Ghana defender John Boye was a stalwart on his debut for Metz in their 3-2 win over ESTAC Troyes in a pre-season friendly encounter on Tuesday.
Boye sealed a two-year contract with the Ligue 2 side last month after failing to renew his contract with Turkish side Sivasspor.
The 31-year-old is familiar to the French terrain, having featured 63 times for Stade Rennes between 2009 and 2013.
He made his debut for the Maroons on Tuesday, playing full throttle as Frédéric Antonetti’s overcame fellow Ligue 2 side ESTAC Troyes 3-2.
A brace from Togolese international Matthieu Dossevi put Metz ahead before substitute Brayan Mbeumo reduced the deficit.
Benjamin Nivet pulled parity in the 73rd minute via a penalty kick but an 87th minute strike from Ibrahima Niane secured the win for Metz.
Boye is expected to keep his place in the side when they play another Ligue 2 AJ Auxerre on Friday.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Once upon a time... preserving folk tales in Benin
- South Africa inquiry into top-level state graft opens
- 'Blast fishing' thrives in Libya's chaos
- Cairo looks to curb street sheep slaughter for Eid holiday
- Politics: Two people have died after another strong earthquake ripped through the Indonesian island of Lombok
- Politics: Photos show the destruction from flooding in the Indian state of Kerala, killing at least 350 people
- Politician Attacked By Thugs, Left With Broken Head (Photos)
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- 5 Ways To Know If You Are Dehydrated
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- University Of Education Winneba To Admit More FREE SHS Beneficiaries In 2020
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, August 20, 2018
- Re: Mahama's boys bought V8, Built Mansions In 4 Years--Bagbin
- Bagbin Claims Mahama Boys Bought V8 And Built Mansions
- Christian Council Is Much Too Vocal For The Good Of Its Established Reputation
- Re-certification Of Customised Number Plates Set To Begin On 1st October
- Free SHS, Double-Track Are Boldest Initiatives Ever
- Ghana Government Likely To Ban Plastic Items
- Passion Air Ready For Domestic Flight Operations
- Police Critical For Successful Implementation Of ECOWAS Brown Card Scheme
- COPEC calls for national dialogue on 'sustained' fuel price increases
- Over a dozen banks yet to meet GHC400m minimum capital
- Weekend Wrap: Review of big matches played in Europe over the weekend
- Music: Bulldog rates Iwan as best reggae/dancehall artiste in Ghana
- Sermon: Worship God, not your pastors – Otabil to ICGC members
- Profile: Jorginho, Chelsea's new midfield maestro
- Politics: Shots were reportedly fired at the US embassy in Turkey
- Poor Governance: Mahama’s boys grabbed V8, mansions in 4 years – Alban Bagbin
- Trolls: The look on Man United’s Vice-Chairman, Ed Woodward's face during their humiliating defeat to Brighton
- #MourinhoOut: Man United fan starts GoFundMe to raise £12 million for Jose Mourinho sacking
- Nursing Mother, Baby Drown As Lagos Officials Chase Residents
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Kwankwaso Not Welcome In Kano - Governor Ganduje
- Dancing Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Saraki Fires Back: Buhari Presidency Lacks Foresight, Too Slow
- Wife Stabs Husband To Death Over 'Another Woman' In Delta