Belgium coach Roberto Martinez has said playmaker, Eden Hazard, “will be totally fine” after he had to come off in the second half of the 4-1 friendly win over Costa Rica on Monday.
Chelsea star, Hazard limped to the sidelines after being caught by an opponent, but Martinez told Belgian media there were no concerns ahead of the World Cup opener against Panama next Monday.
“He took a knock on his leg, it’s a dead leg. He’ll be totally fine,” the coach said. I thought he looked really strong. He had to ride a few challenges, as you would expect.
“He played in a really good position, a bit more centrally, where he found a bit more space and could link up with Romelu Lukaku and Dries Mertens. I thought his positioning was very clever.
“He looked strong, he looked sharp, and that’s the positive outcome of his performance.”
Hazard shone behind Manchester United forward, Lukaku, who scored twice, and Napoli’s Mertens, who was also on target.
“I’m not very worried about Eden, he’s a solid one,” Lukaku told reporters. “Sometimes he takes a knock, but he recovers quickly.”
Belgium are heading into the tournament on a 19-match unbeaten run and will face Panama in their Group G opener on Monday. Tunisia and England are the other teams in the pool.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Minimum Wage: NLC, Organised Labour To Call Fresh Strike
- Friend Defrauds Man of N7m, Threatens To Kill Him & His Wife
- Turning The Tragedy Of Africa Into Prosperity; The Role Of Good Leadership
- REGSEC Initiates Moves To Broker Peace In Japekrom And Drobo
- EPA To Release Full Report On Mass Tilapia Deaths
- Fuel Prices Increase By 2.74% At Major Fuel Stations
- Kelni GVG: IMANI Denies been Bribed
- Double-Track Implementation: SHS Teachers Angry Over Neglect
- Dead Asutsuare Tilapia Not GMOs
- West Hills Mall's Old School Challenge Warms Up with Big Fitness Walk
- Eastern NDC Declares Support For Bagbin
- IAC Grabs Top International Awards
- Evans Mensah Makes Injury Return For HJK Helsinki In Win Over SJK
- CAL Bank Rounds Up Its 2018 Open Golf Championship
- Kwadwom Asamoah Hails Inter Teammates After Milan Derby Win
- Performance Of Ghanaian Players Abroad Wrap Up
- APO: Only a day to the 7th Remittance & Payment Expo, Lagos – Nigeria!
- 'I’m only projecting my heritage' – Ben Brako replies critics on half-naked photo
- Politics: Former Nigeria's finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala asks politicians to stop using her name to spread fake news
- I feel sad that Nyantakyi has lost everything – Asamoah Gyan
- Ekweremadu On His Way Out Of PDP Because Of Peter Obi?
- El-rufai Visits Survivors Of Kaduna Violence In Hospitals (Pics)
- Banky W: "I Am Battling Serious Food Poisoning"
- Amaechi Spotted Praying Seriously At Redeemed Church
- Tania Omotayo Weds Co-Restaurant Owner in Lagos (Photos)
- Oshiomhole In Trouble? Angry APC Governors Heading To Abuja To Sack Him
- 19yrs Old Girl Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Photos)
- Popular King's Son Graduates As Overall Best At NDA (Pics)
- Nana Addo’s 2yrs Far Better Than NDC’s 8yrs - NPP
- KNUST Students Protest Against ‘Brutalities’
- TOR Resumes Operations Next Week
- BoG Not Issuing Gh¢100 Note
- “My Salary Has Not Increased But Fuel Prices Keep Going Up" - Driver On Latest Hike In Fuel Prices
- Teenage Pregnancy: How A Daughter's Growing Belly Earns Her A Mother's Growling Slap
- What A Shock! Ghost Writes A Letter To Husband Who Butchered Her
- Traditional Leaders Should Emulate Late James Town Mantse
- GITAC Paves Way For Deepened Ghana-India Trading
- China Man Who Allegedly Killed 2 Other Chinese Declared Wanted
- Bashir Hayford To Strategize And Prepare Queens For AWCON 2018
- Daniel Kyeremeh Bags Hat-Trick As SV Wehen Thump Karlsruher
- Sean Adarkwa Nets Debut Goal For West Ham U-23 Against Swansea City U-23
- Former FC Ifeanyi Ubah Coach Yaw Preko Claims Some Clubs In Nigeria Want Him