The Chairman of the Appointments Committee of Parliament Joe Osei-Owusu has expressed satisfaction in the answers given to questions by members of the committee by deputy Special prosecutor-nominee Cynthia Lamptey when she appeared for vetting today, Wednesday, 16 May 2018 May 16.
Speaking to the media after the vetting, Mr. Osei-Owusu said members of the committee are satisfied with “her performance”.
Mrs. Lamptey who will be deputy to Martin Amidu, if approved by Parliament, among other things told the committee she will resign from the post if she is sidelined.
“…If I should face something of that sort I will resign because I wasn’t put there just for a cosmetic sake. I was put there to work,” she told the Appointments Committee of Parliament Wednesday.
“I cannot be a puppet over there,” she stressed.
Lamptey will be deputy to veteran lawyer Martin Amidu if she sails through vetting at Parliament, reuniting the two having worked together at the Attorney General’s Department when the latter was the minister under the Mills administration.
As the country’s chief prosecutor, Lamptey handled several high-profile prosecutions including the case of the alleged stealing of GhC86.9 million by an Executive Director of the National Service Scheme and the criminal prosecution of Alfred Agbesi Woyome.
Lamptey who told the Committee that she is incorruptible further stated that she is prepared to undertake all roles assigned to her by Amidu in order to ensure the success of the office if she is approved by Parliament.
According to her, her knowledge of the former Attorney General’s work ethics makes it easy for her to be able to work with him effectively at the new anti-graft agency.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Eyeing the White House: The Democratic Field
- NDC presidential election slated for 23rd February 2019
- Premium Passport Application Center Set Up To Enable Ghanaians Acquire Passports In A Short Period
- Check history..stop talk (Shatta Wale) Don't study English and History. Study what makes money.
- Christmas Celebration In Ethiopia
- Why Claw Back NAM1 Personal Assets- Gained From Investors Deposits?
- South African Doctor To Build Hospital For Her Rural Folks
- ALJA National President Honored In US
- Breast Care International fetes Kumasi Children’s Home
- The Race To Represent NPP In Parliament: Who Is Who In The Tolon Constituency?
- Sudan president vows reform after deadly protests
- President Akufo-Addo says he's looking forward to 2019 with a "sense of hope and optimism"
- National Cathedral: Public Concerns Will Be Address – Duncan Williams
- Gov't Has The Power To Confiscate Assets Of Menzgold - Ato Forson
- Two Ghanaians Wants Injunction Placed On Referendum For New Regions
- Electoral Commission Sets January 31, 2019 For Ayawaso West Wuogon Bye-Election
- Ghana Revenue Authority To Auction Forfeited Cars And Goods Dec 27 To Mop-Up Revenue
- Don't study English and History. Study what makes money. That's why Nkrumah's dream is not reality
- Stephen Appiah Gets Special Birthday Message From Juventus
- Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey clarifies 'unhappy' comments
- Mistletoe is actually a tree-killing parasite — here's how it became a Christmas icon
- Signs of better and brighter tomorrow very clear- Akufo-Addo says in Christmas message
- ‘I invest Ghc760,000 all lock inside, if President Akufo-Addo no speak we go die’ – Menzgold customer
- Implement UN conventions on refugee status - Sam George
- Christian Atsu is weakest link in Newcastle United shirt - Fans rating
- Why red and green are the colors of Christmas
- EC sets Januay 31, 2019 for Ayawaso West by-election
- Christmas Greetings To You All
- Obasanjo: It's Our Responsibility To Work For Peace In Nigeria
- Shock As Nigerian Man Dies 3 Weeks To His Wedding
- Musician Continue To Play His Guitar As Doctors Operate On His Brain (Photo)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- We Need Money To Celebrate Christmas - Lagos Bank Robbers
- Late Alex Badeh's Killers Release His Kidnapped Friend
- Powerful trio cast a shadow over Congo poll
- BRING IT ON!: Kotoko-Sharks Proves Ghanaians Are Ready For Regular Football
- Stephen Appiah Receives Condolence From Fenerbahce After Losing Mum
- Christmas: Let us pay attention to the next good – Rev Opuni-Frimpong
- Christians celebrate Christmas today
- Ghanaians ‘have everything to celebrate’ this Christmas – NPP
- Akwa Ibom Finally Approve Big Stadium For Buhari
- Robbers Kill OAU Student For Refusing To Surrender iPhone