The Chairman of the Appointments Committee of Parliament Joe Osei-Owusu has expressed satisfaction in the answers given to questions by members of the committee by deputy Special prosecutor-nominee Cynthia Lamptey when she appeared for vetting today, Wednesday, 16 May 2018 May 16.
Speaking to the media after the vetting, Mr. Osei-Owusu said members of the committee are satisfied with “her performance”.
Mrs. Lamptey who will be deputy to Martin Amidu, if approved by Parliament, among other things told the committee she will resign from the post if she is sidelined.
“…If I should face something of that sort I will resign because I wasn’t put there just for a cosmetic sake. I was put there to work,” she told the Appointments Committee of Parliament Wednesday.
“I cannot be a puppet over there,” she stressed.
Lamptey will be deputy to veteran lawyer Martin Amidu if she sails through vetting at Parliament, reuniting the two having worked together at the Attorney General’s Department when the latter was the minister under the Mills administration.
As the country’s chief prosecutor, Lamptey handled several high-profile prosecutions including the case of the alleged stealing of GhC86.9 million by an Executive Director of the National Service Scheme and the criminal prosecution of Alfred Agbesi Woyome.
Lamptey who told the Committee that she is incorruptible further stated that she is prepared to undertake all roles assigned to her by Amidu in order to ensure the success of the office if she is approved by Parliament.
According to her, her knowledge of the former Attorney General’s work ethics makes it easy for her to be able to work with him effectively at the new anti-graft agency.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- 26 Pharmacy Students Of KNUST For FAMU 2018 In Florida
- Multimedia Intensifies Justice Campaign For Latif Iddrisu
- Proposal To Elect MMDCEs Was Not Well Thought Out
- TRAGIC! Man Who Survived Helicopter Crash Gets Sliced To Death During Rescue By Another Chopper
- Dear Buhari, what if the youths are lazy and entitled?
- Subsidy increasing as rising oil price pushes petrol landing cost higher
- Prisoner Or Patient? The Fate Of Ghana’s Mentally Ill Offender
- Bugri Naabu In Critical Condition After An Accident, Airlifted To Accra For Medical Treatment
- Mr. President, Why This Unfair Treatment?
- BOG’s Bitter Yet Necessary Pills
- My Birthday Wishes And Prayers As A Police Officer
- Woman Kills Daughter At Korle-Gonno
- 8th Pre-Harvest Agribusiness Conference And Exhibition Launched
- 2 Nigerien Robbers Arrested At Weija
- Murder Of Journalist Couple In Bangladesh!
- Peace Council Indicts NDC
- Former Asante Kotoko PRO Taunts Hearts of Oak Ahead Of Sunday's Super Clash
- BREAKING NEWS... George Afriyie To Lose Position At CAF
- Zylofon Media Sponsorship Deal Will Benefit All Ghanaian Football Fan - Sannie Daara
- Hearts of Oak Supporters Chief In Ashanti Region Assures Team Of Safety Ahead Of Kotoko Clash
- At Argentina Football Club, Maradona Is God, Messi Is Adam
- Kasapreko, Two Others To Sponsor Beach Soccer Unity Cup
- Ashie's Opponent, Arrives For WBO Africa Clash On Friday
- Kofi Boakye Declares Interest In Contesting Cycling Presidency
- Sports Ministry To Take On Some Of YEA Sports Programme Recruits
- World Cup Boost For Egypt And Mohamed Elneny
- Kumi Guitar: Highlife singer hospitalised
- Ghanaian Players Abroad: Patrick Twumasi bags brace for Astana
- Ekow Blankson: Ace actor apologise for calling new crop of actors as bunch of jokers
- Politics: Women have shared 8 ways they got over the insecurity of being cheated on — and some of the answers make a lot of sense
- Top Scorer: Jordan Ayew is a happy person at Swansea than he was at Aston Villa
- Photos: Bisa Kdei launches “Highlife Konnect” album in colourful African set-up
- Politics: A 28-year-old Instagram star and amateur stuntman has reportedly died in a motorcycle crash in New Zealand
- Anas Exposé: ECOWAS court places injunction against impeachment of 3 'corrupt' judges
- Homosexuality: Only God can deliver homosexuals - Lawyer Foh-Amoaning
- Tech: Prince Harry has asked his brother William to be his best man
- Cowbell Gold joins the family of the nutritious Cowbell range of products
- Politics: All options for the Irish border after Brexit will damage Northern Ireland's economy, leaked analysis shows
- Road Carnage: Bugri Naabu involved in accident, flown to Accra for treatment
- Double Salary Saga: NPP gov't shielding 'corrupt' NDC MPs - Kennedy Agyapong
- Tech: Facebook will label all political ads in the UK as it tries to clean up the Cambridge Analytica mess (FB)
- Politics: Exclusive: Theresa May warned she will be ousted by Tory MPs for customs union 'betrayal'