Having craved for the power, or to put it politely, the opportunity to run Ghana football following the crisis that hit it with the Anas expose’, the Normalization Committee’s takeoff has been to a large extent underwhelming.
The NC’s stewardship almost a month after it was appointed by FIFA could be likened to a political party that promised the heavens to the masses just to capture power and yet seem clueless as to what to do when given the nod.
One very obvious thing they refuse to acknowledge, which is quite laughable is that they are the Ghana Football Association in itself – or to be precise, they wield the executive power.
There has been so far a tireless attempt to make a distinction between the Normalization Committee and the Ghana FA. A big fat joke!
They are always careful in their communications in stressing it’s the Normalization Committee of the Ghana Football Association. This gives the clearest indication that the NC don’t even appreciate the fact that they are literally the FA.
The height of this comedy, at least thus far, is the backdrop displayed during a pre-match press conference of a meaningless friendly match against Asante Kotoko – an innovation of the NC following the cancellation of Ghana’s 2019 AFCON qualifier against Sierra Leone – where the underneath the logo of the Ghana FA, it’s inscribed the Normalization Committee.
This is akin to putting the Executive Committee underneath the logo of the GFA in a backdrop. An ‘unhilarious’ joke!
Most worrying is that these blunders are being committed even before the ‘real’ work of the NC commences.
They have to tackle the issue about which club will be representing Ghana for CAF Inter-Club competitions by the end of this month. How this would be done especially
They would have to decide on what to do with the current season.
The Normalization Committee which by the way has replaced the Executive Committee of the GFA had appointed famous sports journalist Dan Kwaku Yeboah as its spokesperson.
The NC have every right to make such an appointment, but then it ends up complicating issues.
At the GFA is a Communications Department headed by a Deputy General Secretary Ibrahim Sannie Daara. Members of that department include Tamimu Issa, William Bossman and Julius Hansen Sackey.
With the appointment of Yeboah as the spokesperson of the NC which in effect is the Executive Committee, are we then to believe he only speaks for the Executive Committee of the GFA?
What becomes of the entire department and its leader?
The status of General Secretary Isaac Addo remains unknown as his duties have been taken over one of his deputies Alex Asante.
The fate of the close to 100 staff members remains uncertain at this point with the GFA headquarters still closed down over claims it is undergoing some sort of renovation.
Clearly, the NC need some assistance to steady this shaky takeoff. This doesn’t show weakness or incompetence – it is plainly being smart.
Luckily for them at least, GHALCA seems to be taking up one major aspect of their work in conducting an exercise of proposing reforms and amendments to the GFA’s Statutes, Disciplinary Code, Code of Ethics and Competitions.
But it is about time the NC wakes up from its slumber and start taking the initiatives for which it was appointed in the first place.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Here are the capitals of the newly created regions
- Ahmed Suale Came To My House Jittering—Nyantakyi
- National Folklore Board Signs Contract To Protect Folklore
- "It's a joy to see my two sons playing for Bayern and Barcelona"- KP Boateng' father
- 'I condemn Nana B for slapping Sammy Gyamfi' - Failed NPP Youth Organizer
- You Have Surprised Me, Ex-President Mahama!
- Menaye shades Asamoah Gyan with photo of Muntari and son plus 'DNA' caption
- Date For 2019 BECE Revised
- Manasseh Azure Awuni exposes corrupt female appointee at Jubilee House
- Police Administration reshuffles senior officers
- Why There Will Not Be Another Biafra
- This is how angry man punished rat for chewing his phone charger
- Step mum who left boy’s hand to rot after cutting it sentenced
- Asamoah Gyan is a disgrace; must be ashamed of himself now – Ghanaians
- FLASHBACK: I'll die for NAM 1 because of his money - Willi Roi
- VIDEO: Anokye Supremo’s body finally arrives in Ghana
- Shatta Wale and Andy Dosty go on a twitter war - both threaten each other for digging their own graves
- I did not justify 'bloody widow' placards – Sam George sets record straight
- Takoradi: Audio Tape Exposes Arrested Kidnapper
- The Oracle Played A Game Of Chess In Dagbon With The Rise Of Naa Abubakari Mahama (Naa Gariba II)
- Hear Ye the Truth, the Family of the Late Tiger Eye PI Journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- 3 reasons why a first degree is not valued in Ghana anymore
- Nkoranza NPP youth defect to NDC over Techiman capital
- Huge Crowd At Agyarko’s Funeral
- Bawumia Attends World Economic Forum
- Police Make Headway In Anas Boy’s Murder
- Concerned Police Officer Writes To The President
- Asabke Breaks Down In Court, Afoko Expresses Outrage
- LIVE UPDATES: Ghana vs Mali (U-20 AFCON)
- FLASHBACK: Jesus' second coming may never happen – Willi Roi
- I exchanged phones with Okyeame Kwame for a week – wife reveals
- Ahead Of 2020 Elections: NPP Activist Dares Mahama To Put His Family At The Battlefront
- GES Directive For WR School Heads
- Chantelle Asante rocks her baby bump on Instagram!
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Dies In Car Crash Few Days To Her Wedding
- Public Workers To Enjoy Digitised Payments From July
- Significance of Nana Addo’s yellow smock at Yaa-Naa’s investiture explained
- Volta Region Erupts For John Mahama
- Kotoko Shops For Holding Midfielder
- Corporal Punishment: Compliance On Ban Needs More Than ‘Threat’ Of Sanction
- Ghana Post MD, New Board Members Meet Asantehene Otumfuo
- Body of football player Emliano Sala found in plane wreckage