The Ashanti regional management of the Ghana Highway Authority (GHA) in compliance with the Ghana Highway Authority Act 540 of 1997, has set up a Task Force to enforce Road Reservation in the Region.
The five-member task force is mandated to remove all structures illegally sited within the Road Reservations and prevent any further encroachment of same, with immediate effect.
The members are Mr Nurudeen Moomin, Regional Safety and Environment officer, who is also the team leader for the task force, Mr Albert O. Amon, Regional Auditor, Mr Elorm Fiagbe, the Regional Surveyor, Mr Michael Turkson, Regional Administrator and the Chairman for the Ghana Highway Authority Retired Staff Association (GHARSA), Nana Nanabanyin Ninsin Mbeah ll.
In a statement issued and signed by the Regional Highway Director, Mr Christian Nti, the team would also demand and prevent inspect the permits for Entry and Exit of all filling stations sited within the Ashanti region and be made to pay the appropriate charges as stipulated in the Fees and Charges(Amendment) instrument 2016 currently in force.
The statement added that, the team would also identify all persons who have without the written permission of the Authority, carried out illegal excavation within the Road corridor for all such persons to be surcharged for the illegitimate destruction of public property so made, and failure to pay for the destruction would be made to face the laws of the appropriate prosecution land.
The management of the Ghana Highway Authority has by this statement called on all stakeholders to assist in the protection of public assets and prayed the Task force discharge its assignment with diligence and high level of dedication and professionalism.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Doctors Surgically Remove Toy Stuck In Boy's Throat (Pics)
- Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts for Fear of Buhari?
- Story Of Lady Who Fell From The Sky After Getting Sucked Out Of A Plane (Photos)
- Angola bets on largest-ever offshore oil investment
- Fighting wars and disease, smartphones on the frontlines
- Libya warlord casts shadow over Italy's bid to solve crisis
- Africa Investment Forum Exceeds Expectations
- 3 civilians killed in attack on UN contractor in Mali
- Chiefs Want Schools Under Trees Replaced
- Media Coalition Accuses MPs Of Being Disinterested In RTI
- Upper West residents welcome Wa UDS autonomy announcement
- GRA arrests four persons for diverting Free Zone Enclave goods
- Ghana servicing interest on debt with its internal revenue
- AAU reiterates commitment to attainment of AU’s vision 2063
- Professor Yankah calls for harmonisation of African universities
- Moshake advises NDC to ‘cure administrative ignorance’
- 4 amazing health benefits of salmon
- Politics: Trump has reportedly decided to fire Homeland Security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen — and it could come as soon as this week
- Lifestyle: Police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, are responding to reports of a shooting
- Tinunu's Wealth Questionable? EFCC Boss Asks Journalist To Write Petition
- Obasanjo Speaks: Govs Against LG Autonomy Are Enemies Of Nigerians
- Millionaire Chief Bademosi's "Killer" Arraigned, Sent To Prison
- Hoodlums vandalise 18 vehicles, rob traders openly in Lagos
- Nigerian Prince Who Scammed People In US Appears In Court, Begs To Go Home (Photos)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Nana Addo Deceiving Ghanaians With Incorruptible Clean Appointees Claim--NDC
- 'We Do Not Invite Players Base On Public Influence' - Richard Kingson Slams Critics
- LIVESTREAMING: Badwam on Adom TV
- Ghana needs GH¢3.3 billion to fund Free SHS fully – Prof Aryeetey
- Decision to make UDS-Wa campus autonomous sign of good leadership - Group
- We will regulate artisanal mining - Mahama
- 4 signs your relationship won’t see 2019
- Lifestyle: Man who ran down 6 pedestrians with a car in Australia has been found guilty of murder
- 5 ways to make your clothes smell good
- Strategy: Amazon reportedly plans to set up 2 different locations for its HQ2 — in New York and Virginia (AMZN)
- Buhari Shocks Presidency Staff: "Haven’t You Watched Videos Of Ganduje Stuffing Dollars Under His Agbada"
- Kwankwaso Meets 3 PhD Holders He Sponsored Abroad
- Young Lady Drugged, R*ped In Lagos By Man She Refused
- Fayose Hosts Peter Obi In His Lagos Home (Photos)
- Woman Loses Her Life Savings To Native Doctor Due To Greed
- Multiple Car Crashes In Abuja, Four Confirmed Dead
- ‘There Are Fewer Accidents In Ghana Than Expected; It’s A Miracle’