Having craved for the power, or to put it politely, the opportunity to run Ghana football following the crisis that hit it with the Anas expose’, the Normalization Committee’s takeoff has been to a large extent underwhelming.
The NC’s stewardship almost a month after it was appointed by FIFA could be likened to a political party that promised the heavens to the masses just to capture power and yet seem clueless as to what to do when given the nod.
One very obvious thing they refuse to acknowledge, which is quite laughable is that they are the Ghana Football Association in itself – or to be precise, they wield the executive power.
There has been so far a tireless attempt to make a distinction between the Normalization Committee and the Ghana FA. A big fat joke!
They are always careful in their communications in stressing it’s the Normalization Committee of the Ghana Football Association. This gives the clearest indication that the NC don’t even appreciate the fact that they are literally the FA.
The height of this comedy, at least thus far, is the backdrop displayed during a pre-match press conference of a meaningless friendly match against Asante Kotoko – an innovation of the NC following the cancellation of Ghana’s 2019 AFCON qualifier against Sierra Leone – where the underneath the logo of the Ghana FA, it’s inscribed the Normalization Committee.
This is akin to putting the Executive Committee underneath the logo of the GFA in a backdrop. An ‘unhilarious’ joke!
Most worrying is that these blunders are being committed even before the ‘real’ work of the NC commences.
They have to tackle the issue about which club will be representing Ghana for CAF Inter-Club competitions by the end of this month. How this would be done especially
They would have to decide on what to do with the current season.
The Normalization Committee which by the way has replaced the Executive Committee of the GFA had appointed famous sports journalist Dan Kwaku Yeboah as its spokesperson.
The NC have every right to make such an appointment, but then it ends up complicating issues.
At the GFA is a Communications Department headed by a Deputy General Secretary Ibrahim Sannie Daara. Members of that department include Tamimu Issa, William Bossman and Julius Hansen Sackey.
With the appointment of Yeboah as the spokesperson of the NC which in effect is the Executive Committee, are we then to believe he only speaks for the Executive Committee of the GFA?
What becomes of the entire department and its leader?
The status of General Secretary Isaac Addo remains unknown as his duties have been taken over one of his deputies Alex Asante.
The fate of the close to 100 staff members remains uncertain at this point with the GFA headquarters still closed down over claims it is undergoing some sort of renovation.
Clearly, the NC need some assistance to steady this shaky takeoff. This doesn’t show weakness or incompetence – it is plainly being smart.
Luckily for them at least, GHALCA seems to be taking up one major aspect of their work in conducting an exercise of proposing reforms and amendments to the GFA’s Statutes, Disciplinary Code, Code of Ethics and Competitions.
But it is about time the NC wakes up from its slumber and start taking the initiatives for which it was appointed in the first place.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- "I Won’t Die Until You Become President" - Nwabueze to Atiku
- IGP, Police Service Commission clash on special promotions: Reps begin probe
- Mahama Was Rushed Into The Presidency
- Ahead Of 2019 Budget: New Taxes, Increases Will Be Unacceptable
- Sodomy Puts Assistant Headmaster Of KUHISS In Trouble
- Strike Action Declared At Laboratory Of U/West Hospital
- Vice President Yemi Osinbajo: A Pastor Only By Name
- Ghana's Ambassador To The US Secures Over $60m Of Scholarship For Ghanaian Students
- Japanese-Ghana School Wins Yosakoi Dance Festival 2018
- OFFICIAL: Ropapa Mensah Joins Nashville SC Permanently
- Health Director orders killing of all stray dogs in Keta
- Tech: 10 things in tech you need to know today
- 5 best foods to control diabetes
- Finance Minister presents 2019 budget today
- Strategy: Meet the 8 Nigerians named on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list for 2019
- FG has not released cash for us to complete unemployment report; says NBS Boss
- Sports Tourism: Golf, More Than Just A Game
- Commemorating Alhaji Aliu Mahama: Six Years On
- NDC Congress: Vote For Women Candidates - WiLDAF Ghana To NDC Delegates
- The Disgruntled Former Prime Minister
- Kufuor Calls On Investors To Support Young Entrepreneurs
- Mark Of Excellence: NCC Chairman Congratulates Channel VAS Founder For Company’s Growth
- Mortuary Workers Call Off Strike
- NDC Polls: Ako Gunn kicks against NEC's decision of appointing communication officers from 2021
- NDC Polls: Action Youth for John Mahama descends heavily on Ofosu Ampofo
- Health Minister Cuts Sod For Construction Of Bogoso District Hospital
- Wayne Rooney To Be England Captain During Farewell Appearance
- 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: Black Stars Gears Up Ahead Of Ethiopia Clash [PICTURES]
- Manchester United Rekindle Interest In Jerome Boateng
- Ghanaian Midfielder Koby Arthur Scores Winner For Macclesfield FC In Checkatrade Trophy
- Joe Dodoo Bags Brace For Blackpool In Checkatrade Trophy Win Over Accrington Stanley
- Ghanaian Duo Asante, Awako To Work Under Rick Schantz At Phoenix Rising
- AshantiGold Widfielder James Akaminko Writes To Management To Cancel Contract - Report
- Nigeria Arrive In Ghana Ahead Of AWCON
- Awutu Senya East constituency gets projects under one million per constituency
- Black Stars hold first training session in Kenya
- Mukarama revels in Black Maidens’ 5-0 romp over Uruguay
- No tax increment at port – Sammy Awuku
- Ursula fights BoG over Kelni GVG deal
- Too many taxes crippling businesses – COPEC
- NDC elects new national executive this weekend; will it be Asiedu Nketia or Koku Anyidoho?
- 5 probe KNUST crisis