The Ashanti regional management of the Ghana Highway Authority (GHA) in compliance with the Ghana Highway Authority Act 540 of 1997, has set up a Task Force to enforce Road Reservation in the Region.
The five-member task force is mandated to remove all structures illegally sited within the Road Reservations and prevent any further encroachment of same, with immediate effect.
The members are Mr Nurudeen Moomin, Regional Safety and Environment officer, who is also the team leader for the task force, Mr Albert O. Amon, Regional Auditor, Mr Elorm Fiagbe, the Regional Surveyor, Mr Michael Turkson, Regional Administrator and the Chairman for the Ghana Highway Authority Retired Staff Association (GHARSA), Nana Nanabanyin Ninsin Mbeah ll.
In a statement issued and signed by the Regional Highway Director, Mr Christian Nti, the team would also demand and prevent inspect the permits for Entry and Exit of all filling stations sited within the Ashanti region and be made to pay the appropriate charges as stipulated in the Fees and Charges(Amendment) instrument 2016 currently in force.
The statement added that, the team would also identify all persons who have without the written permission of the Authority, carried out illegal excavation within the Road corridor for all such persons to be surcharged for the illegitimate destruction of public property so made, and failure to pay for the destruction would be made to face the laws of the appropriate prosecution land.
The management of the Ghana Highway Authority has by this statement called on all stakeholders to assist in the protection of public assets and prayed the Task force discharge its assignment with diligence and high level of dedication and professionalism.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Girl Smarts: Kate Hudson’s fabletics line looks like this in real life
- Guy Smarts: How many calories do you burn while you sleep?
- Odd Enough: Is it acceptable to shave on public transportation?
- Five killed in torrential Tunisia rains
- WHO Warns Against Air Pollution-related Deaths
- Committee Under Fire To Release Report On Asawase Police Killings
- Experts To Green Northern Ghana
- Bongo: Agriculture Activities Affected Due To Lack Of Good Bridges
- Blame NDC on DTV Migration Delay, Not NPP
- ‘Communications Ministry Always Disgracing Gov’t’
- LEAP Currently Serving Over 456,000 Households
- Kumbungu Youth Chief On Police Wanted List
- Habitat Fair Offers Great Deals
- This Is The Most Photographed House In Africa
- Ghanaian Striker Seth Painstil Scores Again As Admira Beat Wacker In Austria
- Cameroon Captain Benjamin Moukandjo Retires From International Football
- CAF Confederation Cup: Enyimba Clobber Rwandan Side Rayon Sports To Book Last Four Spot
- Lacazette And Aubameyang Earn Arsenal Win Over Everton
- Opinion: Welcome to college. Your parents are in the tents next door
- World: Armed with a laptop and a spreadsheet, he takes on the city's biggest landlords
- Politics: How 2 guys in a Connecticut jail cell helped change the way America does drugs
- Entertainment: Life is a cabaret (and Alan Cumming is tending bar)
- World: Hurricane Florence has gone, but challenges for the Carolinas have just begun
- Finance: Wall Street's convinced that Tesla will need to raise more cash — and has some theories about how and when that may happen (TSLA)
- World: Nigerian herders' biggest fear: Not lions, but farmers
- World: Talk of the 25th amendment underscores a volatile presidency
- World: Tentative deal reached for Aavanaugh accuser to testify on Thursday
- World: Japan vows to cut its nuclear hoard. Neighbors fear the opposite
- Group To Validate OGP Commitments
- 60 Years Of GMA: Ntranoa And Surrounding Communities Undergo Health Screening
- Ghanaian Youth Should Be More Innovative
- Breast Cancer Is A Disease Not A Curse
- CAF Champions League: These four clubs have qualified for semis
- Sports: Packers coach Mike McCarthy freaks out at referees after Clay Matthews called for another questionable roughing-the-passer penalty
- Golden Clash: AshGold beat Kotoko in 5-goal thriller
- Sports: 'It doesn't look good': 49ers fear Jimmy Garoppolo suffered a season-ending knee injury
- Finance: Weed stocks have become so popular that Robinhood is having trouble executing trades for one of the most-popular names
- Politics: Step aboard the USS Kearsarge, the US Navy workhorse that takes Marines to war
- Shocking: Woman sustains injuries jumping out of moving taxi after driver tries to rob and kidnap her
- Young girls primary victims of humanitarian strife
- Richmond Boakye Scores For Red Star Belgrade In Draw At Partizan In 'The Eternal Derby'
- AshantiGold Defeat Asante Kotoko In 'Golden Clash' Return Encounter