Archie Hesse, CEO of GhIPSS
The Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Interbank Payment and Settlement Systems Limited (GhIPSS) Archie Hesse has denied claims by the former deputy governor of the Central Bank that they were involved in the engagement that led to the award of the Interoperability contract.
Former deputy governor Johnson Asiama has claimed that although GhiPSS was deeply involved in the process from the beginning, they were not given the project because they lacked the financial muscle to independently carry it through.
“They were always involved and you could talk to their management. We involved them deeply. GhIPSS did not have the financial muscle to execute the project…I had seen their documents…unless their boss was falsifying the documents for us,” he told Starr News Tuesday.
Responding to the claim on Morning Starr Wednesday, Mr. Hesse told host Francis Abban that GhiPSS was only introduced to the project after the contract had been awarded.
“Our aim is not to make profit. We will rather break even and have all citizens using the platforms. GhiPSS wasn’t part of the bidding process. After the contract was awarded, the company that won the bidding was asked to integrate into our system. We have a whole range of products and services to offer but if another entity has been assigned to do that, we just have to focus on what the entity cannot take care of,” he said.
He also said they are in the position to pay back the loan being given them to execute the project by the Central bank.
“We look at the cost of our operations. Sustainability is very key to us…profitability is not that important to us. If we are able to migrate Ghana to a cashless society, it means the Central Bank will not have to use too much cash to get cash printed and those funds can be channeled elsewhere. We are confident that with the number of products we are offering and will be offering in the next 5 years, we will be able to repay the loan”.
The controversial Mobile Money Interoperability platform which was launched by the Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia has been executed by the Ghana Interbank Payment and Settlement Systems Limited (GhIPSS) for 4million Ghana cedis, a huge reduction from the GHC4.6 billion earmarked for the project by the previous administration. The previous managers of the Central bank have denied the claim accusing government of playing propaganda with the issue.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- BREAKING: CBN Revokes Skye Bank’s License
- Two Men Fight Over Who'll Sit At Front Seat Of A Bus In Lagos
- How People React To Adebayo Shittu Skipping NYSC
- Why PDP Lost In 2015 But Will Win In 2019 – Kwankwaso
- Dogara: APC, PDP In Serious Battle For Control Of House
- Davido's Family Account Freezing By EFCC: PDP Slams Buhari
- Democracy Should Work For The People
- Audit Service Chair Should Resign
- AGI Applauds Decision To Implement CTN Without Charges
- Luv FM High School Debate Lines Up Prempeh College vs Armed Forces; YAGSS vs KUGISS
- KMA Committee To Validate Shop Owners At Kejetia
- Standards And Poor's Global Lauds Ghana's Monetary Policy
- Boxing: Canelo beats GGG on points to win WBC and WBA middleweight titles
- Horrific: Blind woman raped, impregnated, left with HIV
- Politics: How a no-deal Brexit could cripple Britain
- Economic Outlook: S&P raises Ghana's credit ratings to B with stable outlook
- Loaded Fuel Tanker Falls In Lagos, Emergency Officials Rescue The Situation (Photos)
- Akpabio and APC Leaders Attend Prayers For Buhari (Photo)
- ‘I Called Them Before I Have S*x With My Wife’ — Man Hypnotised By Scammers
- APC Lawmaker Caught Bathing In Market Ahead Of Osun Election
- 2019: PDP Strong Presidential Aspirants and Their Chances
- Flood Destroys 35 Edo Communities, Renders 30,000 Homeless
- Nigeria Ranks Among Least Performing Economies
- Journalist Becomes First Female LG Boss In Anambra
- Presidency attacks HSBC over report on Buhari poor leadership
- Government Should Drastically Deal With BOST Oil Issues
- Free SHS And Double Track System Crucial
- Kenyan Eliud Kipchoge sets new marathon world record
- Akufo-Addo Claims Collapsed Banks Minimised Job Losses
- We Cannot Send People's Children To Private Schools
- I'm Not Responsible For Stacy's Death--Obengfo Doctor
- Collapse Of Banks Costs Taxpayers GHC12.7 Billion
- Atukwei Is Still Here With Us
- Kantanka’s Engine Display on Company’s Website Is Perfectly Savvy, Here’s Why
- The Development Of HIV Out Of The Virus Infectious Anemia Of Horses
- Chiefs applaud President for solid performance
- Forestry Commission destroys 8 hectors of food crops at Desiri
- Twenty sex workers arrested as MCE clamps down on brothels
- Asiedu Nketia forcibly seized microphone from National Chairman - Allotey Jacobs
- Kejetia Redevelopment: KMA inaugurates 11 member committee to validate traders
- Fitness: This 20 minute cardio circuit lets you ditch the treadmill
- Girl Smarts: 14 ways you can help if you think a loved one is suicidal