Investigative Journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas, has petitioned the Governor of the Bank of Ghana, Ernest Thompson; the Attorney General and Minister for Justice, Gloria Akufo; Financial Intelligence Center and the Economic and Organized Crime Office, to institute a full scale investigation into activities of embattled former GFA Boss Kwesi Nyantakyi.
Anas wants the probe to focus largely on Mr. Nyantakyi’s stewardship of the GFA and Fountains Savings and Loans Ltd.
The investigative journalist wants Mr. Nyantakyi to be investigated over some money laundering claims he made in his latest investigative documentary titled #Number12.
In the investigative film which has so far been watched by over 8,000 Ghanaians, the embattled former FA boss is seen suggesting to a supposed potential foreign investor, how he can illegally launder money through his [Nyantakyi’s] savings and loans company.
Mr. Nyantakyi made this disclosure when he was explaining to the potential investors that the amount involved in the deal was too huge and so could not be wired through his personal account.
Anas is also asking all the bodies he has petitioned to also probe Mr. Nyantaky for “bribery, corruption and fraud by false presence by abusing his office.”
Kwesi Nyantakyi,who recently resigned as President of the GFA was caught on tape plotting to fleece the FA of sponsorship money while promising supposed investors access to President Akufo Addo for a fee.
He even went ahead to outline a blue print laden with details on how to bribe politicians in strategic positions in a bid to gain control of key projects within the country.
The State has filed a petition to have the GFA dissolved as well as a ten-day interim injunction to enable the State prepare adequately to deal with the rot at the GFA following revelations from the documentary.
The Ghana League Clubs Association (GHALCA) as well as former GFA Chairman, Dr. Nyaho Nyaho Tamakloe, believes the stakeholders of the game should be allowed to play a major role in what should be a restructuring process.
GHALCA on the other hand were seeking permission to set a date for an emergency congress, but have been turned down by the Sports Ministry.
The Attorney General however insists that the FA has deviated from its primary functions and thus must be completely disbanded.
An interim committee to run football in the country has dominated discussions and is expected to be named in the coming days.
Attorney General insists GFA will be dissolved
Meanwhile, the Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Gloria Akuffo, has reaffirmed that Government will go ahead with processes aimed at dissolving the Ghana Football Association.
This comes in the wake of several appeals from various quarters for an alternative approach to be employed.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Minimum Wage: NLC, Organised Labour To Call Fresh Strike
- Friend Defrauds Man of N7m, Threatens To Kill Him & His Wife
- Turning The Tragedy Of Africa Into Prosperity; The Role Of Good Leadership
- REGSEC Initiates Moves To Broker Peace In Japekrom And Drobo
- EPA To Release Full Report On Mass Tilapia Deaths
- Fuel Prices Increase By 2.74% At Major Fuel Stations
- Kelni GVG: IMANI Denies been Bribed
- Double-Track Implementation: SHS Teachers Angry Over Neglect
- Dead Asutsuare Tilapia Not GMOs
- West Hills Mall's Old School Challenge Warms Up with Big Fitness Walk
- Eastern NDC Declares Support For Bagbin
- IAC Grabs Top International Awards
- Evans Mensah Makes Injury Return For HJK Helsinki In Win Over SJK
- CAL Bank Rounds Up Its 2018 Open Golf Championship
- Kwadwom Asamoah Hails Inter Teammates After Milan Derby Win
- Performance Of Ghanaian Players Abroad Wrap Up
- APO: Only a day to the 7th Remittance & Payment Expo, Lagos – Nigeria!
- 'I’m only projecting my heritage' – Ben Brako replies critics on half-naked photo
- Politics: Former Nigeria's finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala asks politicians to stop using her name to spread fake news
- I feel sad that Nyantakyi has lost everything – Asamoah Gyan
- Ekweremadu On His Way Out Of PDP Because Of Peter Obi?
- El-rufai Visits Survivors Of Kaduna Violence In Hospitals (Pics)
- Banky W: "I Am Battling Serious Food Poisoning"
- Amaechi Spotted Praying Seriously At Redeemed Church
- Tania Omotayo Weds Co-Restaurant Owner in Lagos (Photos)
- Oshiomhole In Trouble? Angry APC Governors Heading To Abuja To Sack Him
- 19yrs Old Girl Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Photos)
- Popular King's Son Graduates As Overall Best At NDA (Pics)
- Nana Addo’s 2yrs Far Better Than NDC’s 8yrs - NPP
- KNUST Students Protest Against ‘Brutalities’
- TOR Resumes Operations Next Week
- BoG Not Issuing Gh¢100 Note
- “My Salary Has Not Increased But Fuel Prices Keep Going Up" - Driver On Latest Hike In Fuel Prices
- Teenage Pregnancy: How A Daughter's Growing Belly Earns Her A Mother's Growling Slap
- What A Shock! Ghost Writes A Letter To Husband Who Butchered Her
- Traditional Leaders Should Emulate Late James Town Mantse
- GITAC Paves Way For Deepened Ghana-India Trading
- China Man Who Allegedly Killed 2 Other Chinese Declared Wanted
- Bashir Hayford To Strategize And Prepare Queens For AWCON 2018
- Daniel Kyeremeh Bags Hat-Trick As SV Wehen Thump Karlsruher
- Sean Adarkwa Nets Debut Goal For West Ham U-23 Against Swansea City U-23
- Former FC Ifeanyi Ubah Coach Yaw Preko Claims Some Clubs In Nigeria Want Him