Cristiano Ronaldo believes Mo Salah could be a contender for the Ballon d’Or, an award the Portugal star and Lionel Messi have dominated for more than a decade.
Not since Kaka in 2007 has, as a different player, broken their stranglehold on the individual prize.
But Ronaldo admitted that Salah’s stunning 44-goal season with the Liverpool marks him out as a huge threat.
‘Mo Salah has been one of the revelations of the year,’ Ronaldo said.
‘Many people talk about the Cristiano Ronaldo-Messi battle but there are other players who have chances to enter the race (for Ballon d’Or). The Egyptian is one of them.’
Having line-up against the 25-year-old in Real Madrid’s 3-1 Champions League final victory, Ronaldo also hopes Salah recovers in time for the World Cup after suffering a shoulder injury.
‘I hope his injury in the final in Kiev doesn’t keep him out,’ the 33-year-old added.
There is a chance the pair could lock horns again in the last 16, with Egypt and Portugal in Group A and B respectively.
Ronaldo leads his country against Spain in a mouthwatering first clash of the tournament for Portugal on Friday.
Salah faces a race against time to be ready for Egypt’s opener against Uruguay on the same day.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Minimum Wage: NLC, Organised Labour To Call Fresh Strike
- Turning The Tragedy Of Africa Into Prosperity; The Role Of Good Leadership
- REGSEC Initiates Moves To Broker Peace In Japekrom And Drobo
- EPA To Release Full Report On Mass Tilapia Deaths
- Fuel Prices Increase By 2.74% At Major Fuel Stations
- Kelni GVG: IMANI Denies been Bribed
- Double-Track Implementation: SHS Teachers Angry Over Neglect
- Dead Asutsuare Tilapia Not GMOs
- West Hills Mall's Old School Challenge Warms Up with Big Fitness Walk
- Eastern NDC Declares Support For Bagbin
- IAC Grabs Top International Awards
- Evans Mensah Makes Injury Return For HJK Helsinki In Win Over SJK
- CAL Bank Rounds Up Its 2018 Open Golf Championship
- Kwadwom Asamoah Hails Inter Teammates After Milan Derby Win
- Performance Of Ghanaian Players Abroad Wrap Up
- APO: Only a day to the 7th Remittance & Payment Expo, Lagos – Nigeria!
- 'I’m only projecting my heritage' – Ben Brako replies critics on half-naked photo
- Ekweremadu On His Way Out Of PDP Because Of Peter Obi?
- El-rufai Visits Survivors Of Kaduna Violence In Hospitals (Pics)
- Banky W: "I Am Battling Serious Food Poisoning"
- Amaechi Spotted Praying Seriously At Redeemed Church
- Tania Omotayo Weds Co-Restaurant Owner in Lagos (Photos)
- Oshiomhole In Trouble? Angry APC Governors Heading To Abuja To Sack Him
- 19yrs Old Girl Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Photos)
- Popular King's Son Graduates As Overall Best At NDA (Pics)
- Nana Addo’s 2yrs Far Better Than NDC’s 8yrs - NPP
- KNUST Students Protest Against ‘Brutalities’
- TOR Resumes Operations Next Week
- BoG Not Issuing Gh¢100 Note
- “My Salary Has Not Increased But Fuel Prices Keep Going Up" - Driver On Latest Hike In Fuel Prices
- Teenage Pregnancy: How A Daughter's Growing Belly Earns Her A Mother's Growling Slap
- What A Shock! Ghost Writes A Letter To Husband Who Butchered Her
- Traditional Leaders Should Emulate Late James Town Mantse
- GITAC Paves Way For Deepened Ghana-India Trading
- China Man Who Allegedly Killed 2 Other Chinese Declared Wanted
- Bashir Hayford To Strategize And Prepare Queens For AWCON 2018
- Daniel Kyeremeh Bags Hat-Trick As SV Wehen Thump Karlsruher
- Sean Adarkwa Nets Debut Goal For West Ham U-23 Against Swansea City U-23
- Former FC Ifeanyi Ubah Coach Yaw Preko Claims Some Clubs In Nigeria Want Him
- Stephen Appiah Optimistic Of Black Queens Hosting And Winning 2018 AWCON
- Godfred Donsah Makes Return From Injury To Warm Bench For Bologna In Draw With Torino
- Powers Throws Challenge To Bastie Samir, Gbese Bruno