There will always be crises over tithing if pastors continue to use the money to acquire personal properties. The Bible says Christians should bring all the tithes to the storehouse, but the people are protesting today because pastors are no longer using the tithes for the purposes they are meant for.
Well, Mark Okraku Mantey who happens to be the president of the Creative Arts Council has revealed in an interview with Andy Dosty on Hitz FM that he has never paid tithe. In the voice of Okraku Mantey, his decision was influenced by one Brother Dan Owusu Asiamah of the Church Of Christ.
According to Dan Asiamah, there are scriptures in the Bible that states that the payment of tithe was for a particular era in the bible.
“He even backs his submissions with bible quotations…because I don’t know the bible too well, I will not try…,” he said.
Per the Christian Bible, tithe is the minimum fraction ,(one-tenth) of a Christian’s total income that must be given to God in support of His work. It is the minimum percentage of a person’s income that God commands him or her to give with the perception that tithing comes with God’s blessings.
Mr Mantey, however, is convinced that some churches don’t use the monies paid as tithe for the work of God. He stressed that some of them still encourage it because of the selfish interests of certain individuals in the church.
“…Let’s find out from those who work in the church whether they benefit from the tithe given in church. They are supposed to be the beneficiaries of that money. Why are we saying that we don’t want an eye for an eye because it is in the Old Testament? But as for tithe, we like it because some people are benefiting…,” he said.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Here are the capitals of the newly created regions
- Ahmed Suale Came To My House Jittering—Nyantakyi
- National Folklore Board Signs Contract To Protect Folklore
- "It's a joy to see my two sons playing for Bayern and Barcelona"- KP Boateng' father
- 'I condemn Nana B for slapping Sammy Gyamfi' - Failed NPP Youth Organizer
- You Have Surprised Me, Ex-President Mahama!
- Menaye shades Asamoah Gyan with photo of Muntari and son plus 'DNA' caption
- Date For 2019 BECE Revised
- Manasseh Azure Awuni exposes corrupt female appointee at Jubilee House
- Police Administration reshuffles senior officers
- Why There Will Not Be Another Biafra
- This is how angry man punished rat for chewing his phone charger
- Step mum who left boy’s hand to rot after cutting it sentenced
- Asamoah Gyan is a disgrace; must be ashamed of himself now – Ghanaians
- FLASHBACK: I'll die for NAM 1 because of his money - Willi Roi
- VIDEO: Anokye Supremo’s body finally arrives in Ghana
- Shatta Wale and Andy Dosty go on a twitter war - both threaten each other for digging their own graves
- I did not justify 'bloody widow' placards – Sam George sets record straight
- Takoradi: Audio Tape Exposes Arrested Kidnapper
- The Oracle Played A Game Of Chess In Dagbon With The Rise Of Naa Abubakari Mahama (Naa Gariba II)
- Hear Ye the Truth, the Family of the Late Tiger Eye PI Journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- 3 reasons why a first degree is not valued in Ghana anymore
- Nkoranza NPP youth defect to NDC over Techiman capital
- Huge Crowd At Agyarko’s Funeral
- Bawumia Attends World Economic Forum
- Police Make Headway In Anas Boy’s Murder
- Concerned Police Officer Writes To The President
- Asabke Breaks Down In Court, Afoko Expresses Outrage
- LIVE UPDATES: Ghana vs Mali (U-20 AFCON)
- FLASHBACK: Jesus' second coming may never happen – Willi Roi
- I exchanged phones with Okyeame Kwame for a week – wife reveals
- Ahead Of 2020 Elections: NPP Activist Dares Mahama To Put His Family At The Battlefront
- GES Directive For WR School Heads
- Chantelle Asante rocks her baby bump on Instagram!
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Dies In Car Crash Few Days To Her Wedding
- Public Workers To Enjoy Digitised Payments From July
- Significance of Nana Addo’s yellow smock at Yaa-Naa’s investiture explained
- Volta Region Erupts For John Mahama
- Kotoko Shops For Holding Midfielder
- Ghana Post MD, New Board Members Meet Asantehene Otumfuo
- Corporal Punishment: Compliance On Ban Needs More Than ‘Threat’ Of Sanction
- Body of football player Emliano Sala found in plane wreckage