A bedridden elderly woman was Tuesday night burnt to death when fire razed a three-bedroom apartment she was sleeping in at Supomu Dunkwa, a farming community near Beposo in the Western Region.
Two grandchildren of the deceased, though managed to escape the fire to raise alarm for help, it was too late when fire service personnel arrived at the scene.
It took the firemen about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control before they could retrieve the charred body of the woman said to be in her 70s.
Owner of the apartment one Mr Enzeh, who is a teacher of the Methodist Basic School in the community, was out of the building when the fire started at about 8:00pm, an eyewitness told host of Omanbapa on Takoradi-based Connect 97.1FM Wednesday.
The deceased was the mother-in-law of the teacher.
The teacher has since not been able to comment as a result of the shock he is said to have suffered as a result of the incident.
The body of the deceased has since been conveyed to the Effia Nkwanta Hospital Morgue while investigations have commenced to establish to cause of the fire.
By Nhyiraba Paa Kwesi Simpson|Connect FM|3news.com|Ghana
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Ghanaians descend heavily on Anas following Sannie Daara legal knockout in human rights suit
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Dr. Da Costa Applauds Gov’t over New Ambulances
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- Chief Imam In London
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary
- Ghana needs professional Police to ensure peace - Mrs Sackey
- TNMA marks Independence Day celebration with grand parade
- Kasena-Nankana West District Assembly to prosecute households without toilet facilities