Michelle Diamond Gbagonah popularly known as Michy or Shatta Michy has disclosed in an interview how she lost out on a job because of her involvement in the entertainment industry. Michy who is the baby mama and on and off girlfriend of the dancehall king Shatta Wale, says although she lost out on a job because of showbiz, she’s also grateful because of it’s opened doors for her as well.
In an interview with Graphic Showbiz, she spoke about how she cannot do the things normal people could easily do because she’s in the limelight and recounted how she lost out on a job just because the panel felt she couldn’t be working in two industries that are very demanding.
“You know, there are times you want to be alone, have some intimate moments, go about your activities like any other person would but because you are in the light, you cannot and sometimes it is not all that good,” she told Showbiz in an interview.
Apart from not being able to do certain things, Michy also disclosed that she had missed out on some opportunities because of her involvement in show business.
‘I remember at Ghana Meets Naija in 2016, I had an interview the Monday after the event for a cabin crew job. Then I came showing things on stage, with my hair dyed red like that.
“So on Monday, I went before the panel which was the final stage. They asked me if I was into showbiz because they wanted to know how I was going to juggle the two as both industries are really demanding. I tried denying, the truth is that, I did not go with the red hair, I dyed it back to its black colour.
“As I kept denying, one of the panellists just showed me a newspaper with me in my Ghana Meets Naija outfit and here I was dumbfounded. I could have gotten the job easily because the people realised that I was good at what I wanted to do, I am actually trained in that. So yes, being in the entertainment fraternity has helped but I have had its downside too,” she said.
She added, “when it all started, I didn’t know how to do some things, like what to wear, how to behave, how to talk, I just didn’t understand the industry then but now, it is not like that. I have learnt the game that is how come I can sometimes cut the world off, no social media; no friends, just me having my time.
Michy is 25 and has been Shatta Wale’s ride or die girlfriend for years and they have a son together. Although they had some relationship issues this year, it seems they have resolved their differences and are back together again according to Shatta Wale.
Shatta Wale has hinted they will be dropping another song very soon.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Ghanaians descend heavily on Anas following Sannie Daara legal knockout in human rights suit
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- We Don’t Begrudge Techiman, Whether Capital Or Not Nkoranza Will Develop ─Group
- Dr. Da Costa Applauds Gov’t over New Ambulances
- Chief Imam In London
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Ozil Ready To Frustrate Arsenal
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Family of late cop exposes Mahama over video showed to diplomats
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Gen. Mosquito, Ofosu-Ampofo, Ponkoh, run for cover as NDC meeting turns bloody
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B