The Chairman of the Appointments Committee of Parliament Joe Osei-Owusu has expressed satisfaction in the answers given to questions by members of the committee by deputy Special prosecutor-nominee Cynthia Lamptey when she appeared for vetting today, Wednesday, 16 May 2018 May 16.
Speaking to the media after the vetting, Mr. Osei-Owusu said members of the committee are satisfied with “her performance”.
Mrs. Lamptey who will be deputy to Martin Amidu, if approved by Parliament, among other things told the committee she will resign from the post if she is sidelined.
“…If I should face something of that sort I will resign because I wasn’t put there just for a cosmetic sake. I was put there to work,” she told the Appointments Committee of Parliament Wednesday.
“I cannot be a puppet over there,” she stressed.
Lamptey will be deputy to veteran lawyer Martin Amidu if she sails through vetting at Parliament, reuniting the two having worked together at the Attorney General’s Department when the latter was the minister under the Mills administration.
As the country’s chief prosecutor, Lamptey handled several high-profile prosecutions including the case of the alleged stealing of GhC86.9 million by an Executive Director of the National Service Scheme and the criminal prosecution of Alfred Agbesi Woyome.
Lamptey who told the Committee that she is incorruptible further stated that she is prepared to undertake all roles assigned to her by Amidu in order to ensure the success of the office if she is approved by Parliament.
According to her, her knowledge of the former Attorney General’s work ethics makes it easy for her to be able to work with him effectively at the new anti-graft agency.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- BREAKING: CBN Revokes Skye Bank’s License
- Two Men Fight Over Who'll Sit At Front Seat Of A Bus In Lagos
- How People React To Adebayo Shittu Skipping NYSC
- Why PDP Lost In 2015 But Will Win In 2019 – Kwankwaso
- Ozil Scores As Arsenal Beat Winless Newcastle
- Barcelona Fight Back From One Down To Beat Real Sociedad
- Chelsea Go Top After Hazard's Hat-Trick Sees Off Cardiff
- Ghanaian Winger Bernard Morrison Set To Join Congolese Side Motema Pembe Next Week
- Referees Who Took Bribe Cannot Be Prosecuted — GOC Boss
- Deprived Children In School Receive Support
- Electrician Pours Acid On Woman
- Customer Choice Awards Unveiled
- Kasoa: Stakeholders Urge Closer Collaboration To Deal With Sanitation, Hygiene
- Akyem Anweaso Chief to be Inaugurated in the United States
- US$500 Million To Improve Educational Infrastructure
- PZ Cussons Launches Promotion
- Any Vibrant Democracy Goes With Jobs For The Youth
- Akufo-Addo Teases Double-track Doomsayers
- PWDs Go Through Guidelines For DACF Disbursement
- Isaac Coffie Receive One Match Ban After Red Card Against Numancia
- Nigeria U-17 To Embark On Qatar Training Tour After Defeating Ghana In WAFU Final
- Nigeria U-17 Continues Dominance Over Ghana: Black Starlets vs Golden Eaglets In Numbers
- Crystal Palace's Jeffrey Schlupp Named Among Worst Dribblers In The Premier League
- Nigeria Defeat Ghana On Penalties To Win WAFU U17 Championship
- Man Utd Hold On To Inflict First Defeat On Watford
- Sané Strikes Early As Dominant Man City Brush Fulham Aside
- Finance: BMW just unveiled a new electric SUV concept to take on Tesla's Model X — take a closer look
- WAFU U17 Tournament: Nigeria defeat Ghana to win WAFU U17 championship
- Tech: Tropical Storm Florence live updates: At least 9 people have died, and nearly 1 million are without power. The storm set a new rainfall record in North Carolina.
- Opinion: Storm crawls west, with fierce rains and rising rivers
- TRAMADOL Only Sold To Patients With Prescription
- Ark Foundation Counsels Students On Child Abuse
- Community Centre Project Set To Takeoff In Gomoa Kyiren
- Lotto Retailers Cry Foul Following Neglect
- Tanzanian Is OFAB 2018 Journalist of the year
- Group Assessing Government's Commitment In Fulfilling Promises
- Gaps In Ghana's Justice Delivery Should Be Bridged
- Extreme Politicization Of Our Universities Must Stop
- Central Region: Construction Of Tourism Project Comes Alive
- Chiefs Praise President Akufo-Addo
- Ghana Striker Richmond Boakye Bags Brace On Red Star Belgrade Return Debut
- Return of military service divides Moroccans