Mr Isaac Nimako, the Eastern Regional Manager of the National Board for Small Scale Industries has called on the youth to form business groups to enable them to secure funding for their projects.
He said the youth could establish groups in soap making, bee-keeping, mushrooming, snail rearing and other cash-crops to attract support from financial institutions and become self-employed for good living standard.
Mr Nimako made the call at a workshop organised by the Nsawam-Adoagyiri Business Advisory Centre under the Rural Enterprise Programme to discuss how best to bring the youth under one umbrella to promote agricultural business in the rural communities.
He said the formation of the farming groups would help in reactivating some of the factories like the Astek Pineapple Fruit Processing Factory at Nsawam-Adoagyiri, the Cannery Company and others, which had gone dormant due to inadequate supply of raw materials.
The Regional Manager said the Advisory Centre was ready to furnish prospective farming groups with training and to assist them with social amenities to enhance their activities to create job opportunities.
Mr Kwashie Davies Adamitey, Head of the Business Advisory Centre of Nsawam-Adoagyiri Municipality urged the youth to seriously venture into food crops farming to supply to the local markets and for export to earn a living.
He called on the Nsawam-Adoagyiri Municipal Assembly to create a platform for farmers in the municipality for them to share ideas and for them to come under an umbrella to secure funds to expand their farms.
He said Mr Albert Amponsah of Albe Farms Limited, a private entity was collaborating with the Assembly to register cooperative farmers in the municipality to cultivate, process and export pineapple products.
Mr Rockson Acquah, the Chairman of the Business Advisory Centre hinted that the Assembly had presented 20,000 pineapple suckers to the centre to be given to farmers for replanting and that those who are interested should contact the centre.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Photos Of Fayose At The Airport
- Kayes century sets up easy Bangladesh cricket win
- Crowds protest latest deadly rebel raid in DR Congo
- Tech: Here's how Google's new $150 Home Hub compares to the Amazon Echo Show (AMZN, GOOGL, GOOG)
- Mahama reduces 2020 election to a boxing match
- Lifestyle: Bella Hadid wore a jean bustier with capris, and her all-denim outfit will give you major 2000s flashbacks
- Olympian Emmanuel Nartey successfully completes his doctoral thesis
- MOFRI organises UN Day unity walk
- Public cautioned on usage of motorway roundabout
- Old Santaclausians in North America refurbish their school library Almamata
- Christian men urged to avail themselves for God's use
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Powerful Forces Want Me Out Of APC
- Meet Janet A. Owusu: Ghana’s Young Female Graphic Designer
- Pan Africanism: A Desire For Power Or A Desire For Equality?
- B/A: Bra Dea Foundation Gives Mathematical Sets To 5,000 JHS Students
- The Divisive Nature Of Politics In Ghana
- Karpowership Grabs Best Quality Independent Power Plant Of The Year Award
- There is hope for Ghana: But not in what you think
- Dr. Mahamudu Bawumias Twenty Months In Office, And The True State Of Affairs In The Walewale Constituency
- Assemblyman Elect For Korletsom Electoral Area Support His Community With Two(2) Trips Of Sand, Football And A Set Of Jersey
- The Love Of God Constraintineth Us
- How to Make 300,000 lives wretched
- Emmanuel Game Boy Tagoe Wins WBO Africa Lightweight Belt
- Bukom Fist of Fury Boxbiz Hits Bukom With Bukom Banku Leading The Show
- Raphael Dwamena Meets Legendary Real Madrid Striker Raul Gonzalez
- Jeffery Schlupp Plays Full Throttle As Crystal Palace Suffer Defeat To Everton
- AWCON 2018: Adjoa Bayor And Memunatu Sulemana To Assist In Sunday’s Draw
- Be professional - Valerie Sawyerr to Attorney General
- IT and computer skills, key in creating jobs for the youth – World Bank Country Director
- Ghana only trades two percent with Africa – GEPA
- AMAA 2018: I've done well and hoping to win - Seun Ajayi
- AMAA nomination tells how relevant I am - Gideon Okeke
- Lifestyle: Prince Harry rehearsed an important speech in front of only Meghan Markle, and fans are loving the candid photo
- Live updates from AMAA 2018 in Kigali
- Take a look at the 1st photos from AMAA 2018
- AMAA honour late Chris Ekejimbe at 14th edition in Kigali
- Sports: Titans fail to score on game-winning two-point conversion twice to lose heartbreaker to the Chargers in London
- Lifestyle: Hailey Baldwin is trying to trademark the name 'Hailey Bieber' weeks after she and Justin Bieber were reportedly spotted getting a marriage license
- Tech: 3 reasons you should buy the iPhone XS Max instead of the standard iPhone XS (AAPL)
- Tech: It’s time for tech giants to retire the ‘keynote’ — Apple, Google, and others are all making the same mistake with their product launches
- Barcelona have failed to beat Madrid without Messi since 2004
- Tech: A woman spotted her relatives' call for 'HELP' in photos NOAA took of Hurricane Michael's aftermath, and the program could revolutionize the way people are rescued after disasters