The Chairman of the Appointments Committee of Parliament Joe Osei-Owusu has expressed satisfaction in the answers given to questions by members of the committee by deputy Special prosecutor-nominee Cynthia Lamptey when she appeared for vetting today, Wednesday, 16 May 2018 May 16.
Speaking to the media after the vetting, Mr. Osei-Owusu said members of the committee are satisfied with “her performance”.
Mrs. Lamptey who will be deputy to Martin Amidu, if approved by Parliament, among other things told the committee she will resign from the post if she is sidelined.
“…If I should face something of that sort I will resign because I wasn’t put there just for a cosmetic sake. I was put there to work,” she told the Appointments Committee of Parliament Wednesday.
“I cannot be a puppet over there,” she stressed.
Lamptey will be deputy to veteran lawyer Martin Amidu if she sails through vetting at Parliament, reuniting the two having worked together at the Attorney General’s Department when the latter was the minister under the Mills administration.
As the country’s chief prosecutor, Lamptey handled several high-profile prosecutions including the case of the alleged stealing of GhC86.9 million by an Executive Director of the National Service Scheme and the criminal prosecution of Alfred Agbesi Woyome.
Lamptey who told the Committee that she is incorruptible further stated that she is prepared to undertake all roles assigned to her by Amidu in order to ensure the success of the office if she is approved by Parliament.
According to her, her knowledge of the former Attorney General’s work ethics makes it easy for her to be able to work with him effectively at the new anti-graft agency.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- National Labour Commission Seeking Clearance To Charge Clients For Services
- Societe General To Meet Minimum Capital By September
- Professorial Research Chair In Petroleum Engineering To Be Established At KNUST
- Migrants taking Niger route to Europe falls 95%, says EU
- Antonio Conte Issues Statement Thanking Chelsea
- Nigeria to bring back stranded football fans from Russia
- Mandela's 'long walk to freedom' has just begun: widow
- Beauty Tips: How to get rid of stretch marks with aloe vera
- Augustin Dennis: DKB doesn't know enough about comedy to teach me how to write jokes - comedian
- World Cup 2018: France receive Hero's welcome after World Cup glory
- Ga Rural Bank records 66.22 per cent profit
- Court grants bail to car dealer
- Wobbling Ghana Cedi affects prices of grains in Wa
- Driver’s Mate jailed ten years for defilement
- Teacher remanded over countless sex with JHS leaver
- Africa’s economic growth fails to create jobs – report
- Gushegu communities stop open defecation
- Female teacher trainee performance increases
- BMW Club, auto community hold blood donation exercise
- Amponsah proposes refined league structure for Ghana football
- Villagers kill 300 CROCODILES in revenge over 1 crocodile killing a farmer
- ‘Ask a sensible question’- Kuami Eugene blasts Twitter fan who asked about his dressing
- Reekado Banks – Pull Up
- 7 Years Down The Line: Any Lessons From Gaddafi’s Demise For Africa Leaders?
- B/A: Tano North NDC Swears In New Executives
- 'Ghana's Economy In Crisis' - Minority
- Ghana Finance Week Slated For August 2018
- Professor Atukwei Okine Was A Literary Giant - And Foremost Pan-Africanist
- #EkitiDecides2018: My Takeaways
- A Reputation Worth Its Weight in Gold
- Bantama Traders Cry Over Imminent Collapse Of Their Businesses
- WordDigest: When Things Turned Around (62) Say No To Idols
- Ekiti: Between Oshiomhole And Secondus
- BOMBSHELL: BBC Delivers Humiliating Blow To Anas, Broadcaster Denies Role
- Maurizio Sarri: Chelsea Manager Would 'Give All His Possessions To Win' With New Club
- Alexis Sanchez: Man Utd Striker Misses Start Of US Tour Because Of Visa Issue
- Nana Ampomah Rescues Waasland-Beveren From Defeat Against Beerschot Wilrijk
- 2018 World Cup: The Good, Bad And Ugly From The World Cup In Russia
- Players My Age Usually Go To Qatar Or China - Ronaldo
- 2018 CAF CONFED. CUP: Aduana Stars Forward Bright Adjei Confident Ahead Of AS Vita Clash
- Black Princesses Team Visit Injured Striker Priscilla Adubea
- Kwadwo Asamoah Will Retire At Inter Milan - Agent