A bedridden elderly woman was Tuesday night burnt to death when fire razed a three-bedroom apartment she was sleeping in at Supomu Dunkwa, a farming community near Beposo in the Western Region.
Two grandchildren of the deceased, though managed to escape the fire to raise alarm for help, it was too late when fire service personnel arrived at the scene.
It took the firemen about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control before they could retrieve the charred body of the woman said to be in her 70s.
Owner of the apartment one Mr Enzeh, who is a teacher of the Methodist Basic School in the community, was out of the building when the fire started at about 8:00pm, an eyewitness told host of Omanbapa on Takoradi-based Connect 97.1FM Wednesday.
The deceased was the mother-in-law of the teacher.
The teacher has since not been able to comment as a result of the shock he is said to have suffered as a result of the incident.
The body of the deceased has since been conveyed to the Effia Nkwanta Hospital Morgue while investigations have commenced to establish to cause of the fire.
By Nhyiraba Paa Kwesi Simpson|Connect FM|3news.com|Ghana
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Sports Tourism: Golf, More Than Just A Game
- Commemorating Alhaji Aliu Mahama: Six Years On
- NDC Congress: Vote For Women Candidates - WiLDAF Ghana To NDC Delegates
- The Disgruntled Former Prime Minister
- Kufuor Calls On Investors To Support Young Entrepreneurs
- Mark Of Excellence: NCC Chairman Congratulates Channel VAS Founder For Company’s Growth
- Mortuary Workers Call Off Strike
- NDC Polls: Ako Gunn kicks against NEC's decision of appointing communication officers from 2021
- NDC Polls: Action Youth for John Mahama descends heavily on Ofosu Ampofo
- Health Minister Cuts Sod For Construction Of Bogoso District Hospital
- Wayne Rooney To Be England Captain During Farewell Appearance
- 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: Black Stars Gears Up Ahead Of Ethiopia Clash [PICTURES]
- Manchester United Rekindle Interest In Jerome Boateng
- Ghanaian Midfielder Koby Arthur Scores Winner For Macclesfield FC In Checkatrade Trophy
- Joe Dodoo bags brace for Blackpool
- Politics: Theresa May suffers more resignations as Esther McVey resigns over May's Brexit deal
- MTN Heroes of Change season 5 launched, winner takes home GHC 100k
- APO: Merck Foundation announces the winners for their “Merck Diabetes Award” to mark “World Diabetes Day 2018”
- Budget 2019: Prioritise job creation, poverty reduction – GN Research
- APO: Triple win for African rugby on the global stage
- Lifestyle: The 13 biggest mistakes you're making on dating apps — and how to stop
- Yinka Ayefele's Music House Being Reconstructed By Govt.
- What The DSS Report Revealed About Oshiomhole
- Comedienne Helen Paul Shows Her Beautiful Family
- Popular Channels TV Anchor, Maupe Ogun Gives Birth In US
- Married Man Taking Care Of Me Has Infected Me With HIV – Lagos Lady Cries Out
- 2019 Budget: Office Of Special Prosecutor Gets GHS180m
- Ghana Is Moving Forward Under This Gov’t – Ken Ofori Atta
- 92% Of DKM Claims Paid – Ofori Atta
- 2019 Budget: Ken Ofori Atta Admits Hardships In Ghana
- 2018 Golden Baobab Prize Judges Announced
- End of Eritrea sanctions no guarantee of reforms
- Concerns mount for French hostage as Mali peace deal under scrutiny
- Marie-Antoinette's jewels sell for 18 times estimated price
- High five: James rises on the all-time scoring list
- Expectations From Ghanaians On 2019 Budget
- 2019 CAF U23 Cup Of Nations Qualifiers: Kenya Win Big; Uganda Edge South Sudan
- Abdiqani Re-Elected Unpposed As Somalia FA Boss
- Swedish Side Falkenbergs FF Confirm Enock Kwakwa Departure
- Black Meteors-Togo Clash In CAF U23 Nations Cup Qualifiers Rescheduled To Dec 18
- FC Metz To Miss John Boye In French Cup Tie Against Sarreguemines On Sunday
- "Sensi Is The New Veratti"- Kevin Prince Boateng