During a radio discussion on newsfile on JOY FM, today 22nd September 2018, the Member of Parliament for Efutu, Lawyer Afenyo Markins, stated categorically that Mr Alfred Obeng, the immediate past MD of BOST was sacked from office not because of any wrongdoing but due to his effort to clean up the mess at BOST.
He said in an attempt to streamline and clean up the rot, the cartel in the oil sector got hurt and ganged up against him and created bad impression about him leading to his condemnation by the public opinion.
The host of the programme, Lawyer Sampson Lardi Ayinini questioned whether the President could just remove him based on public opinion?
In response, Honourable Afenyo Markins insisted that from the facts available and what he knows both within and outside, there was no wrongdoing on his part unless any of the pannel members knows something not known to him.
Lawyer Sampson Lardi said then the government had not been fair to him because under such circumstances he should have been reassigned to another place instead of sacking him.
The legislator for Efutu admitted the unfair treatment given to Mr. Alfred Obeng but he was quick to add that politics is not a game of fairness.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Rubber Bullets Were Used On Adentan Protesters--Police
- "Fix Our Streetlights"
- KNUST Primary Teachers Back Their Counterparts To Strike
- Kenpong; A Treasure Worth Celebrating - Charles Taylor
- Go Back To School--Minister Charges Striking Teachers Of Colleges Of Education
- Teshie-Aglizaa Road Will Be Fixed--MP Okoe Boye Assures
- Nana Addo Has No Interest In Oti Region Creation
- Tema Port Expansion Project: Cranes Set To Sail To Ghana
- Analysis: Why Ghana Needs A National Airline
- Doctors Surgically Remove Toy Stuck In Boy's Throat (Pics)
- Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts for Fear of Buhari?
- Story Of Lady Who Fell From The Sky After Getting Sucked Out Of A Plane (Photos)
- Angola bets on largest-ever offshore oil investment
- Fighting wars and disease, smartphones on the frontlines
- Libya warlord casts shadow over Italy's bid to solve crisis
- Africa Investment Forum Exceeds Expectations
- 3 civilians killed in attack on UN contractor in Mali
- Chiefs Want Schools Under Trees Replaced
- Media Coalition Accuses MPs Of Being Disinterested In RTI
- Upper West residents welcome Wa UDS autonomy announcement
- GRA arrests four persons for diverting Free Zone Enclave goods
- Ghana servicing interest on debt with its internal revenue
- AAU reiterates commitment to attainment of AU’s vision 2063
- Professor Yankah calls for harmonisation of African universities
- Moshake advises NDC to ‘cure administrative ignorance’
- Parents urged to protect the interest of their children
- New price for sachet water rejected by sellers
- Huudu Yahaya not stepping down from chairmanship race - Campaign team
- Ghana Rugby: Herbert Mensah praises Interplast and other sponsors
- My office ‘almost hopeless’ to fight corruption – Martin Amidu laments
- 4 amazing health benefits of salmon
- Politics: Trump has reportedly decided to fire Homeland Security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen — and it could come as soon as this week
- Lifestyle: Police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, are responding to reports of a shooting
- Tinunu's Wealth Questionable? EFCC Boss Asks Journalist To Write Petition
- Obasanjo Speaks: Govs Against LG Autonomy Are Enemies Of Nigerians
- Millionaire Chief Bademosi's "Killer" Arraigned, Sent To Prison
- Hoodlums vandalise 18 vehicles, rob traders openly in Lagos
- Nigerian Prince Who Scammed People In US Appears In Court, Begs To Go Home (Photos)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Nana Addo Deceiving Ghanaians With Incorruptible Clean Appointees Claim--NDC
- 'We Do Not Invite Players Base On Public Influence' - Richard Kingson Slams Critics
- LIVESTREAMING: Badwam on Adom TV