Kumasi based leading private commercial radio station, OTEC FM, today Saturday, September 22, 2018 held a day’s training programme for its numerous employees.
The employees were trained as part of measures to improve worker-efficiency, and also OTEC FM Ghana‘s resolve to equip its staff to enable them deliver world class services aimed at maintaining its status as number one commercial station in the Kumasi Metropolis.
According to the Management of the company, given their growing market appeal and wide listener base, it has become necessary to adapt to international best practices, hence the training.
An ace journalist, Kofi Adu Domfe who facilitated the training workshop said the independence of journalists do not only enhance their profession, but also build their credibility that will allow the audience to consume their works to their benefits.
According to the multiple international award winner, lack of consistence lack of professionalism in their works, shows their biases and it creates an avenue for people to question your will objectivity and end loosing respect from the audience.
“Independence of the journalist is very important because it smacks of ability to withhold your biases, the ability to forgo any nuisances that comes with discomfort of a subject. So as a journalist, work is to ask the relevant questions and feeds the audience with credible information for the public to take their own decisions,” he said.
According to him, once your credibility is affected, there is no way your audience will respect your personality, consume your works and will lose their respect.
“If the public knows you have set your own agenda, you will end up feeding the public with personal information which are bias, the target audience will not benefit from your work because you have taken your stands already. Once you lose their respect, they will not consume your work,” he echoed.
The CEO of Institute of Business Management and Journalism (IBMJ), Philip Owusu Fordjour, lecturing on the topic “Agenda Setting”, urged media practitioners to look at interested issues that are of public concern to discuss.
“As a journalist, you must not follow the bandwagon, that is, you must toe the line on what the other media houses are discussing. You must set your own agenda and that can be done through research which is also done by asking the public relevant questions to know problems affecting them,” he added.
“That’s the mark of a professional and genius journalist,” he concluded.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Here are the capitals of the newly created regions
- Ahmed Suale Came To My House Jittering—Nyantakyi
- National Folklore Board Signs Contract To Protect Folklore
- "It's a joy to see my two sons playing for Bayern and Barcelona"- KP Boateng' father
- 'I condemn Nana B for slapping Sammy Gyamfi' - Failed NPP Youth Organizer
- You Have Surprised Me, Ex-President Mahama!
- Menaye shades Asamoah Gyan with photo of Muntari and son plus 'DNA' caption
- Date For 2019 BECE Revised
- Manasseh Azure Awuni exposes corrupt female appointee at Jubilee House
- Police Administration reshuffles senior officers
- Why There Will Not Be Another Biafra
- This is how angry man punished rat for chewing his phone charger
- Step mum who left boy’s hand to rot after cutting it sentenced
- Asamoah Gyan is a disgrace; must be ashamed of himself now – Ghanaians
- FLASHBACK: I'll die for NAM 1 because of his money - Willi Roi
- VIDEO: Anokye Supremo’s body finally arrives in Ghana
- Shatta Wale and Andy Dosty go on a twitter war - both threaten each other for digging their own graves
- I did not justify 'bloody widow' placards – Sam George sets record straight
- Takoradi: Audio Tape Exposes Arrested Kidnapper
- The Oracle Played A Game Of Chess In Dagbon With The Rise Of Naa Abubakari Mahama (Naa Gariba II)
- Hear Ye the Truth, the Family of the Late Tiger Eye PI Journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- 3 reasons why a first degree is not valued in Ghana anymore
- Nkoranza NPP youth defect to NDC over Techiman capital
- Huge Crowd At Agyarko’s Funeral
- Bawumia Attends World Economic Forum
- Police Make Headway In Anas Boy’s Murder
- Concerned Police Officer Writes To The President
- Asabke Breaks Down In Court, Afoko Expresses Outrage
- LIVE UPDATES: Ghana vs Mali (U-20 AFCON)
- FLASHBACK: Jesus' second coming may never happen – Willi Roi
- I exchanged phones with Okyeame Kwame for a week – wife reveals
- Ahead Of 2020 Elections: NPP Activist Dares Mahama To Put His Family At The Battlefront
- GES Directive For WR School Heads
- Chantelle Asante rocks her baby bump on Instagram!
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Dies In Car Crash Few Days To Her Wedding
- Public Workers To Enjoy Digitised Payments From July
- Significance of Nana Addo’s yellow smock at Yaa-Naa’s investiture explained
- Volta Region Erupts For John Mahama
- Kotoko Shops For Holding Midfielder
- Corporal Punishment: Compliance On Ban Needs More Than ‘Threat’ Of Sanction
- Ghana Post MD, New Board Members Meet Asantehene Otumfuo
- Body of football player Emliano Sala found in plane wreckage