There will always be crises over tithing if pastors continue to use the money to acquire personal properties. The Bible says Christians should bring all the tithes to the storehouse, but the people are protesting today because pastors are no longer using the tithes for the purposes they are meant for.
Well, Mark Okraku Mantey who happens to be the president of the Creative Arts Council has revealed in an interview with Andy Dosty on Hitz FM that he has never paid tithe. In the voice of Okraku Mantey, his decision was influenced by one Brother Dan Owusu Asiamah of the Church Of Christ.
According to Dan Asiamah, there are scriptures in the Bible that states that the payment of tithe was for a particular era in the bible.
“He even backs his submissions with bible quotations…because I don’t know the bible too well, I will not try…,” he said.
Per the Christian Bible, tithe is the minimum fraction ,(one-tenth) of a Christian’s total income that must be given to God in support of His work. It is the minimum percentage of a person’s income that God commands him or her to give with the perception that tithing comes with God’s blessings.
Mr Mantey, however, is convinced that some churches don’t use the monies paid as tithe for the work of God. He stressed that some of them still encourage it because of the selfish interests of certain individuals in the church.
“…Let’s find out from those who work in the church whether they benefit from the tithe given in church. They are supposed to be the beneficiaries of that money. Why are we saying that we don’t want an eye for an eye because it is in the Old Testament? But as for tithe, we like it because some people are benefiting…,” he said.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- "I Won’t Die Until You Become President" - Nwabueze to Atiku
- IGP, Police Service Commission clash on special promotions: Reps begin probe
- Mahama Was Rushed Into The Presidency
- Ahead Of 2019 Budget: New Taxes, Increases Will Be Unacceptable
- Sodomy Puts Assistant Headmaster Of KUHISS In Trouble
- Strike Action Declared At Laboratory Of U/West Hospital
- Vice President Yemi Osinbajo: A Pastor Only By Name
- Ghana's Ambassador To The US Secures Over $60m Of Scholarship For Ghanaian Students
- Japanese-Ghana School Wins Yosakoi Dance Festival 2018
- OFFICIAL: Ropapa Mensah Joins Nashville SC Permanently
- Health Director orders killing of all stray dogs in Keta
- Tech: 10 things in tech you need to know today
- 5 best foods to control diabetes
- Finance Minister presents 2019 budget today
- Strategy: Meet the 8 Nigerians named on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list for 2019
- FG has not released cash for us to complete unemployment report; says NBS Boss
- Sports Tourism: Golf, More Than Just A Game
- Commemorating Alhaji Aliu Mahama: Six Years On
- NDC Congress: Vote For Women Candidates - WiLDAF Ghana To NDC Delegates
- The Disgruntled Former Prime Minister
- Kufuor Calls On Investors To Support Young Entrepreneurs
- Mark Of Excellence: NCC Chairman Congratulates Channel VAS Founder For Company’s Growth
- Mortuary Workers Call Off Strike
- NDC Polls: Ako Gunn kicks against NEC's decision of appointing communication officers from 2021
- NDC Polls: Action Youth for John Mahama descends heavily on Ofosu Ampofo
- Health Minister Cuts Sod For Construction Of Bogoso District Hospital
- Wayne Rooney To Be England Captain During Farewell Appearance
- 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: Black Stars Gears Up Ahead Of Ethiopia Clash [PICTURES]
- Manchester United Rekindle Interest In Jerome Boateng
- Ghanaian Midfielder Koby Arthur Scores Winner For Macclesfield FC In Checkatrade Trophy
- Joe Dodoo Bags Brace For Blackpool In Checkatrade Trophy Win Over Accrington Stanley
- Ghanaian Duo Asante, Awako To Work Under Rick Schantz At Phoenix Rising
- AshantiGold Widfielder James Akaminko Writes To Management To Cancel Contract - Report
- Nigeria Arrive In Ghana Ahead Of AWCON
- Awutu Senya East constituency gets projects under one million per constituency
- Black Stars hold first training session in Kenya
- Mukarama revels in Black Maidens’ 5-0 romp over Uruguay
- No tax increment at port – Sammy Awuku
- Ursula fights BoG over Kelni GVG deal
- Too many taxes crippling businesses – COPEC
- NDC elects new national executive this weekend; will it be Asiedu Nketia or Koku Anyidoho?
- 5 probe KNUST crisis