ABii National Savings and Loans, with support from the Tobinco Group of Companies has organised a free health screening and treatment session for its customers and the public at the premises of its Agona-Swedru Branch.
The kind gesture to the community, was part of ABii National’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CRS) on the theme ‘Health for all and true care for the needy’.
With support from ABii National’s parent Company, Tobinco Pharmaceuticals, the programme was aimed at making medical services available to the majority of those who find it difficult or impossible to access medical care.
The screening exercise attracted over 200 people, who took advantage of the occasion to check their health status, such as malaria, blood pressure, blood sugar level, body mass index, hepatitis B and other general health checks with free consultation services.
Numerous drugs ranging from analgesics, hematinic, antibiotics, de-wormers and anti-malaria drugs distributed by Tobinco Pharmaceuticals, were given out free of charge to the participants.
Medical personnel were also available to offer free advice to the people, who took advantage of the programme.
Mr Ashie Bennet, the Head of Corporate Affairs and Service Excellence, ABii National, said his outfit was overwhelmed with the number of people who turned out to be screened, and expressed his joy that the Company reached out to such a large number of people in just one day.
He recounted that ABii National won a Customer Service award just a week ago and it was important that they celebrated their customers and made them feel special.
He said their CSR theme for a couple of years now had been, “Health for all and True Care for the Needy”; and that the event formed part of the numerous programmes and activities lined up to help the needy and poor in society.
He said the exercise had also become even more crucial since it looked like such CSR activities were not common in the area.
He expressed his full gratitude to the other Tobinco Group subsidiary companies, who partnered them, within such a short notice to make the programme possible and successful.
Mr Evans Focus-Quartey, the Branch Manager of ABii National, Agona-Swedru, expressed gratitude to all residents of the area for their immeasurable support over the years and was pleased that the Company had found a way of giving back to them.
He assured all their customers and the public that ABii National, especially the Agona-Swedru branch, was poised to offer them the most convenient and rewarding financial partnership, which would unlock their financial potential.
Most of the customers, residents, traders and by-passers, who benefitted from the exercise, said they had not seen such a benevolent gesture in the area and were very grateful to ABii National and the Tobinco Group of Companies. GNA
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- The Backpack Messiah
- Ethiopian rebels fire verbal volley over peace deal
- French PM kicks off national debate with Yellow Vests
- We’re Not Communicating Well For Ghanaians To Understand What We've Achieved – Bawumia
- Former Keta MCE Found Dead
- Agric Ministry Denies Claims Of $12m Missing Fertilizer
- Good News For Divisional Chiefs, Judicial Committee Members As They Earn Allowances From Next Year
- Can new EU measures turn the tide on marine pollution?
- How 2 Men Were Caught With $2.8m By EFCC At The Airport
- Boko Haram mastermind of deadly Nigeria blasts arrested: police
- Burundi crisis summit postponed again: official
- Macron in Chad for Christmas dinner with Barkhane troops
- UN report on horror of gang rape and exploitation of migrants in Libya
- GHC180m approved for Special Prosecutor; Minority alleges clash of ‘egos’ with AG
- Former Keta MCE found dead in suspected suicide
- AshantiGold SC sign Burkina Faso goalkeeper Baba Zongo
- Meet the Catholic Priest who left his cassock to marry after 15 years
- CAF Confed Cup: Sharks aiming to swim against the tide in Kumasi
- GFA Normalization Committee sends goodwill message to Kotoko
- Parliament Approves Drone Agreement. Here is All You Need to Know About Ghana's "blood Delivery Drones".MP4
- By switching to lower-cost remittance services, the Ghanaian diaspora could send their loved ones an extra gift this Christmas
- Melcom gives back with appreciation dinner
- Rémy Martin teams up with artist Matt W. Moore to invite us to rethink the way we see the world
- Mustapha Hamid makes false claims on pelele drains in Ashanti region - Masawudu Mubarick
- The Sad Story of Innocent Yousif Musah Who Got Stabbed
- CAF CC: Ashanti Regional Minister Buys 100 Tickets For Kotoko Supporters Ahead Of Sharks Encounter
- Go tough on Ghana’s ‘uncivilized’ sanitation – Rawlings
- Meet the 21-year-old Ghanaian tech whiz who’s coded for Instagram and Snapchat
- Amidu’s office can’t justify GHC30m expenditure – Minority
- Ex President Kufuor’s MCE for Keta commits suicide in uncompleted building
- Seize, sell Menzgold and NAM1's assets to pay clients – Ato Forson to government
- Segun and Ronke Abiona, the couple behind the Nicole and Giovanni brand talks to Business Insider in this exclusive interview
- Jose Mourinho: Manchester United sack manager
- White Lady flies down to arrest Sakawa Boy who duped her of over €20,000
- Capital Bank: Ato Essien Countersues Recievers
- Media Analysts Rate Journalists Performance at President's Encounter
- Cargill Ends 10th Anniversary With Family Day
- Kwabena Duffour's Suit Thrown Out
- Minority Accuses Special Prosecutor and A-G of 'Clash of Egos'
- Bawumia Falter Party Communicators for Not Telling Their Good Works
- Catholic Priest Leaves Altar to Marry After 15 years of Service
- Jerry Arthur Gets Full Scholarship From Bayport to University