, Two Others To Sponsor Beach Soccer Unity Cup
- Ashie's Opponent, Arrives For WBO Africa Clash On Friday
- Kofi Boakye Declares Interest In Contesting Cycling Presidency
- Sports Ministry To Take On Some Of YEA Sports Programme Recruits
- World Cup Boost For Egypt And Mohamed Elneny
- We have not sponsored anyone - Dan Botwe
- No turning back on banking reforms – Central Bank
- Businesses must realign to changing payment landscape – GhIPSS
- Jordan Ayew enjoying life at Swansea after Aston Villa nightmare
- Kumi Guitar: Highlife singer hospitalised
- Ghanaian Players Abroad: Patrick Twumasi bags brace for Astana
- Ekow Blankson: Ace actor apologise for calling new crop of actors as bunch of jokers
- Politics: Women have shared 8 ways they got over the insecurity of being cheated on — and some of the answers make a lot of sense
- Top Scorer: Jordan Ayew is a happy person at Swansea than he was at Aston Villa
- Photos: Bisa Kdei launches “Highlife Konnect” album in colourful African set-up
- Politics: A 28-year-old Instagram star and amateur stuntman has reportedly died in a motorcycle crash in New Zealand
- Anas Exposé: ECOWAS court places injunction against impeachment of 3 'corrupt' judges
- Homosexuality: Only God can deliver homosexuals - Lawyer Foh-Amoaning