Archie Hesse, CEO of GhIPSS
The Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Interbank Payment and Settlement Systems Limited (GhIPSS) Archie Hesse has denied claims by the former deputy governor of the Central Bank that they were involved in the engagement that led to the award of the Interoperability contract.
Former deputy governor Johnson Asiama has claimed that although GhiPSS was deeply involved in the process from the beginning, they were not given the project because they lacked the financial muscle to independently carry it through.
“They were always involved and you could talk to their management. We involved them deeply. GhIPSS did not have the financial muscle to execute the project…I had seen their documents…unless their boss was falsifying the documents for us,” he told Starr News Tuesday.
Responding to the claim on Morning Starr Wednesday, Mr. Hesse told host Francis Abban that GhiPSS was only introduced to the project after the contract had been awarded.
“Our aim is not to make profit. We will rather break even and have all citizens using the platforms. GhiPSS wasn’t part of the bidding process. After the contract was awarded, the company that won the bidding was asked to integrate into our system. We have a whole range of products and services to offer but if another entity has been assigned to do that, we just have to focus on what the entity cannot take care of,” he said.
He also said they are in the position to pay back the loan being given them to execute the project by the Central bank.
“We look at the cost of our operations. Sustainability is very key to us…profitability is not that important to us. If we are able to migrate Ghana to a cashless society, it means the Central Bank will not have to use too much cash to get cash printed and those funds can be channeled elsewhere. We are confident that with the number of products we are offering and will be offering in the next 5 years, we will be able to repay the loan”.
The controversial Mobile Money Interoperability platform which was launched by the Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia has been executed by the Ghana Interbank Payment and Settlement Systems Limited (GhIPSS) for 4million Ghana cedis, a huge reduction from the GHC4.6 billion earmarked for the project by the previous administration. The previous managers of the Central bank have denied the claim accusing government of playing propaganda with the issue.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Eyeing the White House: The Democratic Field
- NDC presidential election slated for 23rd February 2019
- Premium Passport Application Center Set Up To Enable Ghanaians Acquire Passports In A Short Period
- Check history..stop talk (Shatta Wale) Don't study English and History. Study what makes money.
- Christmas Celebration In Ethiopia
- Why Claw Back NAM1 Personal Assets- Gained From Investors Deposits?
- South African Doctor To Build Hospital For Her Rural Folks
- ALJA National President Honored In US
- Breast Care International fetes Kumasi Children’s Home
- The Race To Represent NPP In Parliament: Who Is Who In The Tolon Constituency?
- Sudan president vows reform after deadly protests
- President Akufo-Addo says he's looking forward to 2019 with a "sense of hope and optimism"
- Nigerian billionaire, Femi Otedola, joins Dangote in the refining business
- National Cathedral: Public Concerns Will Be Address – Duncan Williams
- Gov't Has The Power To Confiscate Assets Of Menzgold - Ato Forson
- Two Ghanaians Wants Injunction Placed On Referendum For New Regions
- Electoral Commission Sets January 31, 2019 For Ayawaso West Wuogon Bye-Election
- Ghana Revenue Authority To Auction Forfeited Cars And Goods Dec 27 To Mop-Up Revenue
- Don't study English and History. Study what makes money. That's why Nkrumah's dream is not reality
- Stephen Appiah Gets Special Birthday Message From Juventus
- Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey clarifies 'unhappy' comments
- Mistletoe is actually a tree-killing parasite — here's how it became a Christmas icon
- Signs of better and brighter tomorrow very clear- Akufo-Addo says in Christmas message
- ‘I invest Ghc760,000 all lock inside, if President Akufo-Addo no speak we go die’ – Menzgold customer
- Implement UN conventions on refugee status - Sam George
- Christian Atsu is weakest link in Newcastle United shirt - Fans rating
- Why red and green are the colors of Christmas
- EC sets Januay 31, 2019 for Ayawaso West by-election
- Christmas Greetings To You All
- Obasanjo: It's Our Responsibility To Work For Peace In Nigeria
- Shock As Nigerian Man Dies 3 Weeks To His Wedding
- Musician Continue To Play His Guitar As Doctors Operate On His Brain (Photo)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- We Need Money To Celebrate Christmas - Lagos Bank Robbers
- Late Alex Badeh's Killers Release His Kidnapped Friend
- Powerful trio cast a shadow over Congo poll
- BRING IT ON!: Kotoko-Sharks Proves Ghanaians Are Ready For Regular Football
- Stephen Appiah Receives Condolence From Fenerbahce After Losing Mum
- Christmas: Let us pay attention to the next good – Rev Opuni-Frimpong
- Christians celebrate Christmas today
- Ghanaians ‘have everything to celebrate’ this Christmas – NPP
- Akwa Ibom Finally Approve Big Stadium For Buhari