The organisers of Miss Ghana, Exclusive Events Ghana has finally reacted to reports that the reigning queen, Margaret Dery has resigned as the 2017 Miss Ghana queen. In a statement they sent out to the press, they indicated that they have ‘gladly’ accepted her resignation.
Ghbase.com shared the story about Margaret Dery resigning as a beauty queen after wearing the crown for 8 months. Although the main reason why she resigned has not been stated, it’s clear she was tired of being the queen of a beauty pageant she described as a ‘sham’ in some tweets she made days ago.
According to the organisers, they only learned about the news of her resignation through the media, although Margaret had indicated she resigned by sending them an email.
In the official statement issued by Exclusive Events Ghana, they told her; “We wish Margaret Dery well in her next career and we do pray that she will uphold the ethics of professionalism, respect for contracts as well as show the necessary respect to the new authority she finds herself under,”
Exclusive Events Ghana stressed that they “are very focused and ever determined to use the Miss Ghana Beauty Pageant to help the poor, needy and the vulnerable in rural areas and deprived communities and absolutely nothing can distract us from this noble journey.”
The 2018 Miss Ghana will be launched tomorrow, 2nd August 2018.
Read full statement below:
Exclusive Events Ghana Gladly Accepts the Resignation of Margaret Dery
It has come to our attention through the media that the winner of the 2017 edition of the Miss Ghana beauty pageant Margaret Dery has resigned.
The management of Exclusive Events Ghana, the organizers of the Miss Ghana beauty pageant have gladly accepted the resignation of Margaret Dery in good faith.
The major vision of Exclusive Events Ghana is to promote the culture of discipline, respect for authority, good corporate governance and use the crown to change the lives of the vulnerable and deprived communities.
We did our very best to lead the winners and runners-up of the beauty pageant to live and act in accordance with the major vision. That is the more reason why we recently commissioned and donated a water project to the Nabuli Witch Camp in Gushegu in the Northern Region of Ghana. Unfortunately, Margaret Dery never showed up for the programme for reasons best known to her.
Management of Exclusive Events Ghana are very focused and ever determined to use the Miss Ghana Beauty Pageant to help the poor, needy and the vulnerable in rural areas and deprived communities and absolutely nothing can distract us from this noble journey.
We wish Margaret Dery well in her next career and we do pray that she will uphold the ethics of professionalism, respect for contracts as well as show the necessary respect to the new authority she finds herself under.
Issued: by Public Affairs Department.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Girl Smarts: Kate Hudson’s fabletics line looks like this in real life
- Guy Smarts: How many calories do you burn while you sleep?
- Odd Enough: Is it acceptable to shave on public transportation?
- WHO Warns Against Air Pollution-related Deaths
- Committee Under Fire To Release Report On Asawase Police Killings
- Experts To Green Northern Ghana
- Bongo: Agriculture Activities Affected Due To Lack Of Good Bridges
- Blame NDC on DTV Migration Delay, Not NPP
- ‘Communications Ministry Always Disgracing Gov’t’
- LEAP Currently Serving Over 456,000 Households
- Kumbungu Youth Chief On Police Wanted List
- Habitat Fair Offers Great Deals
- This Is The Most Photographed House In Africa
- Ghanaian Striker Seth Painstil Scores Again As Admira Beat Wacker In Austria
- Cameroon Captain Benjamin Moukandjo Retires From International Football
- CAF Confederation Cup: Enyimba Clobber Rwandan Side Rayon Sports To Book Last Four Spot
- Lacazette And Aubameyang Earn Arsenal Win Over Everton
- Opinion: Welcome to college. Your parents are in the tents next door
- World: Armed with a laptop and a spreadsheet, he takes on the city's biggest landlords
- Politics: How 2 guys in a Connecticut jail cell helped change the way America does drugs
- Entertainment: Life is a cabaret (and Alan Cumming is tending bar)
- World: Hurricane Florence has gone, but challenges for the Carolinas have just begun
- Finance: Wall Street's convinced that Tesla will need to raise more cash — and has some theories about how and when that may happen (TSLA)
- World: Nigerian herders' biggest fear: Not lions, but farmers
- World: Talk of the 25th amendment underscores a volatile presidency
- World: Tentative deal reached for Aavanaugh accuser to testify on Thursday
- World: Japan vows to cut its nuclear hoard. Neighbors fear the opposite
- Group To Validate OGP Commitments
- 60 Years Of GMA: Ntranoa And Surrounding Communities Undergo Health Screening
- Ghanaian Youth Should Be More Innovative
- Breast Cancer Is A Disease Not A Curse
- CAF Champions League: These four clubs have qualified for semis
- Sports: Packers coach Mike McCarthy freaks out at referees after Clay Matthews called for another questionable roughing-the-passer penalty
- Golden Clash: AshGold beat Kotoko in 5-goal thriller
- Sports: 'It doesn't look good': 49ers fear Jimmy Garoppolo suffered a season-ending knee injury
- Finance: Weed stocks have become so popular that Robinhood is having trouble executing trades for one of the most-popular names
- Politics: Step aboard the USS Kearsarge, the US Navy workhorse that takes Marines to war
- Shocking: Woman sustains injuries jumping out of moving taxi after driver tries to rob and kidnap her
- Young girls primary victims of humanitarian strife
- Richmond Boakye Scores For Red Star Belgrade In Draw At Partizan In 'The Eternal Derby'
- AshantiGold Defeat Asante Kotoko In 'Golden Clash' Return Encounter
- Sports: Tiger Woods completes first win since 2013 as celebrating crowd mobs the course in surreal scene