ABii National Savings and Loans, with support from the Tobinco Group of Companies has organised a free health screening and treatment session for its customers and the public at the premises of its Agona-Swedru Branch.
The kind gesture to the community, was part of ABii National’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CRS) on the theme ‘Health for all and true care for the needy’.
With support from ABii National’s parent Company, Tobinco Pharmaceuticals, the programme was aimed at making medical services available to the majority of those who find it difficult or impossible to access medical care.
The screening exercise attracted over 200 people, who took advantage of the occasion to check their health status, such as malaria, blood pressure, blood sugar level, body mass index, hepatitis B and other general health checks with free consultation services.
Numerous drugs ranging from analgesics, hematinic, antibiotics, de-wormers and anti-malaria drugs distributed by Tobinco Pharmaceuticals, were given out free of charge to the participants.
Medical personnel were also available to offer free advice to the people, who took advantage of the programme.
Mr Ashie Bennet, the Head of Corporate Affairs and Service Excellence, ABii National, said his outfit was overwhelmed with the number of people who turned out to be screened, and expressed his joy that the Company reached out to such a large number of people in just one day.
He recounted that ABii National won a Customer Service award just a week ago and it was important that they celebrated their customers and made them feel special.
He said their CSR theme for a couple of years now had been, “Health for all and True Care for the Needy”; and that the event formed part of the numerous programmes and activities lined up to help the needy and poor in society.
He said the exercise had also become even more crucial since it looked like such CSR activities were not common in the area.
He expressed his full gratitude to the other Tobinco Group subsidiary companies, who partnered them, within such a short notice to make the programme possible and successful.
Mr Evans Focus-Quartey, the Branch Manager of ABii National, Agona-Swedru, expressed gratitude to all residents of the area for their immeasurable support over the years and was pleased that the Company had found a way of giving back to them.
He assured all their customers and the public that ABii National, especially the Agona-Swedru branch, was poised to offer them the most convenient and rewarding financial partnership, which would unlock their financial potential.
Most of the customers, residents, traders and by-passers, who benefitted from the exercise, said they had not seen such a benevolent gesture in the area and were very grateful to ABii National and the Tobinco Group of Companies. GNA
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Will apple cider vinegar cure my cold?
- The pasta recipe that changed Jamie Oliver's life
- Politics: Texas newspaper that endorsed Ted Cruz in 2012 is now throwing its support behind Democrat Beto O'Rourke for the midterm election
- Poisonous tilapia: Fishmongers secretly carted fish for 'koobi'
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- Kidnapped Tanzanian tycoon Mohammed Dewji freed
- Akufo-Addo's spiritual brown dog cause of economic hardship in Ghana - Badu Kobi
- Girl, 7, found dead in uncovered manhole at Ashaiman
- Kill robbers who pursue you - Kennedy Agyapong tells constituents
- Mahama in his own words: Five things that caused his defeat
- Commander in Chief sports stadium for Tamale- Akufo-Addo announces
- CENTRAL Region: 9 year old CHILDREN engaged in massive PROSTITUTION
- VIDEO: Poisoned TILAPIA to be flown to NORWAY- Fisheries Minister Afoley Quaye reveals
- I didn’t snub my fans; I wasn’t ‘there mentally’- Stonebwoy reacts to viral ‘arrogant’ video
- Sacking retired lecturers will affect lecturer-student ratios, disrupt academic work- UTAG warns
- I joined NDC because of my ‘cousin, godmother and mentor’ Konadu Rawlings- Kojo BONSU opens up
- BULLET, Wendy SHAY attacked over failed publicity STUNT for song release using EBONY
- MyNewsGh.com founder Stephen Zoure honoured; ranked number 3 in Ghana
- You’re a non-serious character who must be ignored- Funny Face to Counselor Lutterodt
- Hardship, poor working conditions may force us to take BRIBES in court- Judge writes to Akufo-Addo
- Deputy Aviation Minister Leads Team To Air Navigation Confab
- More Women To Be Given Opportunities In Mining
- Eastern Region: Chinese Delegation Explore Economic Potential
- AGI Pushes For Downward Review Of Electricity Tariffs
- 6th Ghana Build Trade Exhibition Fair
- Impressive Economic Growth Of Ghana Shows Great Future Prospects
- MenzGold Customers In Western Region Demand Their Cash
- Moves To Sustain Campaign On Forest And Mining Laws
- Investigations Open Into Unwholesome Chinese GMO Fishes
- Nobody Smuggled Unwholesome Chinese Fishes
- Solomon Asante On Target As Phoenix Rising Claim First Ever USL Playoff Victory
- Sports Ministry Inaugurates The Technical Committee For The Review Of The National Youth Policy