The organisers of Miss Ghana, Exclusive Events Ghana has finally reacted to reports that the reigning queen, Margaret Dery has resigned as the 2017 Miss Ghana queen. In a statement they sent out to the press, they indicated that they have ‘gladly’ accepted her resignation.
Ghbase.com shared the story about Margaret Dery resigning as a beauty queen after wearing the crown for 8 months. Although the main reason why she resigned has not been stated, it’s clear she was tired of being the queen of a beauty pageant she described as a ‘sham’ in some tweets she made days ago.
According to the organisers, they only learned about the news of her resignation through the media, although Margaret had indicated she resigned by sending them an email.
In the official statement issued by Exclusive Events Ghana, they told her; “We wish Margaret Dery well in her next career and we do pray that she will uphold the ethics of professionalism, respect for contracts as well as show the necessary respect to the new authority she finds herself under,”
Exclusive Events Ghana stressed that they “are very focused and ever determined to use the Miss Ghana Beauty Pageant to help the poor, needy and the vulnerable in rural areas and deprived communities and absolutely nothing can distract us from this noble journey.”
The 2018 Miss Ghana will be launched tomorrow, 2nd August 2018.
Read full statement below:
Exclusive Events Ghana Gladly Accepts the Resignation of Margaret Dery
It has come to our attention through the media that the winner of the 2017 edition of the Miss Ghana beauty pageant Margaret Dery has resigned.
The management of Exclusive Events Ghana, the organizers of the Miss Ghana beauty pageant have gladly accepted the resignation of Margaret Dery in good faith.
The major vision of Exclusive Events Ghana is to promote the culture of discipline, respect for authority, good corporate governance and use the crown to change the lives of the vulnerable and deprived communities.
We did our very best to lead the winners and runners-up of the beauty pageant to live and act in accordance with the major vision. That is the more reason why we recently commissioned and donated a water project to the Nabuli Witch Camp in Gushegu in the Northern Region of Ghana. Unfortunately, Margaret Dery never showed up for the programme for reasons best known to her.
Management of Exclusive Events Ghana are very focused and ever determined to use the Miss Ghana Beauty Pageant to help the poor, needy and the vulnerable in rural areas and deprived communities and absolutely nothing can distract us from this noble journey.
We wish Margaret Dery well in her next career and we do pray that she will uphold the ethics of professionalism, respect for contracts as well as show the necessary respect to the new authority she finds herself under.
Issued: by Public Affairs Department.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Here are the capitals of the newly created regions
- Ahmed Suale Came To My House Jittering—Nyantakyi
- National Folklore Board Signs Contract To Protect Folklore
- "It's a joy to see my two sons playing for Bayern and Barcelona"- KP Boateng' father
- 'I condemn Nana B for slapping Sammy Gyamfi' - Failed NPP Youth Organizer
- You Have Surprised Me, Ex-President Mahama!
- Menaye shades Asamoah Gyan with photo of Muntari and son plus 'DNA' caption
- Date For 2019 BECE Revised
- Manasseh Azure Awuni exposes corrupt female appointee at Jubilee House
- Why There Will Not Be Another Biafra
- This is how angry man punished rat for chewing his phone charger
- Step mum who left boy’s hand to rot after cutting it sentenced
- Asamoah Gyan is a disgrace; must be ashamed of himself now – Ghanaians
- FLASHBACK: I'll die for NAM 1 because of his money - Willi Roi
- VIDEO: Anokye Supremo’s body finally arrives in Ghana
- I did not justify 'bloody widow' placards – Sam George sets record straight
- Takoradi: Audio Tape Exposes Arrested Kidnapper
- The Oracle Played A Game Of Chess In Dagbon With The Rise Of Naa Abubakari Mahama (Naa Gariba II)
- Hear Ye the Truth, the Family of the Late Tiger Eye PI Journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- 3 reasons why a first degree is not valued in Ghana anymore
- Nkoranza NPP youth defect to NDC over Techiman capital
- Huge Crowd At Agyarko’s Funeral
- Bawumia Attends World Economic Forum
- Police Make Headway In Anas Boy’s Murder
- Concerned Police Officer Writes To The President
- Asabke Breaks Down In Court, Afoko Expresses Outrage
- LIVE UPDATES: Ghana vs Mali (U-20 AFCON)
- FLASHBACK: Jesus' second coming may never happen – Willi Roi
- I exchanged phones with Okyeame Kwame for a week – wife reveals
- Ahead Of 2020 Elections: NPP Activist Dares Mahama To Put His Family At The Battlefront
- GES Directive For WR School Heads
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Dies In Car Crash Few Days To Her Wedding
- Chantelle Asante rocks her baby bump on Instagram!
- Public Workers To Enjoy Digitised Payments From July
- Significance of Nana Addo’s yellow smock at Yaa-Naa’s investiture explained
- Volta Region Erupts For John Mahama
- Ghana Post MD, New Board Members Meet Asantehene Otumfuo
- Kotoko Shops For Holding Midfielder
- Corporal Punishment: Compliance On Ban Needs More Than ‘Threat’ Of Sanction
- Body of football player Emliano Sala found in plane wreckage
- Kaneshie Complex Now Befits Azumah Stature …Sports Minister
- U20 AFCON: Ghanaian media descend massively on Jimmy Corbblah after disappointing defeat to Mali