The Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) after their meeting with the Government of Ghana have settled on ways to solve the current Ghana football crisis.
FIFA issued a warning to the Government of Ghana (GoG) to withdraw their liquidation case against the nation’s football governing body or face its wrath.
One of the major steps is the Government will take steps to discotinue their bid to dissolve the Ghana Football Association.
The governement wrote to FIFA asking for further discussion on the issue and they have now come to a consensus after the meeting.
FIFA says it will in consultation with the Government of Ghana and CAF constitute a ‘normalisation committee’ to run the Ghana Football Association.
The committee will replace the Executive Committee and organise elections for a new executive committee.
FIFA took the the decision after a powerful delegation led by Sports Minister Isaac Asiamah, Deputy Chief of Staff Samuel JInapor, the Minister of Information designate Kojo Oppong Nkrumah.
Read the letter below:
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire historic Cocoa floor price to begin in 2020/2021
- Format of 2022 World Cup qualifiers for Africa announced
- ‘I’m really sorry’- Ekuban apologizes to Ghanaians
- 19-year-old Solomon Asuhene is youngest Chartered Accountant
- We'll force Speaker to resign – Fighters
- GCB Bank staff suicide: Colleagues shocked
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations: Kwesi Appiah puzzled over Black Stars penalty curse
- Supreme Court orders sale of Woyome’s assets
- Don’t learn our bad example - Former Central Bank of Nigeria boss begs Ghana
- Cyber Pirates Target Banks, Telecoms in Ghana – Police Warns
- Herve Renard's Morocco beats Ivory Coast to reach last 16
- Prestea Huni-Valley NDC Commends Gold Fields Ghana Limited.
- NASPA executives applaud Akufo-Addo for rearing for food and jobs programme
- Luxury Vehicle Tax killing us - Dealers cry out
- Innovative NDC Under President John Dramani Mahama Gave Life To The First Class 33km Tarkwa -Damang Asphalt Road
- Disclose money used by Short Commission - Kweku Boahen dares Akufo-Addo
- Ghana signs deal to cut carbon emissions and reduce deforestation
- 6-year-old disabled twin orphans live in abject poverty
- Parliament Made Changes of Select Committees, Ken Agyepong Chairs Local Govt
- "Involve More Women In Peacekeeping Operations"
- PDS Injects GHC15m To Boost Power Supply In Oti Region
- John Boye’s absence won’t affect the team – Coach Kwasi Appiah
- Appiah on potential early exit: You must be prepared for anything
- 31 hotels, lodges and hostels shutdown in Eastern region
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations: We need VAR in AFCON - Kwesi Appiah
- Ayew family holds party for Dede, Jordan and Wakaso upon AFCON return
- Read judgement: African Court on Human Rights dismisses Woyome case
- Majority Leader proffers 9 reasons for new chamber
- Stay away from child labour – Cocoa farmers warned
- Cocoa farmer cooperatives to access direct agrochemicals, other from COCOBOD – CEO
- MP Drags Minister To Parliament Over Spate of Armed Robbery
- Ethiopian referee Bamlak Weyesa to officiate Ghana-Cameroon clash
- You’re ‘criminal’; pay your debt – Maurice Ampaw mocks Woyome
- Illicit drugs worth GHC1million burnt on World Drugs Day
- Learn to respect Akufo-Addo or risk going to jail - Irbard chides Manasseh
- Simplify your findings to policymakers – Former Nigerian Governor to economists
- NCA Case Lands In Supreme Court
- Kofi Annan ICT Centre, Sunyani Technical Univ collaborate to propel dev’t
- Ghana ready for Cameroon - Kwadwo Asamoah
- 2012 Election Petition: Sammi Awuku recalls his day in Supreme Court
- Nsapor M/A school abandons school block after rains rip-off roofing
- AFCON 2019: Man destroys TV after losing GH¢10k bet in Algeria-Nigeria match