A bedridden elderly woman was Tuesday night burnt to death when fire razed a three-bedroom apartment she was sleeping in at Supomu Dunkwa, a farming community near Beposo in the Western Region.
Two grandchildren of the deceased, though managed to escape the fire to raise alarm for help, it was too late when fire service personnel arrived at the scene.
It took the firemen about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control before they could retrieve the charred body of the woman said to be in her 70s.
Owner of the apartment one Mr Enzeh, who is a teacher of the Methodist Basic School in the community, was out of the building when the fire started at about 8:00pm, an eyewitness told host of Omanbapa on Takoradi-based Connect 97.1FM Wednesday.
The deceased was the mother-in-law of the teacher.
The teacher has since not been able to comment as a result of the shock he is said to have suffered as a result of the incident.
The body of the deceased has since been conveyed to the Effia Nkwanta Hospital Morgue while investigations have commenced to establish to cause of the fire.
By Nhyiraba Paa Kwesi Simpson|Connect FM|3news.com|Ghana
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Ghana not dealing with sexual abuse correctly - Group
- Criminal Who Made Over N50m From Kidnapping Nabbed
- How To Travel On A Budget and Still Have Fun
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- S.Africa's black majority battles apartheid urban planning
- DR Congo's mining industry hobbled by poor infrastructure, tax hike
- Hopes of a mining revival in oil-addicted Nigeria
- Tema Mantse calls for dialogue over Ghana Card
- African must invest financially to child’s development - Otiko Djaba
- Multiple sales of land deter investors - Minister tells Chiefs
- NDC Party: 'Unity Walk' was a thorn in the flesh of NPP gov't- Kojo Bonsu
- Number 12: PPP blasts gov't for dissolving GFA without consulting clubs
- Fight Among APC Leaders, Governors Over National Convention
- Kidnappers Who Disguised As SARS Operatives Nabbed In Lagos
- NewPDP Faces Tension Over Moves To Dump APC
- Peace Corps To Buhari: Order IGP To Unseal Our Office
- Customs Bust Top Smugglers, Seize N1.3bn Rice, Vehicles
- Spiritual Values Should Be Respected To Reduce Moral Decadence
- GEPA Supports Capacity Building Of Weavers
- Prisons Bus Seized Following 435k Judgment Debt
- International Cocoa Initiative Sets The Tone For Greater Heights
- Direct-Relief Supports Ghanaian Hospitals
- Opinion: Great Leaders Walk Off The Stage When Applause Is Loudest
- Bagbin Says Ghanaian Muslims Are World Best Ambassadors
- Government Should Broaden Dialogue Over Ghana Card--Tema Mantse
- Truck Speeding Up Kills Pregnant Woman At Food Joint
- Africans Challenged To Invest Financially In Children's Development
- 'We’ll upgrade Colleges of Education to a university status by September' – Akufo-Addo
- No Minority MP has Ghana card – NIA
- AGI pledges support for NABCO programme
- MiDA plans to build capacity of 300 female engineering students
- KATH appeals for regular blood donations to save lives
- Government committed to strengthening private business - Osei Assibey
- NDC Party: Anita De-Sosoo is a "crook"- Rawlings booms
- This Liposuction Madness Needs To Stop
- Scotland: Petroleum Commission Tours Forth Ports Of Dundee
- Bolga Workshop Outlined Concerns Over RTI
- Embers and Death at the Victoria Park Hotel: The Anguish for Lost Buildings
- NCCE Makes Strong Case For The Protection Of The Environment
- Ghana To Understudy Decommissioning From Scottish Forth Ports
- Ghana Card: Minority Running From Clean, Accurate Data Gathering
- NDC Set To Hold Constituency Elections