President Nana Akufo-Addo
President Nana Akufo-Addo has called on the country’s private sector to help the government achieve the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The President, who is a Co-Chair of the UN Eminent Advocates on SDGs said Ghana’s private sector stands to gain if the SDGs are attained.
Speaking at a breakfast meeting with Chief Executive Officers from the private sector at the Jubilee House, President Nana Akufo Addo said the private sector must contribute effectively to ensure the country goes “down the path of prosperity”.
The President described the private sector as the “primary promoters of social and economic transformation” with a responsibility to actively participate in Government’s effort to attain the SDG’s.
“You are in today’s world the primary promoters of social and economic transformation. So if there is any important goal of social or national nature which is going to be successfully addressed, it can only be so if one can challenge the private sector to participate,” he stated.
He further urged the private sector to be efficient in finding ways to help address issues of inclusiveness, equity and social justice.
“Be more robust, be more efficient, the market economy in a given country, the more likely that country is to go down the path of prosperity. We are talking about a well-regulated market economy that addresses issues of inclusion, equity and social justice”
Being a recipient of the AU Gender Champion award, President Akufo-Addo said it was time to make gender equality a reality.
“That statement is a statement that affects more than majority of people in Ghana. We know that 52% of our population are women. When we are talking about gender equity, we are talking about what affects all women, young and old,” he said.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Minimum Wage: NLC, Organised Labour To Call Fresh Strike
- Friend Defrauds Man of N7m, Threatens To Kill Him & His Wife
- Turning The Tragedy Of Africa Into Prosperity; The Role Of Good Leadership
- REGSEC Initiates Moves To Broker Peace In Japekrom And Drobo
- EPA To Release Full Report On Mass Tilapia Deaths
- Fuel Prices Increase By 2.74% At Major Fuel Stations
- Kelni GVG: IMANI Denies been Bribed
- Double-Track Implementation: SHS Teachers Angry Over Neglect
- Dead Asutsuare Tilapia Not GMOs
- West Hills Mall's Old School Challenge Warms Up with Big Fitness Walk
- Eastern NDC Declares Support For Bagbin
- IAC Grabs Top International Awards
- Evans Mensah Makes Injury Return For HJK Helsinki In Win Over SJK
- CAL Bank Rounds Up Its 2018 Open Golf Championship
- Kwadwom Asamoah Hails Inter Teammates After Milan Derby Win
- Performance Of Ghanaian Players Abroad Wrap Up
- APO: Only a day to the 7th Remittance & Payment Expo, Lagos – Nigeria!
- 'I’m only projecting my heritage' – Ben Brako replies critics on half-naked photo
- Politics: Former Nigeria's finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala asks politicians to stop using her name to spread fake news
- I feel sad that Nyantakyi has lost everything – Asamoah Gyan
- Ekweremadu On His Way Out Of PDP Because Of Peter Obi?
- El-rufai Visits Survivors Of Kaduna Violence In Hospitals (Pics)
- Banky W: "I Am Battling Serious Food Poisoning"
- Amaechi Spotted Praying Seriously At Redeemed Church
- Tania Omotayo Weds Co-Restaurant Owner in Lagos (Photos)
- Oshiomhole In Trouble? Angry APC Governors Heading To Abuja To Sack Him
- 19yrs Old Girl Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Photos)
- Popular King's Son Graduates As Overall Best At NDA (Pics)
- Nana Addo’s 2yrs Far Better Than NDC’s 8yrs - NPP
- KNUST Students Protest Against ‘Brutalities’
- TOR Resumes Operations Next Week
- BoG Not Issuing Gh¢100 Note
- “My Salary Has Not Increased But Fuel Prices Keep Going Up" - Driver On Latest Hike In Fuel Prices
- Teenage Pregnancy: How A Daughter's Growing Belly Earns Her A Mother's Growling Slap
- What A Shock! Ghost Writes A Letter To Husband Who Butchered Her
- Traditional Leaders Should Emulate Late James Town Mantse
- GITAC Paves Way For Deepened Ghana-India Trading
- China Man Who Allegedly Killed 2 Other Chinese Declared Wanted
- Bashir Hayford To Strategize And Prepare Queens For AWCON 2018
- Daniel Kyeremeh Bags Hat-Trick As SV Wehen Thump Karlsruher
- Sean Adarkwa Nets Debut Goal For West Ham U-23 Against Swansea City U-23
- Former FC Ifeanyi Ubah Coach Yaw Preko Claims Some Clubs In Nigeria Want Him