Mr Isaac Nimako, the Eastern Regional Manager of the National Board for Small Scale Industries has called on the youth to form business groups to enable them to secure funding for their projects.
He said the youth could establish groups in soap making, bee-keeping, mushrooming, snail rearing and other cash-crops to attract support from financial institutions and become self-employed for good living standard.
Mr Nimako made the call at a workshop organised by the Nsawam-Adoagyiri Business Advisory Centre under the Rural Enterprise Programme to discuss how best to bring the youth under one umbrella to promote agricultural business in the rural communities.
He said the formation of the farming groups would help in reactivating some of the factories like the Astek Pineapple Fruit Processing Factory at Nsawam-Adoagyiri, the Cannery Company and others, which had gone dormant due to inadequate supply of raw materials.
The Regional Manager said the Advisory Centre was ready to furnish prospective farming groups with training and to assist them with social amenities to enhance their activities to create job opportunities.
Mr Kwashie Davies Adamitey, Head of the Business Advisory Centre of Nsawam-Adoagyiri Municipality urged the youth to seriously venture into food crops farming to supply to the local markets and for export to earn a living.
He called on the Nsawam-Adoagyiri Municipal Assembly to create a platform for farmers in the municipality for them to share ideas and for them to come under an umbrella to secure funds to expand their farms.
He said Mr Albert Amponsah of Albe Farms Limited, a private entity was collaborating with the Assembly to register cooperative farmers in the municipality to cultivate, process and export pineapple products.
Mr Rockson Acquah, the Chairman of the Business Advisory Centre hinted that the Assembly had presented 20,000 pineapple suckers to the centre to be given to farmers for replanting and that those who are interested should contact the centre.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- The Backpack Messiah
- Ethiopian rebels fire verbal volley over peace deal
- French PM kicks off national debate with Yellow Vests
- We’re Not Communicating Well For Ghanaians To Understand What We've Achieved – Bawumia
- Former Keta MCE Found Dead
- Agric Ministry Denies Claims Of $12m Missing Fertilizer
- Good News For Divisional Chiefs, Judicial Committee Members As They Earn Allowances From Next Year
- Can new EU measures turn the tide on marine pollution?
- Kintampo SHS needs special attention - Kintampo South PM
- CEPS warns bus drivers against carrying smuggled goods
- We’re Failing At Selling Our “Significant” Achievements – Bawumia
- How 2 Men Were Caught With $2.8m By EFCC At The Airport
- Boko Haram mastermind of deadly Nigeria blasts arrested: police
- Burundi crisis summit postponed again: official
- Macron in Chad for Christmas dinner with Barkhane troops
- UN report on horror of gang rape and exploitation of migrants in Libya
- GHC180m approved for Special Prosecutor; Minority alleges clash of ‘egos’ with AG
- Former Keta MCE found dead in suspected suicide
- AshantiGold SC sign Burkina Faso goalkeeper Baba Zongo
- Meet the Catholic Priest who left his cassock to marry after 15 years
- CAF Confed Cup: Sharks aiming to swim against the tide in Kumasi
- GFA Normalization Committee sends goodwill message to Kotoko
- ASHMA to prosecute households without toilet facilities after February 2019
- Parliament Approves Drone Agreement. Here is All You Need to Know About Ghana's "blood Delivery Drones".MP4
- By switching to lower-cost remittance services, the Ghanaian diaspora could send their loved ones an extra gift this Christmas
- Melcom gives back with appreciation dinner
- Rémy Martin teams up with artist Matt W. Moore to invite us to rethink the way we see the world
- Mustapha Hamid makes false claims on pelele drains in Ashanti region - Masawudu Mubarick
- How KFC became China's most popular fast-food chain and made nearly $5 billion last year
- VIDEO: Ebony didn’t have a place to sleep when I met her – Bullet
- Wife catches slay queen driving husband’s car, she dragged her out of the car
- Martell launches two new cognacs with a fantasy themed exclusive celebration
- Ghana will maintain cocoa production target despite oversupply on the world market
- The Sad Story of Innocent Yousif Musah Who Got Stabbed
- CAF CC: Ashanti Regional Minister Buys 100 Tickets For Kotoko Supporters Ahead Of Sharks Encounter
- Go tough on Ghana’s ‘uncivilized’ sanitation – Rawlings
- Meet the 21-year-old Ghanaian tech whiz who’s coded for Instagram and Snapchat
- Amidu’s office can’t justify GHC30m expenditure – Minority
- Ex President Kufuor’s MCE for Keta commits suicide in uncompleted building
- Seize, sell Menzgold and NAM1's assets to pay clients – Ato Forson to government
- Segun and Ronke Abiona, the couple behind the Nicole and Giovanni brand talks to Business Insider in this exclusive interview
- Jose Mourinho: Manchester United sack manager