The organisers of Miss Ghana, Exclusive Events Ghana has finally reacted to reports that the reigning queen, Margaret Dery has resigned as the 2017 Miss Ghana queen. In a statement they sent out to the press, they indicated that they have ‘gladly’ accepted her resignation.
Ghbase.com shared the story about Margaret Dery resigning as a beauty queen after wearing the crown for 8 months. Although the main reason why she resigned has not been stated, it’s clear she was tired of being the queen of a beauty pageant she described as a ‘sham’ in some tweets she made days ago.
According to the organisers, they only learned about the news of her resignation through the media, although Margaret had indicated she resigned by sending them an email.
In the official statement issued by Exclusive Events Ghana, they told her; “We wish Margaret Dery well in her next career and we do pray that she will uphold the ethics of professionalism, respect for contracts as well as show the necessary respect to the new authority she finds herself under,”
Exclusive Events Ghana stressed that they “are very focused and ever determined to use the Miss Ghana Beauty Pageant to help the poor, needy and the vulnerable in rural areas and deprived communities and absolutely nothing can distract us from this noble journey.”
The 2018 Miss Ghana will be launched tomorrow, 2nd August 2018.
Read full statement below:
Exclusive Events Ghana Gladly Accepts the Resignation of Margaret Dery
It has come to our attention through the media that the winner of the 2017 edition of the Miss Ghana beauty pageant Margaret Dery has resigned.
The management of Exclusive Events Ghana, the organizers of the Miss Ghana beauty pageant have gladly accepted the resignation of Margaret Dery in good faith.
The major vision of Exclusive Events Ghana is to promote the culture of discipline, respect for authority, good corporate governance and use the crown to change the lives of the vulnerable and deprived communities.
We did our very best to lead the winners and runners-up of the beauty pageant to live and act in accordance with the major vision. That is the more reason why we recently commissioned and donated a water project to the Nabuli Witch Camp in Gushegu in the Northern Region of Ghana. Unfortunately, Margaret Dery never showed up for the programme for reasons best known to her.
Management of Exclusive Events Ghana are very focused and ever determined to use the Miss Ghana Beauty Pageant to help the poor, needy and the vulnerable in rural areas and deprived communities and absolutely nothing can distract us from this noble journey.
We wish Margaret Dery well in her next career and we do pray that she will uphold the ethics of professionalism, respect for contracts as well as show the necessary respect to the new authority she finds herself under.
Issued: by Public Affairs Department.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Doctors Surgically Remove Toy Stuck In Boy's Throat (Pics)
- Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts for Fear of Buhari?
- Story Of Lady Who Fell From The Sky After Getting Sucked Out Of A Plane (Photos)
- Angola bets on largest-ever offshore oil investment
- Fighting wars and disease, smartphones on the frontlines
- Libya warlord casts shadow over Italy's bid to solve crisis
- Africa Investment Forum Exceeds Expectations
- 3 civilians killed in attack on UN contractor in Mali
- Chiefs Want Schools Under Trees Replaced
- Media Coalition Accuses MPs Of Being Disinterested In RTI
- Upper West residents welcome Wa UDS autonomy announcement
- GRA arrests four persons for diverting Free Zone Enclave goods
- Ghana servicing interest on debt with its internal revenue
- AAU reiterates commitment to attainment of AU’s vision 2063
- Professor Yankah calls for harmonisation of African universities
- Moshake advises NDC to ‘cure administrative ignorance’
- 4 amazing health benefits of salmon
- Politics: Trump has reportedly decided to fire Homeland Security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen — and it could come as soon as this week
- Lifestyle: Police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, are responding to reports of a shooting
- Tinunu's Wealth Questionable? EFCC Boss Asks Journalist To Write Petition
- Obasanjo Speaks: Govs Against LG Autonomy Are Enemies Of Nigerians
- Millionaire Chief Bademosi's "Killer" Arraigned, Sent To Prison
- Hoodlums vandalise 18 vehicles, rob traders openly in Lagos
- Nigerian Prince Who Scammed People In US Appears In Court, Begs To Go Home (Photos)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Nana Addo Deceiving Ghanaians With Incorruptible Clean Appointees Claim--NDC
- 'We Do Not Invite Players Base On Public Influence' - Richard Kingson Slams Critics
- LIVESTREAMING: Badwam on Adom TV
- Ghana needs GH¢3.3 billion to fund Free SHS fully – Prof Aryeetey
- Decision to make UDS-Wa campus autonomous sign of good leadership - Group
- We will regulate artisanal mining - Mahama
- 4 signs your relationship won’t see 2019
- Lifestyle: Man who ran down 6 pedestrians with a car in Australia has been found guilty of murder
- 5 ways to make your clothes smell good
- Strategy: Amazon reportedly plans to set up 2 different locations for its HQ2 — in New York and Virginia (AMZN)
- Buhari Shocks Presidency Staff: "Haven’t You Watched Videos Of Ganduje Stuffing Dollars Under His Agbada"
- Kwankwaso Meets 3 PhD Holders He Sponsored Abroad
- Young Lady Drugged, R*ped In Lagos By Man She Refused
- Fayose Hosts Peter Obi In His Lagos Home (Photos)
- Woman Loses Her Life Savings To Native Doctor Due To Greed
- Multiple Car Crashes In Abuja, Four Confirmed Dead
- ‘There Are Fewer Accidents In Ghana Than Expected; It’s A Miracle’