The Jaman South Municipal Assembly has presented over 1,000 dual desks to the Municipal Education Directorate for distribution to basic schools in the municipality.
250 of the desks are for the Kindergarten category, 350 for Primary Schools, and 400 pieces for Junior High Schools
At the handing over ceremony of the desks, the Municipal Chief Executive, Alhaji Abuu, noted that donation was to deepen the government‘s commitment to support quality education in the municipality.
He added that the provision of the desks formed part of measures to address all educational-related challenges in the district.
The MCE urged the authorities of schools to stick to the culture of maintenance regarding government property.
The Municipal Director of Education, Mr. Joseph Donkor, who received the desks on behalf of the Education Directorate, thanked the assembly and the MCE for the support.
Mr. Donkoh announced he would soon launch “Operation Save Government Property” in the Municipality, as his first initiative as a new Municipal Director of Education in the Municipality.
The operation aims at making sure government property is properly maintained
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- BREAKING: CBN Revokes Skye Bank’s License
- Two Men Fight Over Who'll Sit At Front Seat Of A Bus In Lagos
- How People React To Adebayo Shittu Skipping NYSC
- Why PDP Lost In 2015 But Will Win In 2019 – Kwankwaso
- Politics: Brett Kavanaugh's accuser wants the FBI to investigate her claims before she testifies to Senate committee, and it could delay his Supreme Court confirmation indefinitely
- Nigeria's 3rd Richest Country In Africa, Lagos 4th Richest City
- Hotspots, not trouble spots: Africa seeks tourism boom
- Prof Adei urges government to stop allowances to trainee teachers, nurses
- APO: South Africa: President’s coordinating council endorses action in Education, Health and Infrastructure
- Lifestyle: A long-dormant high-speed rail project meant to connect Las Vegas and Southern California has a new owner
- This Beautiful "Young Woman" Is 59 Years Old
- Secret Plot Begins To Remove Saraki, Dogara "Violently"?
- Meet Me In My Office September 20 - Gov. Fayose Writes EFCC
- Oyo Speaker, Minority Leader, Others Decamp To APC, ADC
- 4 People You Shouldn’t Travel With
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- R*pist Terrorizing EKSU Female Students Nabbed, Stripped
- Jimi Agbaje Joins Lagos 2019 Governorship Race
- NASS Approves All President Buhari's Demands On Electoral Act
- Sack Shama DCE - Youth Group To Akufo-Addo
- Licensing Exams Not To Frustrate Teachers
- Mr. President; Financial Sector Crisis – A Quick Fix Or A Right Fix?
- ASA Savings And Loans Presents Scholarship To 20 Students, Mosquito Nets To Clients
- Inlaks Ghana Occupies New office Space to Support Growth
- GIBA Supports Accra Psychiatric Hospital
- ‘Government’s Industrialization Drive Is On Track” – Bawumia
- H Boima Fahnbulleh's Annual Rental of US $50,000.000: A Catastrophe Of The Odd
- Obuasi MCE On ‘My First Day At School’ Tour
- Asokwahene Of New Juaben To Be Honored At 3G Awards In NY
- Security agencies at Tema Port pledge to tackle diversion of cargo
- I miss Anas sometimes – Ken Agyapong
- GPHA donates 10,000 copies of math textbooks in support of Free SHS
- Special Award category for Maritime Journalism instituted by GJA
- Ghana Shippers’ Authority holds sixth maritime seminar for Journalists
- GRA shares vision in media engagement
- B5 Plus extends its reach, opens new factory in Prampram
- Government begins pilot to digitise NHIS cards
- Steady progress on the pitch at Accra Sports Stadium
- Our value system has broken down – Kojo Yankah
- Rot At Bost: GHc40m BOST money was used to buy fuel for military – MP
- APO: Reunion de haut niveau entre les organisations regionales operant dans la region du Sahel
- Finance: Former GM exec Bob Lutz predicts conspiracy theorists will soon be asking 'Who killed Tesla?' (TSLA)