A bus crash Wednesday dawn has killed three persons in the Western Region and left several others seriously injured.
The Elubo-bound bus, which was travelling from Aflao in the Volta Region, collided head on with a tipper truck between Beposo and Assorko Essamun at a spot where a speed ramp is being constructed by the Ghana Highway Authority.
It is unclear what caused the accident at about 4:15am but many suspect it might have been the results of the ongoing ramp construction since one side of the road had been blocked.
Western Regional MTTD boss, Chief Superintendent Richard Appiah, who confirmed the accident to 3news said the deceased and the injured been taken to the St Benedict Hospital and Effia-Nkwanta Hospital respectively for treatment.There were 53 passengers on the bus with registration number Freedom 1 -15, the Police MTTD said.Both the bus and the tipper truck registered GE 3350-14, which was traveling from Inchaban area towards Beposo, have been towed from the road for free flow of traffic.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Protest In Senate Over Buhari’s Withdrawal of $496m Without Approval
- 26 Pharmacy Students Of KNUST For FAMU 2018 In Florida
- Multimedia Intensifies Justice Campaign For Latif Iddrisu
- Proposal To Elect MMDCEs Was Not Well Thought Out
- Finance: 'There is no time to lose:' Deutsche Bank is embarking on a major overhaul — and it will lead to big job losses
- TRAGIC! Man Who Survived Helicopter Crash Gets Sliced To Death During Rescue By Another Chopper
- Dear Buhari, what if the youths are lazy and entitled?
- Subsidy increasing as rising oil price pushes petrol landing cost higher
- Prisoner Or Patient? The Fate Of Ghana’s Mentally Ill Offender
- Bugri Naabu In Critical Condition After An Accident, Airlifted To Accra For Medical Treatment
- Mr. President, Why This Unfair Treatment?
- BOG’s Bitter Yet Necessary Pills
- My Birthday Wishes And Prayers As A Police Officer
- Woman Kills Daughter At Korle-Gonno
- 8th Pre-Harvest Agribusiness Conference And Exhibition Launched
- 2 Nigerien Robbers Arrested At Weija
- Murder Of Journalist Couple In Bangladesh!
- Peace Council Indicts NDC
- Former Asante Kotoko PRO Taunts Hearts of Oak Ahead Of Sunday's Super Clash
- BREAKING NEWS... George Afriyie To Lose Position At CAF
- Zylofon Media Sponsorship Deal Will Benefit All Ghanaian Football Fan - Sannie Daara
- Hearts of Oak Supporters Chief In Ashanti Region Assures Team Of Safety Ahead Of Kotoko Clash
- At Argentina Football Club, Maradona Is God, Messi Is Adam
- Kasapreko, Two Others To Sponsor Beach Soccer Unity Cup
- Ashie's Opponent, Arrives For WBO Africa Clash On Friday
- Kofi Boakye Declares Interest In Contesting Cycling Presidency
- Sports Ministry To Take On Some Of YEA Sports Programme Recruits
- World Cup Boost For Egypt And Mohamed Elneny
- Kumi Guitar: Highlife singer hospitalised
- Ghanaian Players Abroad: Patrick Twumasi bags brace for Astana
- Ekow Blankson: Ace actor apologise for calling new crop of actors as bunch of jokers
- Politics: Women have shared 8 ways they got over the insecurity of being cheated on — and some of the answers make a lot of sense
- Top Scorer: Jordan Ayew is a happy person at Swansea than he was at Aston Villa
- Photos: Bisa Kdei launches “Highlife Konnect” album in colourful African set-up
- Politics: A 28-year-old Instagram star and amateur stuntman has reportedly died in a motorcycle crash in New Zealand
- Anas Exposé: ECOWAS court places injunction against impeachment of 3 'corrupt' judges
- Homosexuality: Only God can deliver homosexuals - Lawyer Foh-Amoaning
- Tech: Prince Harry has asked his brother William to be his best man
- Cowbell Gold joins the family of the nutritious Cowbell range of products
- Politics: All options for the Irish border after Brexit will damage Northern Ireland's economy, leaked analysis shows
- Road Carnage: Bugri Naabu involved in accident, flown to Accra for treatment
- Double Salary Saga: NPP gov't shielding 'corrupt' NDC MPs - Kennedy Agyapong