A social activist and a journalist has said, putting a day aside for the celebration of AU is meaningless to the African continent.
The day is supposedly used by African leaders to assess and ponder on the achievements of the African continent since it gained freedom from colonialism.
The wasteful deliberations and assessments on this day by some African leaders has no impact on the African people, the journalist alluded.
Mr Muyideen Suleman was interviewed by a cross section of journalists on the African Unity day in Kumasi on Thursday.
He said it is a total waste of Africans little resources on this day since it has not made any significant dynamics in an ordinary African life.
The problems of African countries will continued to escalates if there are still endless conflicts, lack of true leaders, over- dependent on int. Aid, Rich subaltern mindset and media injustice. He added
He said, some of our leaders are so greedy that some of the deliberations are just made to make room for looting and stealing intentions.
From the era of ECOWAS to date , African countries has seen a tremendous ascendancy in the areas of corruption, diseases, nepotism, poor road networks, poor drinking water, unemployment amongst others . He noted.
He emphasised that, until and unless the Africans ourselves understand that our problems are created by those we trust to offer help, not much will change for this great continent.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Minimum Wage: NLC, Organised Labour To Call Fresh Strike
- Friend Defrauds Man of N7m, Threatens To Kill Him & His Wife
- Turning The Tragedy Of Africa Into Prosperity; The Role Of Good Leadership
- REGSEC Initiates Moves To Broker Peace In Japekrom And Drobo
- EPA To Release Full Report On Mass Tilapia Deaths
- Fuel Prices Increase By 2.74% At Major Fuel Stations
- Kelni GVG: IMANI Denies been Bribed
- Double-Track Implementation: SHS Teachers Angry Over Neglect
- Dead Asutsuare Tilapia Not GMOs
- West Hills Mall's Old School Challenge Warms Up with Big Fitness Walk
- Eastern NDC Declares Support For Bagbin
- IAC Grabs Top International Awards
- Evans Mensah Makes Injury Return For HJK Helsinki In Win Over SJK
- CAL Bank Rounds Up Its 2018 Open Golf Championship
- Kwadwom Asamoah Hails Inter Teammates After Milan Derby Win
- Performance Of Ghanaian Players Abroad Wrap Up
- APO: Only a day to the 7th Remittance & Payment Expo, Lagos – Nigeria!
- 'I’m only projecting my heritage' – Ben Brako replies critics on half-naked photo
- Politics: Former Nigeria's finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala asks politicians to stop using her name to spread fake news
- I feel sad that Nyantakyi has lost everything – Asamoah Gyan
- Ekweremadu On His Way Out Of PDP Because Of Peter Obi?
- El-rufai Visits Survivors Of Kaduna Violence In Hospitals (Pics)
- Banky W: "I Am Battling Serious Food Poisoning"
- Amaechi Spotted Praying Seriously At Redeemed Church
- Tania Omotayo Weds Co-Restaurant Owner in Lagos (Photos)
- Oshiomhole In Trouble? Angry APC Governors Heading To Abuja To Sack Him
- 19yrs Old Girl Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Photos)
- Popular King's Son Graduates As Overall Best At NDA (Pics)
- Nana Addo’s 2yrs Far Better Than NDC’s 8yrs - NPP
- KNUST Students Protest Against ‘Brutalities’
- TOR Resumes Operations Next Week
- BoG Not Issuing Gh¢100 Note
- “My Salary Has Not Increased But Fuel Prices Keep Going Up" - Driver On Latest Hike In Fuel Prices
- Teenage Pregnancy: How A Daughter's Growing Belly Earns Her A Mother's Growling Slap
- What A Shock! Ghost Writes A Letter To Husband Who Butchered Her
- Traditional Leaders Should Emulate Late James Town Mantse
- GITAC Paves Way For Deepened Ghana-India Trading
- China Man Who Allegedly Killed 2 Other Chinese Declared Wanted
- Bashir Hayford To Strategize And Prepare Queens For AWCON 2018
- Daniel Kyeremeh Bags Hat-Trick As SV Wehen Thump Karlsruher
- Sean Adarkwa Nets Debut Goal For West Ham U-23 Against Swansea City U-23
- Former FC Ifeanyi Ubah Coach Yaw Preko Claims Some Clubs In Nigeria Want Him